• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Nutter's Concept Art Thread

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Hey Nutter get off your ass and show us some cool arty stuff?

Ok mysterious voice I totally made up as an excuse to post something here!

Cthulu Imp4.png
Stumpy isn't looking quite so healthy right now is he? :p

Cthulu Imp.png Cthulu Imp2.png Cthulu Imp3.png
Work in progress images.

It's still missing a Pickaxe design, so not totally done. But WFTO totally needs more lovecraftian tentacley goodness.

Last edited:

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com

Currently working on a cool pickaxe for my little cthulu inspired worker, i'm running with the idea that it's actually more of a basic/primitive weapon/ritual tool that they are finding a secondary use for as a pickaxe.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2015
you have an interesting idea there nutter...
what if...
you could download models, and swap them out for others in the game, and still be able to play with others online?

maybe you like a tentacle worker, so you download the tentacle worker and use him instead.
maybe you like a classic black knight over the (insert name of creature here) and when selected, it replaces him.
could be you like a classic goblin over the oh I forgot the name of the ugly guys already.. but wouldn't that be cool?
maybe you want to use the mechanical workers instead?
click to download, and select him in the list of used characrters.. poof, done.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
you have an interesting idea there nutter...
what if...
you could download models, and swap them out for others in the game, and still be able to play with others online?

maybe you like a tentacle worker, so you download the tentacle worker and use him instead.
maybe you like a classic black knight over the (insert name of creature here) and when selected, it replaces him.
could be you like a classic goblin over the oh I forgot the name of the ugly guys already.. but wouldn't that be cool?
maybe you want to use the mechanical workers instead?
click to download, and select him in the list of used characrters.. poof, done.
Yes, and we'd probably call it dungeoneer :p and it's probably nearly cripple the game until it never got made :p
But in all seriousness, if I manage design a full dungeon theme out of this cthulu/lovecraftian idea, I know who to pester about trying to get it in game :)

mastersam911

Firebreather
Aug 18, 2013

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Noo that is only for high enough Kickstarter Tier people
UNLESS: You design a theme that gets voted by the entire community to be in the game....Let the challenge begin
Not really, that was during kickstarter, and people paid to get "their" underlord in the game, this is an entirely different prospect, a skin for MP (and skirmish, etc), as opposed to a character in a campaign.

Psycix

Dryad
Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Speaking of that, I dont understand why the campaign skins are not available in multiplayer.
I hope this is still coming. (and also the ability to mix and match various parts of themes)
This is simply getting the most use out of the available assets.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Speaking of that, I dont understand why the campaign skins are not available in multiplayer.
I hope this is still coming. (and also the ability to mix and match various parts of themes)
This is simply getting the most use out of the available assets.
Campaign skins are coming at some point, i'm sure of it.. The dev team have just had bigger things to deal with (mainly bugs).

As mentioned in yesterdays WFTO Wed, Arcane Fortress will be coming in the 1.1 update.
Mixing and matching, I haven't heard anything about that for a while so i'm not sure.

Top Bottom