• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Neutral Creature] Water Elemental

What are your thoughts on this idea?

• Great

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • eh...its ok

• not good

• this sucks

• needs work

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2012
Name: Water Elemental

Stats:

Health: average
Attack: below average
Armor: low
Accuracy: high
Agility: pretty good
Speed: (Attack - fast / Movement Speed - fast/increased in water)
Luck: average
Recovery Rate: high
Intelligence: high
Construction: n/a
Training Rate: average
Training Cost: moderate
Wage: high

Skills:

Level 1: Ice Slash - the water elemental transforms her arm into an ice blade and slashes her enemies. This inflicts below average damage

Level 4: Healing Mist - the water elemental targets the most wounded ally in the group and sprays him/her with a healing mist; this mist restores about 25% of his/her health. moderate cool down

Level 6: Protective Barrier - the elemental creates a magical barrier with a large radius around herself, reducing damage taken by 35% of all friendly units within it. This ability is channeled and will end immediately if the water Elemental is hit. This ability lasts for about 25 seconds and has a long cool down.

Level 7: Ice Armor - the water elemental targets up to 4 friendly units and casts a suit of solid Ice armor on him/her; increasing his/her armor rating by quite a bit, however since it is ice, it is rather cold, so it may decrease the units speed a little. She will not cast this armor on units with a high armor rating. the armor lasts for 20 seconds and has long cool down

Level 9: Healing Rain - the water elemental turns herself into a stationary rainstorm targeted over a group of friendly units. This rain regenerates the health of all friendly units caught within. This rain storm lasts for 15 seconds and the ability has a long cool down.

Level 10: Boiling Water Pillars - the water elemental picks up to 3 enemy targets and traps them in pillars of boiling water for a few seconds. This ability inflicts heavy damage and has a long cool down.

Information: The water elemental is a magical entity completely made of water. Like the air elemental she is a supportive creature and can get killed easily if forced to go melee. The water elementals support spells are focused on healing and buffing your creatures.

Behavior in Dungeon: The water elemental is patient and relatively calm. If she were to go for too long without a lair or a paycheck (she doesn't eat) her mood will change slower then most other creatures.

-The water elemental will research and train when told to; however she doesn't usually do them at will. She likes to wade in pools of water when idle, and she may also take a liking to other water based creatures and prefers to be around them more than any of your other minions.

-The water elemental is not a vast explorer, however she may explore some lakes that haven't been fully revealed, but note that this isn't something she will do often.

-The water elemental may spray wounded units in the lair with her healing mist in order to speed their recovery. She will do this more often to other water creatures and will ignore fire based ones; even other elementals.

Battle Style: healer/buffer/has some supporting abilities

Jobs: training/researching

Obtainable By: Like all elementals, she is neutral and cannot be obtained through the portal. You can find her
wandering around in pools of water.

Hates: fire base creatures, she might attack them if around them for too long. She will not like the fire
elemental but will refrain from open hostility, since he is an elemental as well.

-The water Elemental doesn't really like Air Elementals due to their random and unpredictable mood. She doesn't dislike them to the point of open hostility, but she doesn't like being around them and will prefer to research in a library without them.

Loves: water/water based creatures

Anger reaction: floods your lair and hatchery; causing all of your creatures to have to rebuild their layers and
all of your chickens in the hatchery to drown, cutting off your food supply///drowns children

Lair: a pillar of water

Appearance: The water elemental takes on the appearance of a female made up of water

Example pics for inspiration:
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs5/i/2004/313/3/4/Water_Elemental_by_Nei_Nei.jpg
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/303/4/e/the_water_elemental_undine_by_xzeromus-d4ejhcf.jpg

How Introduced: mid-late game

Attracted by: neutral

Notes:

-The water elemental dies when her health hits 0, she cannot be imprisoned.

-not all water elementals will be friendly neutral, some will be hostile.

-you may find some water elementals working for the heroes and maybe even other keepers

-takes less damage from fire attacks

I will post the fire and Earth elementals as well, once I decide on their abilities and roles.

My other elemental posts:

Air:
http://subterraneangames.com/threads/neutral-creature-air-elemental.298/

fire
http://subterraneangames.com/threads/neutral-creature-fire-elemental.351/

Jan 22, 2012
First impressions :
Few potentialy good skills for a weak creature (don't know how balanced numbers would be but can be deal easily)
Maybe hate could be something like air <- earth <- water <- fire <- air ? I mean elemental hates other elemental of stronger nature (why would i hate spmething that i can easily defeat :/ )
For neutral seems nice but don't know how balanced it would be in mass scale battles :/
Lair maybe a fountain ?
I just feel elementals should not research :/
Change name of lvl 10 to geyser or something easier to remember XD ?

Need to sleep then type something more if brain'll be fixed ^^

Feb 9, 2012
First impressions :
Maybe hate could be something like air <- earth <- water <- fire <- air ? I mean elemental hates other elemental of stronger nature (why would i hate something that i can easily defeat :/ )
Elementals are not just ganna hate other elementals because they are stronger, their dislikes are going to make sense and fit their character. For example, water and fire don't like each other because they are opposites, water also doesn't like air because of the air elementals unpredictable mood.

I just feel elementals should not research :/
I think research is fitting for their magical nature, but that's just my take on it

Jan 19, 2012
Would add some more health at least.. It's water.. tried hurting water? it's hard.. Maybe add that it takes critical hits by fire creatures but add some health. Stats was the wrong word really. meant more like hates/dislikes and everything.. Understand the hate for fire.. but air? i'm not really into elementals so don't know any back story but never knew there was problems between water and air..

Feb 9, 2012
i'm not really into elementals so don't know any back story but never knew there was problems between water and air..
They dislike eachother due to personality differences. The water elemental is mostly calm wheras the air elemental is all over the place; she can be calm but at the same time she can be quite moody.

Feb 9, 2012
Would add some more health at least..
I have boosted its health to average

It's water.. tried hurting water? it's hard..
I don't know what your talking about. I punched a puddle in my driveway and it cried like a bitch.

Maybe add that it takes critical hits by fire creatures
I think it would make more sense for her to take less damage from fire attacks since water is known to extinguish fire.

Feb 9, 2012
Remember that strong heat hurts water as well? tried boiling water? it goes byebye? and awesome comment regarding hurting water!
Well maybe a very high powered heat or fire attack made by a strong high level creature could do more damage to her. But most fire attacks will have little to no effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom