• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Help! "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

Ater

Dwarven Worker
Mar 8, 2018
10
0
25
22
#1
Hello!
So this error message popped up after the Mighty Script Menu UI bugged out (every time I opened it, the menu instantly faded out, as if the pause menu overlapped with it. Thus it constantly kept fading out instead of appearing). I restarted the game, and got this critical error. Not sure what caused it, but I'm worried that the map wont be accessible anymore. Are map editor files accessible in the WTFO folder? Because I can't seem to find them, to upload it here for inspection.

upload_2018-4-30_16-32-25.png


I've attached my error log folders that I had, interestingly there weren't any 30th of April dated logs, only a 3 days old one, and another from 2017. I'm not sure if these describe my issue at hand. At the end of my output log, there're traces of the problem, that might help finding the cause.

Error logs.rar
output_log.txt
 

Attachments

Ater

Dwarven Worker
Mar 8, 2018
10
0
25
22
#2
So I started up this map from the "Finished" menu, most things were in place, so i continued working on it. After testing it for bugs, a whole lot appeared, that didn't exist originally before this mysterious critical error. Most of the errors are assigned tile and spawned unit related, as seen on the following images. After re-spawning and re-creating the problematic entities, the error persists. I'm dumbfounded 100%. Please help.

upload_2018-4-30_17-21-55.png


upload_2018-4-30_17-22-26.png
 

Ater

Dwarven Worker
Mar 8, 2018
10
0
25
22
#4
And so (somehow) i fixed the issue by validating files and restarting the game, and one by one fixing the bugs. In case this would happen to others, i'll keep this thread up, if needed.
 

Ater

Dwarven Worker
Mar 8, 2018
10
0
25
22
#5
From the looks of your last screenshot, it seems like the SetRevealer action has become "unlinked" to the tile it's supposed to be linked to, same with the MoveCamera action.
Well, the main problem was, whenever I tried to re-create these scripts, the bug just didn't go away, and kept forgetting the IDs. No idea why, but resetting helped with that
 
Top Bottom