• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.4.1 "Performance Enhancing Bugs"

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.4.1 "Performance Enhancing Bugs"
OS X
Unfortunately we are still having issues with our OS X build and as such we are not updating the OS X version of the game at this time. We're awaiting a fix from Unity and will update you whenever we have news. Please see this post for more information.
Linux
There is not yet a working Linux build of v0.4.1, we hope to resolve this soon and will update you as soon as we have news.
Known Issues
Please don't report these
  • Some users are experiencing a short freeze when they first tag a tile or cast a spell (info)
  • Some units have become addicted to a new pill known as Pink Sty, created by a mysterious Crackpot known only as Peisenberg (info)
  • Casting Magical Meat on Blood Money statues will bring them back to life (info)
  • Resizing the window in windowed mode doesn't work
Work-In-Progress Features
The following features are not yet complete and may be a bit rough around the edges!
  • New UI - Unit Grouping has been temporarily removed whilst we work on finishing it up
  • Stumpy’s Challenge level
  • The UI used to access Potions and Rituals
  • VFX/user feedback for Potions and Rituals
  • Subtitles
  • Beastmaster visuals (currently a recoloured Chunder)
  • Arena visuals (currently a recoloured Prison)
  • Arena/Beastmaster mechanics
  • Spirit Chamber/Witch Doctor visuals & mechanics
  • Gargoyle visuals
  • Ember Demon/Ember Rift visuals & mechanics
  • Tavern visuals & mechanics
If you encounter any bugs or issues please post up a thread in our bug report forums. If this is your first time using the bug report forum, please familiarise yourself with the bug report guidelines.

UI Changes
  • Tooltips have been added to the GUI
  • Gold and mana numbers are now more visible
  • Tooltips in the VoE have also been added
  • Names removed from all of the buttons
  • Hand, rituals, and spirit chamber now have their own blocking colour in the mana bar
  • Using click-to-move on the minimap will now center the clicked point instead of putting it at the bottom of the screen
  • When dragging to dig, build, or sell the amount of tiles (eg: 4x5) is displayed next to the cursor
Mana Changes
  • Player now starts with 500 mana
  • 25 mana is gained for every Aspect that is unlocked (for the first 40 Aspects, up to a max of 1.5k)
  • First 500 mana cannot be locked
    • Mana locked by picking up units is exempt
    • This prevents Summon Worker being super powerful at the beginning of a game and also prevents scenarios where players were unable to cast their spells or pick up units
  • Can now adjust max mana with a console command: MaxMana [mana] [optional: team=0]
Summon Defence Part updated
  • Now called 'Construction'
  • Can only be used on defences
  • Repairs completed defences
  • Same effect as before on blueprints
  • Only usable in AoI
Blood Money Changes
  • Blood Money statues created inside the prison will now automatically teleport outside the prison
  • Blood Money statues can now be picked up and dropped
  • Casting lightning on a Blood Money statue will tag it as decorative
    • Decorative Blood Money statues will not be automatically mined by your workers
    • Decorative Blood Money statues do not sparkle
    • Cast lightning again to revert this effect
Gargoyle Changes
  • Instead of locking mana, Gargoyles now drain 25 mana per second whilst firing
    • this mana cost does not trigger the no-regen cooldown
  • You can now lick a Gargoyle multiple times to queue up several rotations
  • Now costs 5000 gold instead of 2500 gold
Bone Chiller Changes
  • Bone chiller now has a 'Frost Nova' ability that can be activated by clicking
    • Immobilizes all enemy units within range for 3 seconds
    • Disables the Bone Chiller for 20 seconds
    • Visuals have not yet been added, please use your frigid imaginations instead!
Garrison Changes
  • No longer provides a buff aura when inactive
  • Active buff aura radius increased (VFX are still reflecting the old values)
  • Reinforced blocks protected by a Garrison will now only be unclaimed when hit by an Underminer instead of completely destroyed
  • Active time is now 3 minutes instead of 2.5 minutes
Spirit Chamber Changes
  • Units dropped on Spirit Chamber props are no longer KO'd
  • Units dropped on Spirit Chamber props now have their needs frozen until they are removed from the prop
  • Units dropped on Spirit Chamber props will leave the prop if they see an enemy
Control Changes
  • Holding the middle mouse button and shift will now pan the camera
  • Mouse over slow now slows all units to a flat speed instead of a percentage of their max speed
  • Mouse over slow can be toggled on and off with 'H' (there will be a toggle in the options when we have an options screen)
  • '3' now hides the UI again
  • '4' will now hide the cursor (and light / selection box)
  • Users with multiple monitors or users in windowed mode can now pan the camera by moving to the edge of the screen
Other Changes
  • Defences now regenerate health if they haven't taken damage for 10 seconds
  • Ballista no longer shoots baguettes (RIP)
  • Several new sounds added
  • Units now have individual names (currently only visible in debug mode)
  • KO units now only provide 1 tile of sight, dead units provide no sight, and imprisoned units provide 50% of their normal vision radius
  • Gateways now spawn with 25% HP, meaning they are much faster to claim for the first player to discover them
  • Performance improvements related to culling, the minimap, and the UI
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed several issues on Rhaskos' Domain
  • Fixed several issues with the tutorial
  • Fixed impenetrable walls owned by enemy factions making your workers think they could be 'claimed' and causing them to endlessly stare at the wall
  • Fixed the 'terrain changing when enemies are near' bug - this actually led us to a big performance hog (AI FoW calculations) which have been disabled on all SP maps, difference should be noticeable
  • Fixed 2nd tier in VoE Center requiring 4 unlocks
  • Fixed Ember Rift using an extra 50 mana once built
  • Fixed workers occasionally stopping working when there is no gold storage remaining
  • Fixed Gargoyles inside Ramparts not being rotatable
  • Fixed Gargoyles and Underminers instantly triggering if built with Summon Defence Part (now Construction)
  • Fixed Quick Freeze ice block allowing units to pass through
  • Fixed not having a dungeon core when reloading a map
  • Fixed Pigzilla's head having no texture after death
  • Fixed props playing audio after they had been removed
  • Fixed various issues with the Gargoyle, he should now behave correctly (however, VFX is still too small)
  • Fixed canceled potions not being removed
  • Minor fixes to Rhaskos' Domain
  • Fixed ranged units only attacking in melee ranged
  • Fixed ranged units being unable to attack eachother in melee range
  • Fixed Ember Demons not being destroyed if their Ember Rift is sold
  • Fixed several issues with the prebuilt dungeon on Mudbox
  • Fixed some subtitles failing to disappear after the audio had finished
  • Fixed no dialogue if a level was played after the Tutorial
  • Fixed strange tile highlight behaviour on tiles adjacent to tiles being claimed
  • Fixed workers leaving corpses under certain circumstances
  • Fixed Prison being racist and not spawning brown rats
  • Fixed extra micropiglets appearing when pigs were dropped on units
  • Fixed units occasionally pathing into walls
  • Fixed Quick Freeze causing props to occasionally teleport
  • Fixed Thawed Permafrost reverting to Permafrost when Chill was used
  • Fixed Crystallized Brimstone being indestructible
  • Fixed player being able to slap units in enemy prisons
  • Fixed spells not being usable if you had the exact amount of mana required
  • Fixed torturing taking an inordinate amount of time

Last edited:

Xadrow

Priestess
Oct 26, 2012
Belgium
this might be just me making a remark that might have already been addressed or changed without my knowledge, but I recall the torture chamber being functional in the past and it hasn't been now for a while... I'm just saying this because i don't see anything about it under the WIP section.

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
this might be just me making a remark that might have already been addressed or changed without my knowledge, but I recall the torture chamber being functional in the past and it hasn't been now for a while... I'm just saying this because i don't see anything about it under the WIP section.
Ah yeah, forgot to put this in known issues. Will hopefully be resolved soon.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
Last time I played WFTO (on some v0.4.1 Preview), Torture Chamber was fully functional. I have successfully (and pretty quickly) converted at least three heroes.
Whether rooms do or do not work mechanically may be somewhat dependent on the map you're playing.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
I checked it only on My Little Dungeon, and in 0.4.0 it wasn't working, but in 0.4.1 (Preview 'n') it did. May be it's not stable bug...
To clarify. Torturing does work, it just takes a long tim ande, requires a succubus who often wonders off to get food.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Gargoyle Changes
  • You can now lick a Gargoyle multiple times to queue up several rotations
One of your minions has filed as sexual assault charge, Underlord!

Jokes aside, I'm happy to see that the synergy between the Summon Minion Spell and the Manapool has been nerfed.

Top Bottom