• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[mechanics] converted heros instead of leaving dungeon go crazy!

should converted heros go have a mental breakdown instead of leaving dungeon?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaptor

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
if you played dungeon keeper with converted knights in your dungeon you probly were annoyed when they left the dungeon using the evil creature portals.

this made no sense to me cause i figure that they would be eaten alive by what ever is on the otherside seeing they were heros after all and only safe cause they were in your dungeon.

so i suggest instead of having converted heros leave... have them lose their last shreds of sanity and start attacking every thing (because they are so depressed and can't go home they can't take it anymore)

only way to keep them incheck is to have a tavern or a place for them to drink away their sorrows.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmmm as far as i know heroes will change in appearance or at least behavior somewhat if converted. ---> Knights will be Black knights (just for understanding there are no such creatures announced) for example.

Thus making them "valid" Underlord creatures who can go as every creature since now they are evil.
(This is just what i remember from the tiny little bits heard from the devs please dont assume this is 100% correct)

otherwise Mental breakdown sounds awesome, at long as it isnt made too "funny". if some of the heroes get a breakdown in Jail or if the whole unit gets slaughtered.

could be a little too random though ...

adding this under game mechanics

Vaptor

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
for the most part id expect it never to happen in battle instead it would happen if you left the creature to sulk to long.

one more thing that would be kinda disturbing that goes along the mental breakdown lines is canablism in the jail... i mean they are starving there... :eek: well i guess that explains how the skeletons in dk2 got picked clean so fast = cell mates ate them.

Jan 3, 2013
If heroes will change - Portal. If not, they can simply rebel, then you can get them down and send them to torture chamber again, convert and use like you did before.

Castigator

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
If I recall correctly, your creatures would rebel in DK2, if you ignored their needs for too long. You could torture them back into your dungeon and as long as the majority of your dungeon remained loyal, you could perpetually force the rebels back into service. I liked that. If one of the heroes gets unhappy, depending on his character, he might leave without making any noise. Stealthy ones could take some of your gold and sneak out and the most brave/fanatic of them would defy you oplenly, but only when you didn't fulfill their needs. Even Horny in DK1 would behave, if you kept him happy and I doubt, that any minion in his right mind would start a fight over nothing. That doesn't account for the insane ones though.

Vaptor

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
let me clarify this idea part of the mental breakdown makes the unit unable to be converted to any side of course you could always turn them into skeletons or something but their minds are gone. trying to reconvert one would cause them bite off their own arms/legs tounge and bleed to death.

and as always beer solves all problems...

Castigator

Necromancer
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
Beer, huh? I need to retrive this magic substance from the surface dwellers to reconvert my insane minions? So be it. I will get all their beer! But jokes aside. If they try to hurt themselves during torture, I will perpetually torture them using healing and whatnot as a punishment for their weak attempt at escaping my service. So eventually they have to rejoin, or be the most unfortunate being in the dungeon.

Vaptor

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
that reminds me how i got annoyed then i went to put a ton of heros on the rack and find like 15 mistresses indulging them selfs on it " usually i just tossed the mistresses in the temple pool cause they never trained past level 1"

also the only times that a creature would rebel were when they were unable to leave the dungeon, if I am not mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom