• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

(No) Humble DRM free Key (so far)

Apr 3, 2015
Same question here. Kind of pissed off, really, considering I just bought it to play with a friend and now it turns out I can't play.

And no, downloading Steam is not a solution.

Apr 3, 2015
Same here.
As it happens I do have steam on one machine, but the machine is too old to play it, so I need a DRM free download to use on our other machine.

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2015
Also waiting for a download. PayPal says the transaction is complete. I can apparently get a Steam key, but I don't and won't use Steam.

Strangely, I don't see the transaction in my bank statement. Not sure what the deal is, but I'm irritated. An official answer would be nice.

HJS

Warden
Apr 3, 2015
We now have the evening 4.Where remains an answer to the developers? I would like to finally be able to play. I'm just pissed. Take money always goes but goods for disposal not ask.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Hey guys. Quick statement from another thread:
Regarding the DRM-Free version - It'll be coming soon, we're just waiting for patching to calm down before pushing it out (we don't want to push out a buggy build that's difficult to patch).
Unfortunately stripping out Steam creates more issues (campaign progress doesn't work, for example). We need to work on fixing the base game before we can get a working DRM-Free build.

We are really sorry about the delay and are doing our best to keep everyone happy. We'll be putting out a statement regarding the various issues within the next few days.

Apr 4, 2015
Hi,
My english might be a little bit unreadable because I am not a native english speaker.
Anyway. I just bought the game on Humble, expecting it is DMR-Free. Unfortunately, I have read this forum too late.
My question is: How can I get the DMR-Free version of the game once it is available? Even the amount paid for the game is not very high, I really have no intention to pay twice.
Or should I try to get a refund? Please advise.
Regards
GoT

Hi,
My english might be a little bit unreadable because I am not a native english speaker.
Anyway. I just bought the game on Humble, expecting it is DMR-Free. Unfortunately, I have read this forum too late.
My question is: How can I get the DMR-Free version of the game once it is available? Even the amount paid for the game is not very high, I really have no intention to pay twice.
Regards
GoT
Make sure that you sign up/login to humble bundle. You can then tie your purchases in under your account with the links in the humblebundle email you originally got. From their humble bundle will store your links and download links in your "Humble Library" where you can download them from there. Once the DRM free version is made the link will be in your humble bundle library.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Hi,
Regards
GoT
You'll get it for free when it's available. It'll be added to the same Humble page that has your Steam key.

Apr 4, 2015
Thank you both for the quick answers! :) So I will wait until the DRM-Free version is available on Humble. I guess there will be also an announcement here in the forum?

So, I will resume sitting here nervously, waiting to play the game I have been waiting for ages.

Apr 6, 2015
Thank you both for the quick answers! :) So I will wait until the DRM-Free version is available on Humble. I guess there will be also an announcement here in the forum?

So, I will resume sitting here nervously, waiting to play the game I have been waiting for ages.
To be fair, we have all waited 16 years only for EA to shit on our collective faces. What is potentially another few months compared to that? ;)

HJS

Warden
Apr 3, 2015
Status of DRM-free Version:
"Many of our backers have been asking on the status of the DRM-Free version and have been concerned that we haven’t mentioned it. We’ve certainly not forgotten about it though at this moment our code team is prioritising the critical issues that are facing players.

We will be working on the DRM-Free version once all the major issues are fully patched up. We will need some additional time to test the DRM-Free version as we will be removing many steam reliant features, though hopefully this should not impact the game too dramatically."

What features fly out of the game because the game "last hope not too dramatic influence"? That does not read well. Hope you can still play in the full comprehensive the game. In general, it seems so as if they steam customers are more valuable.

Apr 6, 2015
Status of DRM-free Version:
"Many of our backers have been asking on the status of the DRM-Free version and have been concerned that we haven’t mentioned it. We’ve certainly not forgotten about it though at this moment our code team is prioritising the critical issues that are facing players.

We will be working on the DRM-Free version once all the major issues are fully patched up. We will need some additional time to test the DRM-Free version as we will be removing many steam reliant features, though hopefully this should not impact the game too dramatically."

What features fly out of the game because the game "last hope not too dramatic influence"? That does not read well. Hope you can still play in the full comprehensive the game. In general, it seems so as if they steam customers are more valuable.
I think they are talking about heavily Steam reliant features such as auto-patching and matchmaking, etc. I strongly doubt removing the overlay would impact the campaign in any manner. There's also the matter of coding out the steam DRM system. (assuming that's been coded in)

Top Bottom