• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Natural Hazards / Neutral Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2013
I'm not even sure I would want this :) but it could be good for harder settings in single player or as an option that can be turned off.

Naturally occurring dangers maybe a better description.

Example: Mushrooms
Effect : Hallucination
Cool down : medium/ slow
Attracts: greedy creatures
Additional: If you claim a wall/floor with mushrooms growing they could either disappear or your creatures could become resistant to there effects.

Other possibilities: Active lava that boils and spits - medium range damage, holes in the floor covered by debris - creature falls in and can not move until rescued, Strangling vines, Haunted ruins - scare trap, hornets nest, Rats - disease.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Heh, not a bad idea. Maybe hazards should be placeable in the Dungeoneer editor, thus making it the choice of the map creator whether or not to incorporate the hazards or not. For example, the map creator could actually place the dangerous mushrooms on the map in the locations he/she wishes.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Ah you beat me to the shrooms idea. Although in honesty I like that you suggest them to be naturally occurring.
I think natural hazards would be a great addition to the game. Makes games better when the environment feels more alive and interactive.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i bugged noon and got a name change for that topic since it caused some confusion, i hope it is what you had in mind :D

adding this now, took me long enough

Jan 3, 2013
Didn't we have a discussion about different themes and obstacles generated there, including exploding mushrooms, sudden cave-ins, lava geysers and so on?
Anyway many would love to see this. It would make gameplay more dynamic even when player is not participating in the combat. Having an entire system that randomly puts up things to the map ( with tick box of course ) would be awesome.

Jun 26, 2013
i bugged noon and got a name change for that topic since it caused some confusion, i hope it is what you had in mind :D

adding this now, took me long enough
Thank you, it was always supposed to be 'Natural Traps' I don't know what a Neural trap would be. :)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Didn't we have a discussion about different themes and obstacles generated there, including exploding mushrooms, sudden cave-ins, lava geysers and so on?
Anyway many would love to see this. It would make gameplay more dynamic even when player is not participating in the combat. Having an entire system that randomly puts up things to the map ( with tick box of course ) would be awesome.
yeah we had some topics about different tiles etc. but i think these were more on the game mechanic side: like the abyss , Lava Tiles etc. i would love to see some natural traps for map making purposes :D

Jan 3, 2013
Edit.
I'd like to suggest to tie entire neutral content together, witch will consist of neutral creatures ( both hostile-to-all or the one that can be recruited/claimed ), neutral bonuses ( shrines and probably boxes with special bonuses ) and special natural events ( all sort of things that may happen underground ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom