• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Organised "Hatchery" Thread

Wich animal you want ?

• Bunny

Votes: 21 25.6%
  • Wild Boar Micro-Piglet

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Sheep

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Slot 1

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Slot 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slot 3

• Slot 4

• Slot 5

Votes: 4 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Hello .
Vote Slot 1 if you want Grubs, Worms and Insects :)
Vote Slot 5 if you want Puppies (probably) and Kittens.
Vote slot 2 if you just want Kittens
This is the Organised Hatchery Thread . Here we discuss what will be the animal that is raised and eaten in
the "hatchery" .
Continuation of :https://subterraneangames.com/threads/bunnies-vs-piglets.1443/ and https://subterraneangames.com/threads/bunnies.1415/
In the poll there will be available slots for you to tell me what animal you suggest , for example :
"Hey , Deagle275 , Slot 1 is Cows. Here is a list of resons why people should vote for cows ... "
Then i will edit this main post and tell here that if you vote for slot 1 you are voting for "Cow" for example .
PLEASE don't fight .
You need 3 reasons at least .
Bunny :
1-They're cute :3
2-Some people feel bad eating bunnies . So it would be kind of evil.
3-They have a fast reproduction .
4-They're tasty :3
5. Easier to catch than a chicken.
6- No feathers to take off.
7-They don't fly
8-Evil red eyes O_O
9-Their fur can make a good rug for the tavern and the archive . Cuz rugs don't come from nowhere.
10. getting to watch your beast minions hunt the rabbits before vicisously devouring them
11. minions ripping the bunnies heads of and using them as hats ^-^
13 if you use dark ritual you can transform the bunny
to the bunny from monty python XD (possible)

Wild Boar Micro-Piglets
They're delicious
-They're nutritious
-They're cutesy
-They're a reference to one of the silly messages in DK2
-Boar pelt rugs are pretty damn metal
-They oink cutely and squeal deliciously when being devoured by beastly minions

Sheep still needs reasons .

But!
(You still should give me better reasons Inlaa)
They have fur that can make a good rug .
It's tasty
Healthy

Grubs , Worms and Insects
1 - they are numerous
2 - they are at home underground in dank dark places
3 - they are gross and heroes wouldn't eat them
4 - they are very nutritious

Puppies and/or Kittens
1) Cute
2) Eating cute fluffy puppies and kittens is EVIL. And as such it must be done
3) The list that applies to bunnies also applies here.
4) Tanning racks of puppy/kitten skins would make excellent room objects and give the area an even darker feel.

Just Kittens
1) It is evil to the kitten lovers
2) They make a rather pleasant crunchy sound
3) Dead puppies, arn't much fun!

Think twice before voting .Someone can post something you prefer.Don't get mad at me .

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not sure if it's even possible to edit polls in here.

Also, come on. What's wrong with Bunnies vs. Piglets?
I'm not going to edit poll names, i'm gonna edit the main post and write there :
Slot x is Animal Y
oh and Bunnies vs. piglets is not organised , and there's too much fighting :/
And here you can vote for sheep

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
How about grubs, worms and insects?
Reasons
1 - they are numerous
2 - they are at home underground in dank dark places
3 - they are gross and heroes wouldn't eat them
4 - they are very nutritious

Jun 19, 2012
Puppies and or Kittens.

Reasons
1) Cute
4) Tanning racks of puppy/kitten skins would make excellent room objects and give the area an even darker feel.

Dec 30, 2012
I vote ... Kittens!
3 Reasons ....

Regards

Butcher Bob

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Puppies and or Kittens.

Reasons
1) Cute
Added . But removed the or .Slot 5

I vote ... Kittens!
3 Reasons ....

Regards

Butcher Bob
Added .Slot 2

Jan 7, 2012
The avantage of piglet is that you can feed them everything, meat, nuts, heroes, other piglets...
also their squeels would be very atmospheric. I would be irritated if I would scroll over my screen over the hatchery to hear suddenly kittens or lambs, which are disturbing the dungeon sounds of the other rooms.

Dec 16, 2012
Since we know that there will be various themes available for your dungeon, why not have it depend on that.
For instance the Zombie/Necropolis-Kickstarter theme could do well with bugs and grubs and such. On the other hand, with the Frostbite theme it would make more sense to have something like seals.

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Since we know that there will be various themes available for your dungeon, why not have it depend on that.
For instance the Zombie/Necropolis-Kickstarter theme could do well with bugs and grubs and such. On the other hand, with the Frostbite theme it would make more sense to have something like seals.
We still need to discuss the default.Seals . I don't think you can make a hatchery of seals in real life .

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
The avantage of piglet is that you can feed them everything, meat, nuts, heroes, other piglets...
also their squeels would be very atmospheric. I would be irritated if I would scroll over my screen over the hatchery to hear suddenly kittens or lambs, which are disturbing the dungeon sounds of the other rooms.
I don't think i would like to listen squeels . Do people think that just because i ask you not to fight you can't make that type of advertising?

Dec 16, 2012
Seals . I don't think you can make a hatchery of seals in real life .
Not realy the point I was trying to make. And technically speaking, neither can you for bunnies nor pigs. Since in a Hatchery thing come out of eggs.
I still stand by my point that it would be great if it changed along with the theme of the dungeon.
As for the default.......I'll go for pigs

Deagle275

Templar
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Not realy the point I was trying to make. And technically speaking, neither can you for bunnies nor pigs. Since in a Hatchery thing come out of eggs.
I still stand by my point that it would be great if it changed along with the theme of the dungeon.
As for the default.......I'll go for pigs
Agreed . Except the pig part .

Dec 30, 2012
Niagara Falls
I think pigs are the best idea, reminds me of Warcraft's orcs' farms, but I can't imagine creatures eating those pigs in one instant like they did with chickens in hatchery. Kittens, puppies and sheep are just lame in a dungeon. May be WftO should implement some other feeding system? Something simple, but elegant, may be a little more complicated than DK system. For instance, there could be three rooms to feed servants: pigpen (serves to grow pigs), slaughterhouse(serves to convert pigs into food, may also attract some new creatures from portals) and dining room(serves to feed inhabitants). To balance everything, one pig may give much more food than one chicken. Maybe add some others way to make food too, like growing mushrooms, or even sending dead creatures to slaughterhouse for additional meet (maybe even heroes, though a bit nasty even for DK, not sure about WftO). In smaller dungeon dining hall could be absent with creatures getting their meat straight from slaughterhouse. If tavern would be included in game it could also take option of a dining hall in addition to entertainment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom