1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_text

Discussion in 'Translation Questions' started by policeofficer110, Dec 15, 2016.

1. policeofficer110

policeofficer110 Ghoul

Hello.

I want to know how to test the message of "menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_text".
    Because I am anxious that "{0}" is not ascii.

manual_port_test.png

Does this work correctly ?
    Thank you and best regards.

2. v0id

v0id Programmer Dev Team

Hello Policeofficer,
    I am not sure if I understand the question, but insertions like {0}, {1}, ... are placeholders to insert other strings into translation keys.
    Sometimes these are values eg. gold or time, but sometimes even other translation keys.

In the case of "menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_text" the {0} will be replaced by a link to the port forwarding instruction manual, which does show the text label "menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_link_text".

In english this means:
    "menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_text" = "Please read our {0}."
    +
    "menu_multiplayer_port_test_manual_instructions_link_text" = "manual port setup tutorial
    +
    Link: https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/help-no-one-can-see-my-multiplayer-lobby.8999/

Will be evaluated to this HTML translation:
    Please read our <a href="https://forum.subterraneangames.com/threads/help-no-one-can-see-my-multiplayer-lobby.8999/">manual port setup tutorial</a>.

I hope this answers your question, if not please do not hesitate to ask more questions.
    Cheers

3. policeofficer110

policeofficer110 Ghoul

Hello v0id.
    Thank you for your reply.

Your answer was not what I wanted to know.
    But, my problem was solved.

I just wanted to know the meaning of "0xE2 80 8B".
    Because of that I thought this message would not be displayed correctly.
    manual_port_test2.jpg

Finally, I could see this message in the game when I pull out my LAN cable.
    And I confirmed this message has worked correctly.

Please forgive me my lousy English.

Thank you.

v0id and Noontide like this.