• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Neutral Creature - Elementalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Name: Elementalist

Preface: Having seen numerous 'Elemental' thread recently, I realized that they are obviously a pretty popular idea. However, all of them - that I have looked at - seem to have one flaw - How the heck are the elementals created? This info may be missing because it isn't important, but I saw a chance to create a new Creature idea. Please take note that these are separate entities from any other Elementals. They are temporary summons created for a limited time to help the Elementalist in battle

Appearance image:

Stats:

Health: Low
Armor: High
Movement Speed: Below Average
Attack strength: Average
Attack speed: Below Average
Attack Type: Blunt
Intelligence: High
Construction: Low
Training Rate: Fast
Training Cost: High
Wage: Low

Skills:
  • Smack: The Elementalist smacks enemies on the head with his old staff
  • Energy Bolt: LVL 2 - The Elementalist throws a ball of raw Magical Energy at the enemy. Below Average damage. Cooldown - 5 seconds
  • Summon Lesser Elemental: LVL 4. The Elementalist summons a weak Elemental, which will guard him until it's energies expire - about 30 seconds. Cooldown 1min 30 seconds. Max: 5 Lesser Elementals per Elementalist
  • Summon Elemental: LVL 8. The Elementalist will summon an Elemental, which will guard him and wander a short distance around the Dungeon before fading with it's power - about 1 minute. Cooldown 2min. Max: 3 Elementals per Elementalist
  • Summon Greater Elemental: LVL 10. The Elementalist will summon a Greater Elemental, which has complete free will, and has immense power. As such, it will last for 4 minutes before fading away.
Other​
  • Old: Due to the Elementalist's advanced age, he is easily tired. Therefore, he can't run for very long, and can only summon a certain amount of Elementals before he becomes tired. This makes him move extremely slowly, while he catches his breath, and means he can't do anything that tires him out for a certain amount of time. See Energy Points
  • Creature Affinity: Grants the Elementalist knowledge of Creatures, their elemental attributes, and how best to counteract them, meaning that he will be more likely to summon the best Elemental for the circumstances. Learned at LVL 6. Passive ability.
  • Coma-port: If the Elementalist runs out of Energy points completely, he will collapse. However, his body will get him out of danger. For a tiny Blood Cost, it will teleport to the nearest secure room of his master. This will enable the Workers to take him to his lair to recover in a far safer way than having to travel all the way to his body, and all the way back. Learned at LVL 4
  • Energy Points: The Elementalist has a certain amount of 'Energy Points' that he can use before he becomes tired. In this state, he will move slower, and his abilities and attacks will cool down slower. If he keeps on using Energy Points, the Elementalist will collapse, become unable to move, and will have to be taken back to his Lair to rest. At Level 10, the Energy points will cap at 50. This will allow the Elementalist to summon a Greater Elemental once, a Elemental three times, and a Lesser Elemental 5 times before Exhaustion. These costs are regardless of Elemental type
Weaknesses/Resistances: Weak vs Physical. Low resistance to Magic

Information: These old men study for most of their lives just to get to the point of being able to summon a puff of smoke without a mile-thick protective enchantment.

Appearance: Very old men in grey cloaks, with knobbly wooden staffs in their hands. The better ones have armour.

Behavior in Dungeon: These old men spend most of their time in the Library, researching spells, and maybe even recording some. They will rarely train, unless there is no way to research

Battle Style: Support

Jobs: Research

Loves: Research

Hates: Torture, Manufacturing

Anger reaction: Leave Dungeon, 20%, Become Neutral Hostile, 80%

Lair: Some sort of rickety old chair?

Obtainable By: Torture, Editor

Attracted by: N/A

How Introduced: Unknown. Suggestions?

Entrance Effect: N/A

Torture: Getting beaten over the head with his staff?

Advisor Quotes:Unknown. Suggestions?
Name Earth Elemental
Preface This is one of the four Elemental types to go with the Elementalist

Appearance image:

Stats:

Health: Above Average
Armor: Very High
Movement Speed: Slow
Attack strength: Average
Attack speed: Slow
Intelligence: N/A
Construction: N/A
Training Rate: N/A
Training Cost: N/A
Wage: N/A

Skills:

• As Lesser Elemental:
    • Smash: The Elemental pummels the enemy with its fists.
    • Toss rock: Has a short range, moderate damage and awesome looks. Cooldown 15 seconds
  • As Elemental:
    • Tremor: The Elemental smashes the ground several times with his fists, knocking over nearby creatures. Including yours. Does low damage in a large radius. Cooldown 30 seconds
  • As Greater Elemental:
    • Quake: An upgraded form of Tremor. Increased damage, chance to stun creatures, small damage to fortified walls. 1 min
Weaknesses/Resistances:Weak against Water, Air. Resistant to Earth.
Information: The Elemental is an ancient spirit that has sealed itself inside a certain element.In this case, the spirit has chosen Earth, the strongest and slowest of them. Earth Elementals are large beasts, that may have been the inspiration for the Human-created constructs called Golems.

Appearance: A large beast, that walks in a similar way to a gorilla, (you know, arms used as front legs), but made completely from Earth. Stone as armour, Dirt as flesh. Maybe some small trees or shrubs growing from it.
Behavior in Dungeon: The Earth Elemental, been around for only a limited time, has no real 'behavior'. However, when summoned, it will protect it's master

Battle Style: Blocker

Jobs: Protects it's master

Loves: Earth. It's Master

Hates: Anything that threatens it's Master, Water & Air elementals

Anger reaction: No Anger, Only Obedience. And Zuul.

Lair: N/A

Obtainable By: 1 in 4 chance of being summoned by an Elementalist

Attracted by: N/A

How Introduced: Introduced sometime after Elementalist, perhaps after completing specific research?

Entrance Effect: N/A
Torture: N/A - Dies instantly, no unconsciousness

Advisor Quotes: No idea yet
Name Fire Elemental​
Preface This is one of the four Elemental types to go with the Elementalist​
Appearance image:
Stats:
Health: Average​
Armor: Average​
Movement Speed: Below Average​
Attack strength: High​
Attack speed: Above Average​
Intelligence: N/A​
Construction: N/A​
Training Rate: N/A​
Training Cost: N/A​
Wage: N/A​
Skills:
  • As Lesser Elemental:
    • Scorch - Any who touch the Fire Elemental's body suffers minor fire damage
    • Slash - The Fire Elemental takes a swipe with its flaming sword
    • Lob Fireball - The Fire Elemental throws a small ball of fire at his enemies - Low Damage, Cooldown 10 seconds
  • As Elemental
    • Blaze - The Fire Elemental sends out a wall of Fire which does moderate damage to creatures and high damage to Wooden Doors/Barricades. Things hit with this have a small chance of catching fire, and will burn for a short time, taking very low, but continual, damage. Cooldown - 20 sec
  • As Greater Elemental:
    • Inferno: Upgraded Blaze. Increased damage, increased chance of catching fire, small damage to walls. Cooldown - 50 seconds
Weaknesses/Resistances:Weak against Water, Strong against Fire
Information: The Elemental is an ancient spirit that has sealed itself inside a certain element. In this case, the spirit has chosen Fire, the cruelest, proudest element. This is reflected in their form, and in their personality. The Fire Elemental is a beast that may have been what the Humans describe as an Ifrit.​
Appearance: A blazing spectre, with black smoke pouring from the cracks of their burning armour​
Behavior in Dungeon: The Fire Elemental, been around for only a limited time, has no real 'behavior'. However, when summoned, it will protect it's master​
Battle Style: Blitzer​
Jobs: Guards its Master​
Loves: Fire. Its Master​
Hates: Water. Its Master's enemies​
Anger reaction: No Anger. Only Obedience​
Lair: N/A​
Obtainable By: 1 in 4 chance of being summoned by an Elementalist​
Attracted by: N/A​
How Introduced: Introduced sometime after Elementalist, perhaps after completing specific research?​
Entrance Effect: N/A​
Torture: N/A - Dies instantly, no unconsciousness​
Advisor Quotes: No idea yet​
Name Air Elemental​
Appearance image:
Stats:
Health: Low​
Armor: Below Average​
Movement Speed: High​
Attack strength: Below Average​
Attack speed: High​
Skills:
  • As Lesser Elemental:
    • Claw: The Air Elemental rakes at enemies with its claws
    • Haste: The Air Elemental calls upon the powers of Wind to speed the feet of its allies. Cooldown 10 seconds, lasts until cast on new target
  • As Elemental:
    • Twister: The Air Elemental shoots out a small tornado, which has the power to pick up and throw smaller objects in its way before dissipating/hitting a wall. Cooldown, 30 seconds, minimal damage, lasts 10 seconds
  • As Greater Elemental:
    • Cyclone: Upgraded form of Twister. Increased duration, increased picking-up power, increased damage, minimal damage to walls. Cooldown 45 seconds
Weaknesses/Resistances: Weak against Earth, Fire. Resistant to Wind​
Information: The Elemental is an ancient spirit that has sealed itself inside a certain element.In this case, the spirit has chosen Wind, the quickest and most agile of them. Air elementals are thought to be the ones that Humans call Djinni, though if they think that Air elementals will grant wishes, they are sorely mistaken.​
Appearance: The Air elemental is composed solely out of clouds, which are constantly being re-shaped by the wind.​
Behavior in Dungeon: The Earth Elemental, been around for only a limited time, has no real 'behavior'. However, when summoned, it will protect it's master​
Battle Style: Scouts​
Jobs: Protects it's master​
Loves: Air. It's Master​
Hates: Anything that threatens it's Master, Fire & Earth elementals​
Anger reaction: No Anger, Only Obedience.​
How Introduced: Introduced sometime after Elementalist, perhaps after completing specific research?​
Name Water Elemental​
Appearance image:
Stats:
Health: Above Average​
Armor: Below Average​
Movement Speed: Average​
Attack strength: Low​
Attack speed: High​
Skills:
  • As Lesser Elemental:
    • Splash: The Water Elemental smacks at enemies with its fist
    • Heal: The Water Elemental calls upon the powers of Water to heal the bodies of their allies. Cooldown 15 seconds.
  • As Elemental:
    • Wave: The Water Elemental calls a small wave out of the blue. This has a chance to knock creatures off their feet. It also increases the power of Electricity-based attacks, such as the Lightning trap. Cooldown 30 seconds
  • As Greater Elemental:
    • Tsunami: Upgraded form of Wave. Increased duration, increased soaking power, increased damage, minimal damage to walls. Cooldown 45 seconds
Weaknesses/Resistances: Weak against Fire. Resistant to Water​
Information: The Elemental is an ancient spirit that has sealed itself inside a certain element.In this case, the spirit has chosen Water, the gentlest and most caring of them. Water elementals are thought to be the ones that Humans call Sirens, as the Water Elemental's voiced apparently sound like singing maidens. Poor, deluded, mortals​
Appearance: The Air elemental is composed solely out of clouds, which are constantly being re-shaped by the wind.​
Behavior in Dungeon: The Earth Elemental, been around for only a limited time, has no real 'behavior'. However, when summoned, it will protect it's master​
Battle Style: Support​
Jobs: Protects it's master​
Loves: Water. It's Master​
Hates: Anything that threatens it's Master, Fire​
Anger reaction: No Anger, Only Obedience.​

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Extra Detail - Elemental Type summoned is randomized between Earth, Fire, Air and Water. However, if the Elementalist is lvl 6 or higher, he learns Creature Affinity, which grants him knowledge of Creatures, their elemental attributes, and how best to counteract them, meaning that he will be more likely to summon the best Elemental for the circumstances

iggii

Bafu
WFTO Backer
Apr 15, 2012
Czech Republic
Extra Detail - Elemental Type summoned is randomized between Earth, Fire, Air and Water.
Info on specific Elementals in their own threads
Its good idea. Nice to have not only standard type (I know he is not called warlock in the game, but you know who i mean) but also this old buddy.
1 thing - if the summoned elemental is fire elemental when attacking 2 salamanders, he doesnt stand a much chance - this should be aided somehow, not totally random. He could be unpredictable and unusable in some fights when casting bad elemental...

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
For the sake of keeping everything in one place, Onion Master, I'd keep all your elementals in the same thread. It also looks less spammy (and you aren't spammy, but all these threads for different elemental types can certainly come off that way).

The basic premise is alright, but I'd add a single attack spell to him or maybe a support spell. Also, I want to note something you wrote.

...which will guard him until it's energies expire - about 30 seconds. Cooldown 1min 30 seconds. Max: 5 Lesser Elementals per Elementalist...
...which will guard him... [for] about 1 minute. Cooldown 2min. Max: 3 Elementals per Elementalist
Okay. Math. I have a pie. I eat this pie in 30 seconds. I can only get a new pie every one minute and thirty seconds. What is the maximum number of pies I can ever have at once?

One.

If you want there to be multiple elementals per elementalist, you have to consider the cooldown vs. duration. It is IMPOSSIBLE, as is, for these Elementalists to summon more than 1 Lesser or normal elemental at once unless they were to have a... >200% cooldown reduction buff on the normal elemental or >300% cooldown reduction on the lesser elemental. Of course, 5 elementals and 3 elementals is too much anyway, so how about this:

Lesser - Duration is 45 seconds, CD is 15 seconds, max of 2 at once.
Normal - Duration is 1m. 30 seconds, CD is 30 seconds, max of 2 at once.
Greater - stays as is.

I think that's fairer and, of course, is possible given the math. It would allow your Elementalists to make quick meatwalls, but these meatwalls aren't going to be vast in number, nor should they be very powerful.

Now, if the "Max" was not a maximum number of elementals that can be fighting at one time, but instead a way to measure how tired the Elementalist becomes, I'm sorry for having dragged your thread in an odd direction. However, when I see "Cooldown" and "Maximum number," I see "The maximum number of entities of this sort that can exist at once per elementalist." If this is not what you intended, please slap me and I'll slink away like a slinky. Into the darkness. Down the stairs. If not, I realize you wrote this at 4 a.m., and were probably very tired - it's no real fault of your own that the math is bonkers.

...Well, okay, it's your fault you stayed up 'til 4 a.m., but you get the picture.

So, summary: Check the math, combine your threads for ease and space, and try to get more sleep, brother.

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
What I mean for Max elementals per Elementalist is that that is how many he can summon before he gets tired
BTW, How do you combine threads?
Okay. You might want to make that bit clearer in the thread, about the max he can summon before being tired. "Max" suggests the number he can summon at once, which made the math bonkers. You'll need to consider the following, then:

1) Does this mean an Elementalist can summon 4 Lessers and 2 Normals and not get tired even though summoning only 5 Lessers or only 3 Normals would tire him? (If so, that's illogical, so a "point system" would probably work best - he has a number of summing "points" he can cast before he gets the Tired penalty.)
2) How long does Tired last?
3) How long does it take for the summonings to no longer affect the Elementalist so he can cast magic without risking the Tired affliction again?
4) Does Greater Elemental summoning cause the Tired affliction?

These four points are important to consider. Of course, if the creature is implemented, the Devs will handle this stuff, but thinking about this and maybe even using a "point" system for determining the Tired penalty would be useful. For example:

An Elementalist can cast 1xLevel summoning points before being tired. Lesser Elementals cost 1 pt. Normals cost 3. Greaters cost 5. So, a level 4 Elementalist could summon 4 lesser elementals before being tired. A level 8 Elementalist could summon 8 lessers, 2 normals and 2 lessers, or 5 normals and 1 lesser before becoming tired.

Now, note the 4 level gap in which our flimsy, old elementalist has no combat usefulness. He smacks stuff with a stick and that's it. I think you should give him SOMETHING to use at level 2 so that he can actually be useful in fights. At the very least, I'd replace Smack with a ranged attack so that he doesn't have to hobble into the melee and get smacked to death by something. He's not a melee combatant, so why outfit him with such abilities?

As for combining threads, when I say "combine" I really mean "Copy and paste the relevant information and separate stuff out like I just did above this line." When I have multiple, related suggestions in a single thread - such as alternate abilities for a creature -, I use a line of asterisks to show it. For example:

Creature: Wererat
Blablabla lots of details

Alternate Wererat abilities
Blablabla more details

Ending comments
It's a simple, but easy to see and understand format. Your readers can typically tell what you're getting at when you use the asterisks.

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
how about, rather than it be completely random, an Elementalist can only summon an elemental of a type that it has access to, for example, an Elementalist can only summon a water elemental near water, or a fire elemental near lave, but can summon an air or rock elemental anywhere? (and then perhaps a level 10 Elementalist can summon anything they want)
therefore in normal circumstances there's a 50/50 chance of summoning an air or rock elemental, near lava or water it's 40/30/30 lava (or water) rock or air elemental. or perhaps have chance of summoning a certain type of elemental increase in chance by proximity, up to a maximum of 50/50 lava or water/air when on a bridge and significantly far from "land"
This may be a good idea, but it may also make it a lot harder to use the Elementalist. It is hard for a noob like me to know.
Maybe we should put it to a vote. The People can say which system they prefer, and then the entry can be changed, depending on which system got the most votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom