• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch 1.5 changes

Aug 17, 2016
First of all, I would like to thank the team for the update. I made my first attempt at the Crucible, and failed miserably!

with the addition of mutators, I am now able to work on some maps with some more control over how I will want them to work.

I do have a couple suggestions for the map editor. It would be quite useful to have the option to load or import a different map without having to completely exit the editor.

Secondly, and I have no idea if this is doable or not, I think it would be useful to have a selection tool, with the ability to cut and paste to move a completed section to a different area of the map, instead of having to redraw the area from scratch. Alternately, if an area could be selected, and nudged-slid around, that would be useful as well. If the ability to copy and paste were able to be implemented, it would also be useful when pasting to be able to change the faction at the same time. If implemented, it would also be useful to save completed sections so they could be later used in other maps

Finally, I do appreciate the ability to add Crucible units to a map, but am wondering why a Crucible itself, and the Goldstones are not available in the editor, so that additional Crucible maps can be made.

Lastly, how does the Mutator option of Infinite Gold work? Does it affect the amount of gold from a Gold Shrine? Or does it affect gold tiles? Before I add this mutator to a map, I would like to know what it will actually do with the game.

Thank you again for all your hard work

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
1. Having multiple maps open at the same time sadly would be difficult (and CPU-intensive) as the editor mode essentially can be described as a regular skirmish map with disable AI and a different user interface to manipulate terrain and the like.

2. Copy and Paste would be nice, have to agree.

3. Crucible elements are not available because the creation of crucible maps requires advanced triggers and scripting which currently are not supported by the map editor and can only be added by the developers.

4. The Infinite Gold mutator should simply give the player(s) infinite gold, as in the Hollow Sandbox

Aug 17, 2016
Thanks for the reply. I didn't mean to have multiple maps open at the same time, but simply being able to load a different map without having to completely exit the editor and restart it.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2015
I'm also for a Copy and Paste option. Would be very handy :D
Also want to tell you, that there's a brush, where you can change the owner of the tiles and rooms

Nutter

Frost Weaver
Founder
Jan 19, 2013
Huddersfield, UK
nutter666.tumblr.com
Finally, I do appreciate the ability to add Crucible units to a map, but am wondering why a Crucible itself, and the Goldstones are not available in the editor, so that additional Crucible maps can be made.
As Fireeye correctly says, there is far more to a crucible map than just the goldstones and the crucible gateways. There is a large amount of scripting that needs to be added to a map, and each gateway needs to be correctly configured (using the full development editor rather than the in-game map editor) in order to produce a working Crucible map, not to mention they have to be linked to a steam leaderboard in order to display highscores. Whilst it would be nice to allow the community to make crucible maps, it simply isn't possible with the current tools available in the map editor.

Top Bottom