• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.1.5 “Bits and Bobs”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Bedrock Beta v0.1.5 “Bits and Bobs”

Known issue: Some users are only seeing some of the menu (and not being able to interact with it or load a map) when starting up the game. Please see this thread for more information and potential solutions.

Other known issues can be found here

Please report any bugs you find here

New Unit: Chunder
Chortling Chunders will now enter your domain to feast upon your meats and let loose their vile stench in defense of your dungeon.
  • The Chunder is semi-tanky melee unit with the ability to release a variety of noxious gasses
  • The Chunder works in the Foundry

Misc Changes & Features
  • Wounded units will return to their beds to rest and regain their health (once they are out of combat)
  • Units will clump up less & multiple melee units with the same attack target will attempt to surround their enemy
  • Defence parts are now being produced in the Foundry! They aren’t very useful yet, though…
  • Units have been rebalanced (Juggernauts are no longer OP)
  • The Gargoyle and Augre have been temporarily removed from the unit spawn pool

Visual Updates
  • The Undersun (a lightsource that floated above the map) has been removed. This is one of the final steps of our entirely revamped lighting system — let us know what you think!
  • The Beast Den has had VFX added
  • Various units now have VFX attached to their abilities.
  • Juggernauts and Imps now have textures on their weapons
  • Prophecy & Possession now have VFX

Bug Fixes
  • Multiple instances of prophecy no longer crash the game
  • You should now be able to switch levels without crashing the game
  • Units should no longer act like Sonic the Hedgehog™ after combat
  • Beasts are no longer chugging Red Bull and will require rest
  • Workers will now complete a task before assigning themselves a new one
  • Undiscovered tiles bordering water tiles under fog of war no longer have holes
  • Reinforced tile tops now correctly display the correct owner colour
  • More memory leaks have been plugged
  • Various stability issues have been resolved
  • Polish has been applied to a variety of assets and code

Last edited:

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
The game is now in that stage where the core of the game is pretty good, and now it's just minor bug fixes, visual updates, and asset insertion for a while now in quick succession, followed by what I assume will be a period of slower, but technically bigger updates, like new rooms and mechanics being added, save functionality, actual levels instead of sandbox style maps etc. all this is still to come!

THE CHUNDER! Well done guys, you're doing a great job.
As always, I am looking forward to your video on this patch!

May 9, 2013
www.youtube.com
The game is now in that stage where the core of the game is pretty good, and now it's just minor bug fixes, visual updates, and asset insertion for a while now in quick succession, followed by what I assume will be a period of slower, but technically bigger updates, like new rooms and mechanics being added, save functionality, actual levels instead of sandbox style maps etc. all this is still to come!
Well that's great news and hopefully we will see the return of those that walked away from the games earlier build.

As always, I am looking forward to your video on this patch!
Thank you, much appreciated :)

James Hale

Templar
WFTO Backer
Jan 12, 2013
Purgatory
steamcommunity.com
The game is now in that stage where the core of the game is pretty good, and now it's just minor bug fixes, visual updates, and asset insertion...
No offence, but I pray that isn't the case. There is a hell of a lot of serious engine and interface revamping to do before this game is anywhere near being on par the quality of either of the DK games (taking into account the relative ages and expectations of all three products).

Progress is being made, though. Don't get me wrong.

Jackpot Winner

Firebreather
WFTO Backer
Nov 29, 2012
No offence, but I pray that isn't the case. There is a hell of a lot of serious engine and interface revamping to do before this game is anywhere near being on par the quality of either of the DK games (taking into account the relative ages and expectations of all three products).
I have to agree. But we're still in relatively early days. Plenty of work to be done before WFTO is ready for primetime.

RMJ

Priestess
Jan 3, 2013
Denmark
Shit just got real.

Now its actually starting to feel like a game. grabbing units, sound for pick axe. sounds for spells. Dark dungeon. amazing lighting.

Now the sounds, the sounds could use some work hehe, more atmospheric sounds when you place rooms and claim the tiles and walls sounds and such, they feel very sterile and out of place, but i know its early.

Last couple of patches now has really brought some progress. its pretty sweet :D

I like the new imps being green with their red clothes. the ambient sound you just hear sounds very creepy as well.

Personally i really really like how dark the game is now, it actually feels like being underground now.

Now if only i could TRAPS! :D oh i cant wait.

what im really looking forward to is unit tab and training room.

Last edited:

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex

Progress is being made, though. Don't get me wrong.
by "core of the game" I meant the very basics of the core, the foundations if you want, the "Bedrock" even, on which everything else is built, of course there are still tweaks that need to be made and the current interface is a placeholder anyway. The actual game itself is still a long way off.

May 9, 2013
www.youtube.com
by "core of the game" I meant the very basics of the core, the foundations if you want, the "Bedrock" even, on which everything else is built, of course there are still tweaks that need to be made and the current interface is a placeholder anyway. The actual game itself is still a long way off.
Will we be seeing a rename of the game on steam soon then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom