• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Nutter's Concept Art Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
Yes.. it crashed during the save. Thank you smartass. It decided for some reason it would rather freeze/lock up than open the WFTO folder to save into.
There is only one song for this:

Seriously, it sucks that happened, but I know the feeling... :(

Last edited:

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
you know what? i will Add it under misc so the thread wont be fogotten
I can do one better ;) *Steals Riva's Thunder*

Yes.. it crashed during the save. Thank you smartass. It decided for some reason it would rather freeze/lock up than open the WFTO folder to save into.
Sorry to hear that Nutter :(

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Ok, i've just about re-created the work I lost the other day. The main bit of the wall is supposed to be gingerbread but right now it looks more like toffee or peanut brittle to me so I might change it to that if I don't get it looking more gingerbread looking.

Candyland theme_01.png

The top of the walls is obviously Chocolate and Sprinkles with a Smarties sweet to identify a players colour. Still a work in progress but i'm glad to be back to where I was before the crash.

MarcelN

Bloodling
Jun 13, 2013
Sweet... Don't mind if I post stuff as well :) Have been working on my take on the pixie as well :p I'll post the sketch here, when I'm done and satisfied with it :D

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I'm super paranoid about stuff like this, so for projects I keep a folder handy and inside that folder have multiple saves for the same project.
Usually my naming convention is 'Project Name - 0.00' and add +0.01 for every save.

This of course bloats the filesize of said project so I usually delete saves that aren't needed after a while.
Usually I keep saves 0.01 til 0.05 (to proof I actually made it) and then skip every 10 saves and keep the 5 most recent saves.
Oh and for very refined projects I add alphabetic characters to the version number, if I save a project multiple times a day.

In any case, you cool if I rarely 'hijack' your thread to post my take on your suggestions? You draw some neat stuff.
Does Photoshop crash that often? I use Paint.net and it never crashed on me after working with it for 1 and a half year.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Does Photoshop crash that often? I use Paint.net and it never crashed on me after working with it for 1 and a half year.
It doesn't happen all that often for me (and when it does it's usually my fault for overloading an already old and tired laptop) but when it does, it tends to be a big issue. I'm so used to my stuff auto saving - Flash CS6 autosaves for me every 15 minutes that having to manually save stuff (especially when im in the zone and focused on the painting) often slips my mind.

To give everyone a quick update, since last week I was uploading a new piece of art almost every day whereas this week it has been less quick. Basically i'm trying to balance doing a little bit of work on my flash game project and a bit more on artwork for this thread whenever I have free time. I've certainly not forgotten about this thread and will definitely still be producing stuff for it, but obviously I can't just drop my flash project entirely either.

I'm currently aiming to get either one new character coded/implemented into my game (a fairly easy task), or a bit more of the awards/achievements system coded (a much longer task but one that can be tackled in bite size chunks) per day/free time period then "reward" myself with doing a bit more on the artwork for this thread.

Hopefully I should be able to show off a bit more progress on the Candyland Dungeon Theme later today :)

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Heres my progress for today...

Candyland theme_02.png

Got the walls looking a bit more like gingerbread and done a design for the claimed floor tiles. I've also thought up this amusing mentor one liner for such a theme.

"Hungry creatures are eating your walls... you may want to build a tavern." as I was waiting for the picture to export :)

Cultist Joris

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Dec 30, 2012
Belgium
Gaint cake? Chocolate fountain? Avatar's big oven in chocolate? (that actually makes no sense)

Maybe something not brown, because everything is brown now... :p
Also maybe add some decoration to the walls and floor in white frosting?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom