• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[NEUTRAL] FAERIE - no tinkerbells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
[NEUTRAL][CREATURE] FAERIE – not your average tinkerbell

Overview
Highlight – Furious Neutral Creature, with mystical powers and territorial danger.
Type– Beast [Neutral]
Role – Melee support
Acquired by– Change of allegiance (see traits) and the possession of other faeries.
Basic attack– Melee, slash, low
Offensive power – Low (but very fast)
Defensive power – High (VERY hard to hit
Health points – Very low
Resistances – Strong vs magic, weak vs fire
Movement – High
Work – None
Entertainment– None.
Special Needs – Other Faeries and care when handling.
Upgrades – None
Abilities
(T1) Faerie Fort: The faeries are a very territorial race! They will defend their homes with the fury of a demon! (stats somewhat increased when near lair)
(T2) Honour Bound: The faeries are also a very honourable race. If a lone enemy defeats one of their kin, they may have enough respect for that enemy that they may align with their army and fight by their sides... HOWEVER, usually if they see a fallen comrade they gain become blood thirsty terrors and will tear those who struck the blow to part. (On death of other faeries, chance of conversion to others OR they boost stats and endlessly attack the being who killed it.)

(A1) Vanish: They have very mysterious magic these little elflings do, they can vanish in a blink if they need to escape an attacker. (THEY DO NOT MOVE, they just briefly disappear, only to reappear moments later in same place- i.e. purely defensive)
(A2) Faerie Fire/Faerie Dust: They throw this in the eyes of their enemies, causing the illusion of being attacked by multiple faeries, making the victim swing wildly about with a melee attack i.e. creature becomes a hazard to those around it! (acts as sort of distraction/stun/confusion spell)
(A3) Furious Screech (other better name): The faerie unleashes an extremely high pitch screech, which is unbearable to hear to any sentient beings. ALL affected creatures are stunned, for a duration ([technically this would sort of channelled, as the faerie would be screaming its head off... however, it shouldn’t be able to last forever!!!])
Background
The faerie is a mischievous being who is hard to tame and even harder to nail DOWN! Very loyal to their own kind and will help any others they come across... (may refuse to fight enemy faeries). Hate any form of trickery on anyone else’s part but theirs, so don’t try and deceive them, it’s just not worth it in the end!They will tend to hide in general, ideally with other faeries. May be convinced to research if forced to, but may get bored and become angry with task.
Although they are small they are not useless in a fight! They are vicious and if you’re not skilled enough, you’ll struggle even to hit them. Also if you fight them on their home turf, they truly are fearsome foes.
Tend to hang around and ambush any that threaten their land; may also torment prisoners or those being tortured.

Appearance:small bug-like appearance with green flashes of light/energy

Loves:being with other faeries and causing mischief.

Hates:being over worked, the mistreatment of other faeries.

Anger reaction: When angry, will use abilities (screech, faerie fire) against allies and if in a large group, will group together round their lair and become HIGHLY hostile

Lair:small ring of toadstools (fairy ring)

How Introduced: come across a fairy fort (group of lairs) woops, big mistake underlord!

Entrance Effect:found.

Torture: you cant imprison, these so would only be picked up ally tortures... anyway if tortured: trapped in antimagic field and rattled about, They’re gonna get Very angry!
faire.jpg

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
FOR THOSE WHO ARE WONDERING... this is a re-think of fairy type unit.
*** also the screech ability is designed to halt all activity briefly, in effect buying time.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
we have an Edit button you know? XD

and what? what else should it be? XD
not entirely sure, just fairys seem to fit the dungeon environment and trying to come up with something other than the way represented in DK...

also tyring to add some unique variation to the types of characters that could be in wfto.

Always keen for people to add any suggestions if people like the idea, but think it need tweaking

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
im not sure but stats seem awfully high (but i dont know if the low hp might be a stronger setback) otherwise if they die to fast it would suck because they are melee fighters.

there are only skills up to level six. And Screech is an AOE effect which would be EXTREMELY strong .

The other trait seems strange o_O

But i like the picture you have chosen ^^ at least its not a half naked litte girl XD *happy*

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
yer the faerie fire, is supposed to get enemies to *accidently* strike their own allies, without causing them to change allegiance. Sort of random hazard effect.

perhaps i could edit, to move SCreech to lvl 9 or 10?

also, the low health should be balanced with the low chance of being hit. idea being, that if you manage to hit one, they die pretty easy (they're only small) ... that's of course IF you can hit one!

appreciate the queries though. much more thought would need to be taken to make this suggestion viable :D

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmmm yeah ... no its basically the same, why dont you copy your post into the pixie thread? then we have two different suggestions for the "same" creature

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
How so? Care to give your reasons?

I won't accept a 'Because they're mostly the same creature' when they both have different names, skills and uses.
sure, its about the list nothing more ;)

the list should help to find specific things. so if i want it to be efficient i cant just add everything. (as stated in the topic)

one of the things i want to avoid is making more then one topic about the same thing.
lets just look at it this way: "person x. wants to search for a fairy/pixie like creature. if he enters fairy, he will find the original fairy suggestion, if he searches for pixie he will find this suggestion."

how should it be to be efficient? "If person x searches for fairy/Pixie, he should find both things and can decide which he likes more etc. "

since this is a just a normal forum its kinda hard to cross reference it for someone without editing rights. so what i said is this:
Copy this suggestion and add it to the pixie Topic so that both can be seen.

i cant just add anything that has a different name like: lizardman, Drakeman , Humanoid lizard. etc. this would just be confusing.

im not saying that your suggestion is bad or anything its just not helpful to add it to the list.

Last edited:

Evi

Witch Doctor
WFTO Backer
Nov 14, 2011
sure, its about the list nothing more ;)
the list should help to find specific things. so if i want it to be efficient i cant just add everything. (as stated in the topic)
one of the things i want to avoid is making more then one topic about the same thing.
lets just look at it this way: "person x. wants to search for a fairy/pixie like creature. if he enters fairy, he will find the original fairy suggestion, if he searches for pixie he will find this suggestion."
Gotta poke fun at you for a moment here, this suggestion is called Faerie not Pixie, and I don't think there is a suggestion exactly called Fairy. I could be wrong, but the only Fey suggestions are Faerie and Pixie. Anywho...

how should it be to be efficient? "If person x searches for fairy/Pixie, he should find both things and can decide which he likes more etc. "
since this is a just a normal forum its kinda hard to cross reference it for someone without editing rights. so what i said is this:
Copy this suggestion and add it to the pixie Topic so that both can be seen.
i cant just add anything that has a different name like: lizardman, Drakeman , Humanoid lizard. etc. this would just be confusing.
im not saying that your suggestion is bad or anything its just not helpful to add it to the list.
Eh, alright, makes sense to me, sorry if I sounded aggressive earlier. If it'll help both suggestions get a look, it's fine by me.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
This suggestion was mine from ages ago. And it's already on the list under fairy. One of the first replies in this thread is in regarding having it put on the list as fairy so people could find it quicker. I'm ok the whole thing moving over, but it does seem a bit obsolete now. After so many months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom