• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch 1.1.5 Now available

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Gonna play this right now! :D
Very happy with the bombard range, I always felt they were so restricted.
Also the ongoing tweaks to multiplayer lobbies are incredibly welcome, and the overall bugfixes sound like proper polish too.

Slightly worried about this:
Firefracker now applies a 2 second stun

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
•Support added for Hero factions as extra AI Players in Multiplayer & Skirmish.

Is it is what I think it is?
To clarify, this means that factions such as the empire forces on seastead will now behave correctly and use their doors, etc. And on other maps we design we could put a proper AI empire dungeon which would work properly, so not totally what you thought i'm afraid.

Jan 3, 2013
To clarify, this means that factions such as the empire forces on seastead will now behave correctly and use their doors, etc. And on other maps we design we could put a proper AI empire dungeon which would work properly, so not totally what you thought i'm afraid.
It's still a huge step forward. No more Empire will be full of dummies who are suicidal and can't do anything else but die to your army one by one.

Sapphire

Firebreather
WFTO Founder
Jan 4, 2013
Missouri, USA
So that means there are MP maps with heroes on them, yes? So that means co-op against them, yes? :D :D :D :D

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
So that means there are MP maps with heroes on them, yes? So that means co-op against them, yes? :D :D :D :D
Well Seastead is already an example of a map where in theory you could team up with another player to destroy the empire. But yes, this does most certainly pave the way for us to design maps where you have a couple of weak/small underlords versus a massive empire presence and you'd need to team up. In fact.... @Marados to the editor!

Sapphire

Firebreather
WFTO Founder
Jan 4, 2013
Missouri, USA
Well Seastead is already an example of a map where in theory you could team up with another player to destroy the empire. But yes, this does most certainly pave the way for us to design maps where you have a couple of weak/small underlords versus a massive empire presence and you'd need to team up. In fact.... @Marados to the editor!
Mmm. Besieging a fortress. I love it!

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Mmm. Besieging a fortress. I love it!
A fortress you say? :D Maybe a Sanctuary where a massive empire force think themselves safe from harm..

Gee I wonder what that would look like... hmmm...

EDIT - Don't get excited, this isn't a spoiler.. I just designed this in the gap between my previous post and this one...

Last edited:

Sapphire

Firebreather
WFTO Founder
Jan 4, 2013
Missouri, USA
EDIT - Don't get excited, this isn't a spoiler.. I just designed this in the gap between my previous post and this one...
Lol. Something to that effect would be cool though. I'd also be curious to see how well a map like that would fare if it required you to invade to gain access to additional gold/portals/other bonuses. I also think that the beast den should be disabled on such a map.

Jan 3, 2013
You should note that there should be waves coming out constantly and periodically. Also it would be great if heroes would be unconvertible - else it will be too easy.

Nutter

Frost Weaver
WFTO Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Lol. Something to that effect would be cool though. I'd also be curious to see how well a map like that would fare if it required you to invade to gain access to additional gold/portals/other bonuses. I also think that the beast den should be disabled on such a map.
Well my thought process for this map was, limited space, limited gold and multiple options/breaching points, to A: force players to work together, and B: actually invade the fortress carefully, as they will be significantly outnumbered on their own.

Sort of along the lines of, if you don't expand carefully into their base, in a coordinated fashion, the entire army will pour out towards a single underlord and crush them easily, leaving you without a badly needed ally.

You should note that there should be waves coming out constantly and periodically. Also it would be great if heroes would be unconvertible - else it will be too easy.
A few empire patrols leaving via the main gates from each side every now and again would help to spice up the map certainly, but that's a lot more work than just converting the map from this editor and adding some rooms, so certainly no promises on that front.

And this is what it looks like now if anyone is interested...

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Interesting ideas! I hope it works out in practice.

I think you could look into opening up the dungeon cores to the water so that it's harder so simply lock yourself in and spam avarice for 30 minutes.

Jan 3, 2013
Interesting ideas! I hope it works out in practice.

I think you could look into opening up the dungeon cores to the water so that it's harder so simply lock yourself in and spam avarice for 30 minutes.
Just disable replacement wall and augre wall. Any breach heroes will make will matter.

Psycix

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Another way would be to have the core directly next to water, or with sacred earth tiles in between.

Jan 3, 2013
Another way would be to have the core directly next to water, or with sacred earth tiles in between.
No, the position it has right now is fine. Let players have false feeling of safety behind the walls which can be easily destroyed by diggers at any wave.

Top Bottom