• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Neutral Creature] Koschey the Immortal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
Name
Koschey the Immortal

Preface
Unfit for Empire hero, Koschey could serve as a powerful invading event. His behaviour and addiction to gold could be used to trick him to attacking other Underlords.
Description:
King, whose lust for gold rivaled that of ancient Midas. So much was his passion that it attracted infernal powers, always waiting to play on human avarice. Offered with diabolical pact to trade his beauty for gold, he accepted without questions. Ready to gloat at the king for foolishly turning his body into a withered walking husk, demon found with annoying surprise that Koschey was more than satisfied with his new form. Tables turned on demons when Koschey's passion for gold mixed with infernal intervetion awakened a powerful magic within. Unable to forget all the gold demons gave him, Koschey became assured that demons had unlimited source of their gold. Newly crowned Undead King scourged every demon from his kingdom and forced his wizards into searching for the source of the demon gold. Seeking the ways to rid the kingdom from obsessed undead ruler, wizards found the way to send their ruler as far as it was possible. Armed with new information about the land of neverending riches, Koschey the Immortal embarked on his Crusade to put them in his coffers - Crusade to Underworld.

Appearance image:

Stats: (Remember: Avoid using numbers for statistics. Use general terms, such as "low", "very low", or "high".)

Health: High
Armor: Very High
Movement Speed: Average speed (increases when running to gold piles)
Attack strength: Moderate attack damage (main power lies in durability and magic)
Attack speed: Low to moderate
Intelligence: Average
Construction: Bad

Skills and Abilities:
Passive:
Aura of Undeath - Koschey often resurrects skeletons around him.
Power of Greed - Koschey get more powerful as he pillages more and more gold from your minions.
Immorality - Leaves no corpse - when killed instantly vanishes to rise once again(aka vampire from DK2).
Active
Level 1: Bleak Cleaver - powerful but slow attack
Level 2: One resurrection
Level 3: Arise, my minions! - summons a throng of skeletons to fight by his side.
Level 4: Second resurrection.
Level 5: Koschey's Touch - instantly eliminates one your minions and turns them into gold. (long cooldown)
Level 6: Third resurrection.
Level 7: Leech King - each second Koschey walks your area of influence you lose N gold (some small amount, but sthat could deal significant harm if left untended).
Level 8: Fourth resurrection
Level 10: Immortal Retinue - Undead King summons his retinue of greater undead creatures to fight by his side.

Weaknesses/Resistances:
Weak to fire and magical damage
Extremely resistant to physical damage.
Unable to resist the lure of gold.

Information: Koschey starts as a powerful tank with several skeletal minions to haras player on early levels. later on, he is becoming more and more powerful, able to cause a great deal of troubles f mid levels. And when maxed out, he is a one-man army, able to spawn armies of undead and tank even strongest of your minions. His role is operating alone, apart from empire heroes and other neutral creatures, maybe sometimes banding with undead ones.

Appearance: Koschey the Immortal looks like an old man, a walking corpse, drained of life. Nevertheless, he is clad in heavy regal armor and wears huge cleaver. His movements are in no way resemble zombies or shambling mummies.

Behavior in Dungeon: His goals are simple - pillage, loot and despoil. His every action directed on one particular target - your treasury. While thieves crawl stealthly towards your riches, Koschey is a king, and will not act as a lowly thief. He will act as any other king - storm your dungeon by brute and unrelenting force, crushing(and looting) any opposition on his way. And if he fails, that' only a delay before his next attempt to claim your gold.

Battle Style: He is a tank. Advanceinevitably on his foes and summoning undead minions left and right. He could be swayed from his path, lured into traps or slowed by dropping sacks of gold. When confronted by magical damage dealers he will send his undead retinue to silence ranged minions while chopping his way through nearby melee meatshield. With his Leech king ability and constant looting he is becoming stronger and stronger with time, so luring and dropping gold could bring more harm.

Attracted by: Significant gold reserves.

Advisor Quotes: [OPTIONAL] Beware, Underlord, Koschey the Immortalhas entered your dungeon and is heading after your gold. Stop undead King now before its too late.

Aedis

Blood Imp
Feb 3, 2013
Johannesburg, Gauteng
I think he is a bit over-powered especially with that leech king ability
Four res's is insane you might want to stick with one or 2
Does Immortal retinue replace Arise my minions when he reaches lvl 10 beacuse I think it should
Immortality - (vampries could die but they had to be level 3 or lower) to be honest if i had to keep fighting this fool (a keepers perspective) every time he decides to attack I think i would lose it. there has to be a way just to stop him from attacking permanently
Gold buff - needs to be a limit
Defeat - can i get my gold back?
This oke is seriously game breaking. However maybe as a special challenge map or survivability mod map could be fun

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
I guess if its a unique hero character then it's ok to be overpowered though.

This isn't a regular hero unit is it?

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
Gold buff - surely could have a limit, no problem here.
His death may give you time to recover. For example, he may serve as a replacement for general hero party spawn.
The whole point of this hero - to serve as an event. He, in idea, attacks alone with some weak skeleton retinue. And players should beat him quite easily if act fast. And later on, he could rise from distraction to major trouble if neglected\leveled.
And his overall powerful stats and abilities may serve as a challenge for players, who accumulated large sums of gold.

Jan 3, 2013
Change the name as this guy comes from Russian Fairytales and stuff.

@ Others : It's pretty much a Death Knight concept. Consider him as DK2 Black Knight with spells.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Change the name as this guy comes from Russian Fairytales and stuff.

@ Others : It's pretty much a Death Knight concept. Consider him as DK2 Black Knight with spells.
well if it is a neutral encounter or event then no its not even remotely like a black knight ... you cant get it for example

Jan 3, 2013
well if it is a neutral encounter or event then no its not even remotely like a black knight ... you cant get it for example
He is mix of Black Knight and Caster, thus a Death Knight. Has the best of both classes. Mix DK2 Black Knight and Dark Angel's spells and you get him.

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
His name was intended to be a referrance to mythology. He is a kind of lich-death knight, obsessed with pwoer and gold. I see nothing bad in adding names of mythical creatures and heroes, from, for example, arturian legend, and other folk tales. Its a fantasy after all.

Jan 3, 2013
His name was intended to be a referrance to mythology. He is a kind of lich-death knight, obsessed with pwoer and gold. I see nothing bad in adding names of mythical creatures and heroes, from, for example, arturian legend, and other folk tales. Its a fantasy after all.
Still, I believe the original names of fictional creatures, even as such shouldn't be used ( many reasons ), not to mention there may be 2 of this or more. In that case they will still have to have different names anyway.

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
Correct me if I'm wrong though, but this is the name of a particular character, not just a generic monster correct? If so I think a name change is a must, after all we wouldn't have Sauron or Sir Lancelot making it into the game, even if almost identical creatures were included. It would seem out of place.

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
It is indeed a name, but the catch is that there are lots of tales involving character with this name. You can't have different tales with Lancelot of Sauron - they are, let's say, "set in stone". He is more like generic greedy undead king. Even D&D has demon with this name. Besides, we already had dungeon keepers with names like Dante and such in DK1 and DK2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom