• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My version of War For The Overworld has not updated!

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
This is a very common problem we see so here are some ways you can correct this.

Linux and Mac users please all ways read the patch notes. Sadly bugs are unavoidable and sometime we may have to delay Linux/Mac builds until the problem/s can be corrected.

• Make sure the patch is released - We sometimes post patch notes a few hours ahead of release.
  • Make sure the game is closed before waiting for the download to start.
  • A clean system restart can sometimes work wonders.
  • Verify integrity of the game cache (in-depth tutorial further down)
    • From the Library section, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu.
    • Select the Local files tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.
    • Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.
  • Make sure you have not opted in on other test builds - these may have not been updated yet.
  • Patience is a virtue - sometimes waiting is the only answer.

Verify integrity of the game cache in-depth tutorial.

1) From the Library section, right-click on the game and select "Properties" from the menu.
properties 1.jpg

2) Select the Local files tab and click the "Verify integrity of game cache..." button.

Verify 2.jpg

3) Steam will verify the game's files - this process may take several minutes.

nearly done 3.jpg

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Hi Igor,

Please can you provide additional information, including the build number displayed on the main menu and details of your PC.

Kind Regards,

Noontide

Alistair

Captain Graze Box
WFTO Founder
Dec 11, 2011
UK
I downloaded the game the other day, and it updated to version wfto v1.0.25, i cant get it to do any other updates i followed all the steps above

build version is 595922

http://ctrlv.in/586864
Hello Haslador.

1.0.25 is the latest public version. We will be launching patch 1.1 very shortly.

Edit - 1.1 is now out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom