• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Obligatory Desktop Screenshot Thread (Image Heavy!)

amcoops

Priestess
WFTO Founder
Dec 9, 2011
North Devon, England
I tend to use my desktop as a dumping ground for files I'm using or working on. Downloads are saved to my desktop and files are extracted to my desktop. So at the moment it looks much like...the top of my desk, funnily enough. :D Every so often it gets a bit ridiculous so I throw everything in a folder called "Desktop", it's a shame I can't do that with the stuff on my desk.

Dec 19, 2011
Auckland/New Zealand
Im using a PIP Switch.
Meaning I can look at both my computers on the same screen, haha I know geeky much, but this is what my screen looks like. I can switch between them with a single command and operate them both at the same time, only small problem is I have 2 mice and keyboards on my desk. Its not really worth my time to get a set up that lets me switch one keyboard and mouse to each computer.
For those of you wondering the picture on my Windows computer is of Victoria Frances a favourite artist of mine who draws and paints expressive gothic like art, this piece is called Butterfly Wings, also known as the Angel of Death :p

Lol im not a super serious Ubuntu user as you can probably see, its certainly has its uses and perks though, the same computer is also running Windows XP which I occasionally use to run older software and games which my Windows 7 computer can not run correctly.

Fun fact: Windows was originally designed to have the Task Bar (Bar with Start Menu on it) on the top of the screen and the icons on the right.
Apple Mac complained and said it was to much like their operating system (iOS) and so instead of law suits Microsoft laughed and released it on the bottom.
If you put the Task Bar on the top of the screen it is more easily accessible and logical to use, the reasons for this I will not get to far into on this post. Fact is, its easier to use at the top, try it for a week or 2 and you will see what I mean after you get over the habit of moving the mouse to the bottom of the screen. :p

Dec 14, 2012
Between 'Post Reply' and 'More Options' there's a 'Upload a File' button, you can do it that way if you don't want to host the picture outside of this forum.

Top Bottom