1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch 1.5.1 Available Now & DRM-Free Update

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Noontide, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

2. gregored13

gregored13 Ghoul

with this latest patch, at least on a user map I played, bombards with ramparts do not seem to fire.

3. hawkeeycat

hawkeeycat Dwarven Worker

I cannot unlock the Barracks in Crucible mode after this patch. Bug filed in userecho

Attached Files:

4. Noontide

Both issues are now fixed :)

Masau71 likes this.
  5. Masau71

Masau71 Blood Imp

love ur guys work
    btw, is there any possibility that u make the raskos theme and other themes available for people like me that didn't knew about the kickstarter? I've bought all the DLC to try and support u guys and to try to have everything unlocked because i love this game, and then i saw the raskos theme and i really want it now :D

thx :p

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Biervampir [AUT]

Biervampir [AUT] Bafu

Unlockable without buying:
    Rhaskos Theme if you complete all Levels in the Main Campaign.
    Korvek Theme can be unlocked by defeating all Master AIs
    Mira Theme when you get all bonus achievements int the Campaign
    Bazing Worker get all speedrun achievements
    DLC HoG:
    Phaestus Theme, unlock all hidden achievements
    Kasita Silver Theme, unlock all bonus achievements

Heard rumors about a charity event, where you can buy the Kickstarter and Founder Theme.

7. Masau71

Masau71 Blood Imp

thx

8. Electrolight

Electrolight Priestess Backer

I am so happy to hear that War For The Overworld will (hopefully) finally be coming to GOG. If you purchase the game now on Steam, do you still get the DRM free version as well?

9. Noontide

Unfortunately as the GOG version is going to be an "Ultimate" edition and the GOG Connect feature can't determine what DLC a person owns we can't award copies on GOG if you have a steam copy.

However we will look into options to see if we can offer some kind of discount. We're not sure to what extent we can do that though.

10. Electrolight

If the GOG version is an "Ultimate" version with everything included than how does matter what DLC you have on Steam? Is there no way to give backers or legit Steam owners a key for the GOG version?

I am not arguing with you, just curious.

In the end, I would be fine with a small discount and don't really mind buying the game again. It is an awesome game and you guys did an awesome job and if it helps you guys stay in business and help to fund future games including a sequel to War For The Overworld down the line then I am ok with that especially since I thought there would never be a GOG version.

11. Noontide

Because GOG Connect is only able to detect if someone owns a copy of a game on steam and not details on it's edition or DLC. This means that if GOG Connect was used to grant GOG copies for steam users a steam user who does not have all the content of the Ultimate Edition could get the ultimate edition without paying for it.

The Ultimate Edition would essentially be the Underlord Edition of the game with all DLC included.

So to clarify on the discount, if it is something we could do it would likely be a discount for the exact cost of the base game of WFTO, thus if people have WFTO on Steam and want a GOG copy the discount would make sure they only pay for the extra content that would be in the Ultimate Edition. (Basically all the DLC & Underlord Content)

12. Electrolight

Ok, I get it now. Thanks.

So if GOG were to improve GOG Connect so it could detect what edition or DLC a user has (assuming it is not a limit placed by Steam), would that change things for you guys?

Fine by me.

Now that I know you guys are planning to make more content for the game and a GOG version, I am going to make it my duty to come back every now and then to pester you guys and make sure it gets done. Look forward to that. ;)

Nutter likes this.
  13. Noontide

My understanding is that this isn't related to GOG Connect but rather Steam's API so the onus is on valve to improve, but there's likely no need for them to do so. :)

But yes if the system was improved that would make things simpler.