• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Mira Mi Poder - strategies

May 9, 2013
So I'm trying to do the achievement on C11 where you defeat Mira without losing more than 3 minions.
So far, it's been a case of getting zerged by her before I've even managed to build a decent force up.
Have any of you had successful strategies where you've been able to do this achievement?

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Strategies that come to mind:
  • Rush her with a small force of Bafus/occuli and just spam heal to keep them alive.
Or maybe
  • Get close enough to build a load of bombards and let those shoot at her minions, then creep forward with them getting closer until you can attack her core with them. This of course in theory loses no units if you can use forge/assembly to keep your minions out of the way.

Apr 6, 2015
Not sure what to tell you, this plays like any other map for me, only now you have a time limit.

I'd go with the usual. Dig EVERYTHING!! Claim everything. Wall in your heart. Spam you imps. Build all the creature rooms and amass a large army as fast as you can. Once you have a decent sized army start the fight, either go strait for her heart or lure her troops onto your ground to gain the favorable position and use whatever you like to gain the upper hand (spells/defenses). Just make sure you keep an eye on your time limit.

I guess flying creatures can be used as diversions to lure away her army on this map. Maybe try to make a special group and add only flyer's, try to take out lone creatures with them when you can while you are still building up your forces. You can also have your main army be the diversion and attack the heart with the flyer's.

Apr 23, 2012
Just got this figured out after a few tries.

As soon as you launch the map, reduce the game speed to 50%, summon 20 imps (for a total of 25) and start digging gold from north. Simultaneously, dig sough-west towards one portal. When the imps dig out the gold, build a beast den and ALWAYS drop shadows back into the den to discard them (they are stupid suiciders).

Then, near the northern-dug-out-gold pile, dig out a huge room for 3x5 arena, library, alchemy and guardhouse? (Augre room). Dig north-west towards the watcher-orb-thing. Simultaneously, dig west of there towards your second portal, south-west towards the mana shrine, and north-west towards the third portal. Don't worry about your workers dying, Mira won't use lightning bolt .

Once you have built all those rooms, add any new coming non-beast minion into a unique group One, and have both the groups ( Beast and One) open so that you'll be able to easily so which minion needs healing.

You should be around 3 minute mark by now, at which point you can start setting rally flags and slowly killing off every enemy minion while pushing towards Miras heart.

Don't slap your minions to death and keep a close eye on your minions health bars.
You can also get the Mondrian achievement by following these tips.

good luck!

Attachments

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
...As soon as you launch the map, reduce the game speed to 50%, summon 20 imps (for a total of 25) and start digging gold from north. Simultaneously, dig sough-west towards one portal. When the imps dig out the gold, build a beast den and ALWAYS drop shadows back into the den to discard them (they are stupid suiciders).

Then, near the northern-dug-out-gold pile, dig out a huge room for 3x5 arena, library, alchemy and guardhouse? (Augre room). Dig north-west towards the watcher-orb-thing. Simultaneously, dig west of there towards your second portal, south-west towards the mana shrine, and north-west towards the third portal. Don't worry about your workers dying, Mira won't use lightning bolt .....

Or you could just create two ember rifts at the start then direct them to Mira's heart while healing the fire embers. Capturing any Mana shrines on the map (There is one that I know of) will help.

Much simpler then other ways.

Brus Reed

Dwarven Worker
Sep 2, 2015
I've read all the strategies. I can always take Mira out. I have never been able to get the achievement. I'm still not sure how to tell if I've taken a loss or not. Ember Rift Demons with Cannon have been the closest. I've gotten Mondrian but not this. I assume that any minion is a minion. Some strategies say toss the imps an/or shadows back where they came from. Is that not a loss? I'll keep trying. There has to be more then one way to do this. Is there an official "What constitutes losing a minion?" If I destroy the dungeon heart with creatures KO'ed, could that be the problem? I think I have tried this at least 50 times now, from P 1.2.3 on, and perhaps hundreds of times in total, I've tried the suggestions, speeds, and different ways, I can almost always win. Creatures Killed on the success or failure screen does not seem to make any sense. **** This part was answered By GrimGreg's Screenshot. I worte: <<First of all, Creatures Killed is not a complete sentence and it could mean How many I Killed or how many of Mine Were Killed. I tried it once and killed everything Mira had, took over the entire map and utterly destroyed her forces long after she had the Mastered the Kenos. If I remember right the total was 12 killed. >> Creatures Killed is not causing a loss condition on the achievement > 3. So even though it is a strange counter, I don't need to deal with it in this case **** If I know the rules, I can win. Also, how do Imps level? High Level imps are harder to kill. Hers get to 3 very fast. I'll keep trying. At least I know how to get around the automatic RUSH she will attempt. I don't really want to find an exploit of the pathing code, I'd like to win by playing well. I can take her fast, I can take here with seemingly NO losses. But I remain 1 achievement from success. What is my question? What are the rules and is there anything OFFICIAL. That is all I need really. None of the strategies seem to know what triggers a loss condition. Everything I do loses the achivement. Speed seems to be all that people agree on. I'd suggest that with pure speed, it is hard to know if one looses minions. If the goal is to take out Mira without losing more then 3 minions, I'd like to know when I've lost 4 so I can try again.

I did it. I posted a guide to how! Thanks!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Seems like with the increased heart health some of the cheesier strategies don't work any more, and the map changed, making this way harder than any of master difficulty skirmishes or other achievements I've attempted so far. Are we allowed to delete our workers to make space for mana??

The lack of end game statistic telling how many minions we lost makes it very hard to figure out what counts and what doesn't

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Are we allowed to delete our workers to make space for mana??
Yes, you can throw them back into the dungeon core, if you want to free mana.
You can also throw away gateway units into the gateway and beast units into the beast portal, but for those exist better uses (eg. Crypt pyre, Tavern spitroast, Torture Chamber racks, ...).

Brus Reed

Dwarven Worker
Sep 2, 2015
ex2015-10-24_00006.jpg
ex2015-10-24_00009b.jpg
ex2015-10-24_00011.jpg
2015-10-24_00001.jpg
Yes! Got it. P1.2.4 10-24-2015 - I missed the Screenshot. Combination of several approaches. 2 Ember demons South of the last North facing bridge. Don't heal units, do it from the Flame Demon Battle Group tab. That heals them both. Heal with Mana in mind, and lurking shadows. Don't spam heal, you have to spam heal if you do it the other way, that was most of my problem. I could not always select the Flamies. Drawback is that the Heal spell un-highlights sometimes. Good for my Carpel Tunnels, bad for Flamies. Not a bug. Make sure your imps have something to do in the South. Give them explicit orders, they are dumb and suicidal as lemmings. Make sure you have impasses set past the North Bridge once you get Mira's Dungeon Heart damaged a bit. Beware Mira's Shadows. They can kill a Flame Demon on route. 3 is too many demons because of that. You have to do it with your originally spawned Ember Demons, and if your imps turn into vultures at the last minute and try and claim everything Mira's troops will eat them. I think it is vital to seize the area South of her dungeon core between the last N-S bridge and the E-W bridge to the east. Get there fast. If you have not realized that Annex will Click-Dig, Click Claim it will. Do it as mana allows. You may have to dig ahead of your imps. There seems to be a reason behind this, you can determine for yourself if there is or not. There is game-glory in claiming that dangerous ground. Not so much game-glory in confusing the pathing, but I'm not sure that is what is happening. Every time I didn't get the entire area, or perhaps didn't trigger the "Good, Dungeon Lord, you are making progress..." by tunneling right up the center, Mira invaded and with my having absolutely no defenses, she broke my heart.. ;(
You can build a few cannon blueprints to distract the Mira's troops there, but abandon them an concentrate on keeping your demons alive. It takes them a while to get a hole in her armor, but they will do the deed if you keep them burning. Game Speed I used was set as was 80 percent. At 50 Percent I failed. I didn't claim any portals, or build anything but vaults, Bombard Blueprints, and 2 Ember Rift Demon Constructs. Done, and Done! All non-timed Achievements except for Listen are complete. I don't like timers, but if I keep thinking Leroy.... I will probably do them too. I'm sick of Mira, but I did her timer achievement a while back. ---- A comment: Don't let some of the posts (On Steam or Here) make you think this is easy. I tried all the "This is HOW it is done" approaches and none of them worked for me as described. They all failed the Scientific Method. I could not get repeatable results. People can be so sure and it just doesn't work that way. With patches going on, and different styles, different levels of attention, and different reasons for doing it in the first place..... This is a game in evolution. I'm doing this because of that. I like trying to solve problems, and this sort of "testing" is fun for me. In this game, things change. I tried for this achievment hundreds of times, had fun doing it (mostly.) I finally took Nutter's advice in this thread, and even then, I lost until I fine tuned the approach.
Summary: This is difficult to do. Keep trying.
Alienware "Buick" quad-core, 4 Gig Ram, 1 AMD GPU, Windows 10-64 (Build P1.2.4 Public Test Branch)
(There is another bridge North. It is the other way into Mira's Dungeon Core. "Heart Break Bridge." Ignore it.)
I spent a LOT of time on this so I figured it needed some documentation. Easy for some, perhaps, but not for me. This is how I did it >acknowledging all the other people who have offered advice, thank you.< I needed all of it.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2015
Yes! Got it. P1.2.4 10-24-2015 - I missed the Screenshot. Combination of several approaches. 2 Ember demons South of the last North facing bridge.
wow. I can't see how you got those two ember demons survive. I managed to get it too but not with ember demons, thankyou everyone for the advice. you really have to hit her asap

Oct 25, 2015
Thanks for the great advice posted on here; I've just completed this mission and unlocked both Mira Mi Poder and Mondiran, amazingly only on the fifth try! Was expecting it after the 100th, especially as it took me twenty tries to complete it initially.

My advice to people struggling on this:

I wouldn't recommend making many imps as this will lock up mana, which you want to save for the heal spell.

Dig North immediately, avoid digging gold as this will only slow you down. Dig up to the Perception Shrine and then no further but claim everything in that area. You won't have time to dig any further north.

At this point create two ember rifts and then seal the area off with a rebuild-earth to prevent your imps from blinding committing suicide.

Whilst waiting for the rifts to be created mine some gold to ensure that you can build one more rift.

Mira will quickly mine through to you, try and claim a few tiles if you can then bolt anything that comes to you to ensure your imps don't get taken out.

Once the rifts are complete set a rally point at Mira's core and then just heal the demons. Remove all you imps back to near your core. I was lucky in that mine didn't get attacked that much but I did have to keep an eye on their health.

Good luck everyone!

Electrolight

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
At this point create two ember rifts and then seal the area off with a rebuild-earth to prevent your imps from blinding committing suicide.
Or you could also just hold your workers in your hand while you focus on the Ember demons. Using replacement earth is a waste of time and gold since Mira's workers will likely dig it out anyways.

Oct 25, 2015
Yeah holding the imps would be safer.

Didn't need any money though after the rifts were completed and having the imps active mining gold is helpful in case you need it for anything else.

Top Bottom