• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Neutral Creature] Kobold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Name: Kobold
Description/Preface:
Image: http://paizo.com/image/content/Kingmaker/PZO9031-KoboldShaman.jpg

Key Stats
Highlight: Quick and sneaky, but cowardly.
Faction: None
Type: Intelligent
Role: Melee Fighter
Acquired By: Neutrals or Torture
Basic Attack: Melee Slash
Offensive Power: Low
Defensive Power: Low
Resistances: Strong Vs. Melee, Weak Vs. Magic
Movement: Fast
Work: Construction of traps in the Forgery.
Entertainment: N/A
Special Needs: N/A
Upgrades: Can get armour from the Forgery at level 5.

Passive Traits
Trap Forger: Can construct only traps, but at a quicker speed.
Power in Numbers: For each kobold, an increase in attack power.

Active Abilities
Coward: Runs away from all units for a brief amount of time, movement speed increased.
Latch: Jumps onto an enemy, scratching and biting for a short while.

Flavour
Appearance: N/A
Dislikes: N/A
Behaviour: N/A

Nazgren

Templar
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2011
sounds quite good, perhaps make them able to mine in a simmilar way to dwarves?
as for the image ive always liked the wow version of kobolds: http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/9/97/KoboldMG.JPG
perhaps there would be an easter egg where every now and again when he enters combat he says "You no take candle!" :p
the repairing traps is a good idea, thats something i diddent like about dk2 was not being able to repair stuff.
the level 5 ability also sounds good, but how would that work? would it make them flee back to the dungeon heart of just out of LOS of any enemies?

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
sounds quite good, perhaps make them able to mine in a simmilar way to dwarves?
It was considered, but I'll wait for other's opinions for that.

as for the image ive always liked the wow version of kobolds: http://images.wikia.com/wowwiki/images/9/97/KoboldMG.JPG
From what I know, there's like three versions of the Kobold.

Lizard-like (Dungeon Keeper)
Rat-Like (Warcraft)
'Pixie'-Like (Wikipedia)

I still prefer mine compared to Warcraft's.

the level 5 ability also sounds good, but how would that work? would it make them flee back to the dungeon heart of just out of LOS of any enemies?
Pretty much run out of LoS from any enemies and allies.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Small edits, increased INT to just Moderate, changed hang-out behavior slightly.

Inlaa

Arcanist
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I like the idea of this as a Neutral creature. It's a neutral creature that you could honestly find in small packs and not be overwhelmed in the early game. They're weak, but not without their areas to shine in.

...Also -- Hehe, chicken snatchers.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I like the idea of this as a Neutral creature. It's a neutral creature that you could honestly find in small packs and not be overwhelmed in the early game. They're weak, but not without their areas to shine in.

...Also -- Hehe, chicken snatchers.
Haha, glad you like them. :D

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
I like the idea. Though I would really like them to be on the evil side. I'd love a pack of Kobold's to use as cannon fodder!
I'm not too sure about the Kobolds being on the evil side, seeing how it doesn't fit their personality that well. Also, from what I heard, Neutral Creatures aren't as restricted (Mechanic and Appearance wise) as Evil Creatures/Heroes.

But aside from that, I'm sure the Evil Side will get a cannon fodder for everyone to toss with reckless abandon. :D
Glad you like the Kobolds as well.

Evi

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
Bah, old outdated suggestion.

Re-done most of it, removed the art, since those are my Aitor Kobolds and I don't want to hear people whine about reptile breasts.

Jan 7, 2012
They could be used as a neutral version of a primitive enemy,
they cant fortiefie walls, they have no real rooms or dungeon core, but they mine tunnels in a small/medium radius and grow in numbers as long as they stay undiscovered.

If you stumble over them too late while you are busy, fighting a greater enemy, you could get a real problem, with nasty little critters using their annoying it and run actic to kill your weak units and stal your gold/pigs.
Also a small area of the map looks like swiss cheese and will be hard to defend after being claimed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom