• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Neutral] The Nomad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I had this idea that their could be Humans known as Nomads roaming around certain Dungeons on Certain Levels.
I'd imagine their being Male and Female Nomads in raggedy clothing some would carry weapons, some would have bits of armour found off defeated heroes and maybe some some would be fully armoured with weapons.
I'd imagine throughout the game that at the start they arn't much of a threat, and their sound bite would be them grumbling about how bad their lives are, but as the game progresses they start to build their own Dungeons and some even contain Dungeon Hearts.
Because they're Neutral and are Nomads they'd be fighting Heroes and the Underlords which challenege them.
These could be heroes who are exiled from the Empire, or just normal adventurers wanting a taste for adventure or on the search for rare artifacts and they don't want either faction to take control of it, they only want the power for themselves.
This could be a challenging obstacle in the game but I'd think it would give the game a bit more depth and challenge.

Like Up North is you the Underlord
Down South Is the Hero Fortress
East of you could be Another underlord
West of you could be the Nomad settlments/dungeon/fortress

What do you all think?

Deagle275

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Nice . So the nomads would be like treasure hunters/mercenaries ?
And my ideas are:
They could be alliable , since they are neutral .You could hire them ;) like mercenarys , or hire them and they get half the loot.

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Yeah that could work like being best buddies at a price though (A very high price), but some would just be plain hard to convert to your side and are total turds deal with, so you have to fight them to the end.
If you run out of gold and you can't pay them, they get mad and then start to attack your minions out of the blue.

Good idea Deagle :)

Deagle275

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Thank You :)
Maybe they are also hired by the other underlord?
Maybe you pay them by each second, so you cold pay half while you're training them?
Or you hire them, drop them, they kill all nearby enemys, explore a bit to find some more of them, take some of your gold, and get out, exactly like mercenarys?
Oh, and perpharps when they get crazy because you can't pay, they become unhirable too ?
And perpharps you could hire them witha spell , like you did with imps?

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I was thinking that they'd be like an entity of their own and not so easily convinced to turn to the "Dark Side" I'd imagine some Heroes possibily accepting them back into the Empire although it would cost them a fortune to keep them.
Torturing them, depending on their morale may convert the weakest of Nomads, but the stronger ones possibly take like up to 15-30 minutes to convert or they just die.

Also the Nomads could have Noble leaders amoung them a bit like Lords of the Land but with a different title like the Overseer, yeah that sounds good.
"Beware the Overseer Approaches!" and he says somthing like "Get off my world Underlord you have no rights to be among the people of this realm!"

Deagle275

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Nice :D . Perpharps you could use , a , let's say a siren to get them working for you :D
Edit: Overseer is a really nice name and reminds me of Fallout :)

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
Yeah Overseer sounds epic for them, never played Fallout though I have number 3 on PS3 but never bothered with it.
A siren sounds good reminding them who is their boss possibly a WW2 siren, but with a spooky tone added to it.
I hope the creators are looking at this thread.

ohmai

Blood Imp
WFTO Founder
Dec 23, 2012
I really like the idea of having neutral wandering creatures/units/spirits that can be alliance to either side depending on who gets to them first. Wandering humanoids in rags sounds like a great idea, since they can be bribed with wealth/gold.
Perhaps since imps/dwarven miners are digging through, it could be something/spirit like that's trapped by the dirt and grime. So they would look extremely broken down, kinda creepy. But can serve as allies since you rescued them from their misery.

I'm not sure if that's a contribution that might be similar and helpful with this suggestion!

Badwolf699

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2011
I really like the idea of having neutral wandering creatures/units/spirits that can be alliance to either side depending on who gets to them first. Wandering humanoids in rags sounds like a great idea, since they can be bribed with wealth/gold.
Perhaps since imps/dwarven miners are digging through, it could be something/spirit like that's trapped by the dirt and grime. So they would look extremely broken down, kinda creepy. But can serve as allies since you rescued them from their misery.

I'm not sure if that's a contribution that might be similar and helpful with this suggestion!
Every idea is a good idea.

Eric_shadowblade

Warden
WFTO Founder
Dec 23, 2012
earth
Yeah Overseer sounds epic for them, never played Fallout though I have number 3 on PS3 but never bothered with it.
A siren sounds good reminding them who is their boss possibly a WW2 siren, but with a spooky tone added to it.
I hope the creators are looking at this thread.
i believe that he was refering to the siren a creature of greek mythology who lured sailors to thier doom apon jagged rocks with thier entrancing songs

Saint

Blood Imp
Dec 28, 2012
I good idea. Some neutral npc would be interesting both in SP and MP. Esp. when they build a tiny dungeon for themselves.

Jackpot Winner

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2012
Yes! I want neutral NPCs!

Do you remember Wildmen from Populous: The Beginning? They were non-hostile, non-aligned units scattered around each map at the start, on whom you could cast the Convert spell to turn them into normal Braves for your own use. This allows you a way to increase the population of your settlement when birth rates are low. As the usefulness of Wildmen is limited to the start of each map they die soon afterwards.

Something similar could happen in WFTO; the 'Nomads' could just wander around the caverns, and if you happen to run into them while expanding your dungeon early on in the level, you can through some means turn them to your cause to bolster your forces. Dungeon Keeper's done this before with neutral creatures, of course, that the first player to run into can have, but they were usually special strong creatures used as bonuses on specific places on the map, whereas these guys could be relatively weak and naturally generated all over the place, and take a bit of investment to win over. It turns into a strategic decision - do I concentrate on building a bitchin' dungeon to attract creatures naturally, or do I explore over a wide area in order to get as many Nomads as possible quickly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom