• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Misc]Different Evil-Hand Skin for Diffrent Underlords

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Hello,

I was just thinking that it would be nice if the appearance of the in-game hand could change depending on which Underlord you are playing. Perhaps it could even change to a shade of colour which corresponds to your dungeon colour in some cases and/or we could just get some awesom variations.
Of course, the actual functioning of the hand should not be changed, only its appearance.

What do you guys think?

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
While it's a cool little aesthetic touch, I think overall it's a very minor thing and wouldn't feel strongly either way. Still if you can think up any examples maybe if we could get a few sketches from someone I think that'd be pretty cool but it's a very limited impact element, much less than that of a theme I think.

I'm going to cover Riva's list while he's away I guess and add this to it. I'll also change your title to be representative.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
While it's a cool little aesthetic touch, I think overall it's a very minor thing and wouldn't feel strongly either way. Still if you can think up any examples maybe if we could get a few sketches from someone I think that'd be pretty cool but it's a very limited impact element, much less than that of a theme I think.

I'm going to cover Riva's list while he's away I guess and add this to it. I'll also change your title to be representative.
Well, yes, you are right in that it is a very minor thing, still worth considering as an added touch way down the development line.

In terms of examples, there could be some generic ones, which are generally for MP, where the hand colour is of a similar to the player colour (e.g. a yellow player would have a generic hand with a yellowish skin colour, blue tint for a blue player etc.).

Then there could a be a few standalones in certain cases. However, I can't think of any actual Underlords to match the hands to yet (becuase we don't really know enough about that yet). Still, here are a few off my head ideas:
  • I know a while ago, there was an idea of having a metal glove appeance (instead of a hand), which I think could look cool
  • If, for instance, you were playing some seriously dark underlord, you perhaps could have a dark hand with some black/smoky particile effects coming off it
  • If you are playing a kind of tribal underlord, perhaps there could be a little tribal decoration on the hand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom