1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Patch 1.5.2 Available Now & Future of WFTO

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Noontide, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

2. gregored13

gregored13 Bloodling

I started playing Crucible again, and found two issues. Artifacts are showing up on the Crucible area, and cannot be claimed, and I paused the game around wave 35 to get a drink, and when I hit continue, the game crashed.

3. Böhser Onkel [AUT]

Böhser Onkel [AUT] Templar

Please go to UserEcho ( https://brightrockgames.userecho.com/forums/5-war-for-the-overworld-internal/ ) and create a ticket for it. Upload your Output_log (after the crash) there as well.
    https://brightrockgames.userecho.com/topics/118-how-to-submit-a-bug-ticket/

4. Lordoflinks

Lordoflinks Spirit

What does this mean for the GoG release, because the prior news post implied it would release around the middle of the year along with the expansion; now that the expansion has been pushed back to 2018 does this mean those of us who prefer not to use steam will have to wait over a year for a gog release?
    Thanks for announcing new content by the way, its just disappointing to be told there could be a gog release with the expansion around the middle of the year, and then to be told it will be 6 months later.
    I am against steam both from a moral perspective, due to their drm and anti-competitive measures (Steam Workshop, steamworks etc.) but also, and more importantly, because they still do not support my local currency of the AUD while gog, a far smaller online store, does. I do want to support you, but I also want to reward a store that carries my currency. Mind you if I could buy a steam key directly from you with no money going to steam I would do that. Just so you know why this is saddening to me.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
  5. Nutter

Nutter Vanguard Founder

Have you considered getting it via the Humble Store? You get both a Steam Key and a DRM Free copy (which I should warn you, lacks numerous steam related features such as the Workshop) and I don't think any money actually goes to Steam from it either.

6. Lordoflinks

Lordoflinks Spirit

@Nutter
    Thanks, that seems like a good way to cut steam out of the deal; however before I go that route I wish to see what the plans are for GoG now that the expansions has been pushed back to 2018.

7. Nutter

Nutter Vanguard Founder

Whilst I can't speak officially (as i'm just a volunteer QA guy), i'm pretty sure the plan is to release a WFTO: Complete Edition (with all the DLC Expansions, including the recently announced one) included as the version on GoG, which obviously means it won't be released until after that second expansion is ready.

EDIT - And it's just the DLC expansion that's been "pushed back" to 2018, there is a new game mode expansion being added in 1.6 which is the next update and is expected in the next few months.