• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New decade, new experiences!

Electrolight

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Jan 6, 2013
I am really looking forward to a WFTO 2 with larger, possibly 3D maps and a more advanced physics system and more intricate environments.

I know the devs haven't announced their next project or the WFTO successor yet, but I am hoping for some exciting news coming soon.

What do you guys or the devs hope/wish to see from Brightrock Games in the 2020's

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
What do you guys or the devs hope/wish to see from Brightrock Games in the 2020's
Several successful game launches and to become a 2 project studio? ;)

Always interested in hearing what people would like to see in a sequel. I do expect we'll be sharing some genuine news on Project: Aftercare this year. 2019 has been an incredibly productive and exciting year for us with a lot of new developments and an opportunity for us to really refine our skills and processes as devs.

Sadly I can't really talk about any of it yet, though I'm super keen to start sharing details! Aftercare is a different beast to WFTO and we're not likely to bring it to Kickstarter so the reason for it being so quiet is largely it's undergoing a much more, behind closed doors, the development until it's ready.

Although Aftercare is not a WFTO sequel there's a lot of fundamental framework going into it that would help make a sequel much more technically stable than what we saw with WFTO, allowing us to develop in a much more sustainable and modern way that would pay dividends towards a WFTO type game.

I also want to see bigger maps
For example, this would be much more possible in the current framework. It's much more efficient than how we were building games before. In fact one of the things we're working on right now is Pathfinding which is actually one of the scalability issues with WFTO, already we're at a stage where it should be much more efficient.

Anyway I spend a lot of time thinking about WFTO while I work on "P:AC". I'm fairly new to design but I'm learning quick and there's a lot of things I'd like to explore in WFTO's setting :) Really interested to hear what the community ideas are. I hope more people share!

Also just wanted to say thanks to our fans who are still following us and especially those who still check these forums! :)

Top Bottom