• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.6.1 "inb4 2015"

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Patch Notes: Bedrock Beta v0.6.1 "inb4 2015"
v0.6.0 "About Damn Time" & Hotfixes
Be sure to familiarise yourself with the v0.6.0 patch notes and the recent hotfixes.
Known Issues
Please don't report these!
  • Windowed mode has multiple issues:
    • Window remains on top of all other windows at all times
    • The mouse lock can sometimes lock your cursor to other windows
    • Because of these, we'd recommend sticking to full screen for now
  • Some objects are rendering without transparency (most notably: unit shields)
  • The game will briefly freeze the first time you take an action each level
  • We're currently overhauling much of the lighting in the game, as such expect many game elements to be too bright or too dark as this is still very much a work in progress
  • Arena execution toggle prop is currently positioned incorrectly within the room
  • Units occasionally try to move into the Dungeon core as part of their wandering
  • It is possible to scroll the main menu with the mouse wheel even when the menu is smaller than the chosen resolution
  • Slapping Frost Weavers heals them
  • Ember Demons do not have a unit shield
  • You can see parts of certain tall objects when fog of war tiles are tagged over them
  • Tagged fog of war tiles blink when the underlying tile is claimed by an opposing faction
  • Arena execution toggle prop moves when the room is claimed
  • Brimstone heat vfx can reflect the tagging colour from nearby tagged tiles
  • Black fog underneath foundry & sanctuary
  • Inhibitors on levels 2 and 3 continue to spin when destroyed
  • Workers sometimes move back and forth rapidly over defence parts rather than picking them up
  • Camera scrolling via mouse is not working in full screen mode with different aspect ratio than native
  • Defence health shields are not always shown correctly during construction
  • Gargoyle laser goes through closed doors
  • VFX for dungeon core beating is out of sync with the animation and sfx
  • Mouse is locked when in windowed mode on linux
  • Some fog of war lighting issues on Linux
  • Warding totem and Bonechiller VFX not synchronized with their sound effects
  • Workers for clients in multiplayer sometimes move slower for no discernible reason
  • Converted units act as spies, and are invisible to their new owner in multiplayer
  • Augrum Wall is invisible
Work-In-Progress Features
The following features are not yet complete and may be a bit rough around the edges!
  • Campaign Levels 1, 2 & 3 (Specifically: The VO is placeholder, we’ll be recording Richard Ridings for these levels next year)
  • Construct Artwork
  • Beastmaster (currently lacking any animations)
  • Ember Rift (currently a recoloured Bone Chiller)
  • Tavern (missing most animations/VFX for food being cooked and units eating)
  • Possession
  • Blade Lotus Artwork
  • Saving & Loading
  • Skirmish AI
  • Survival Mode (Currently just a prototype)
If you encounter any bugs or issues please post up a thread in our bug report forums (and make sure you specify that you are on the patch testing branch!). If this is your first time using the bug report forum, please familiarise yourself with the bug report guidelines.

Windows x64 Build
  • 64-bit WIndows users will now have a 64-bit version of the game
  • This should dramatically reduce the occurrence of out-of-memory crashes
Skirmish AI
  • AI will now continue building into the late game
  • AI will now use some basic rituals
  • AI will now grab and drop to avoid units using long paths in the dungeon
  • AI is generally much stronger than before (sorry!)
  • Several secret tweaks ;)
Worker AI
  • Made improvements to the precision of worker task assignment when they are dropped from the hand
  • Improved worker distance checking to enhance their decision making with tasks
    • Worker use the logarithm of the distance (instead of square root) to trade off between task priority and distance to reach it
  • Workers will now be less aggressive and will not engage the enemy if there are allied units nearby (so they will continue working whilst other units fight)
Misc Changes
  • New debug command (F2 to open debug console) to create alliances between two factions
    • Alliance [team] [team] [true/false]
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed no cursor on the menu if you quit a level during possession
  • Fixed very slow claiming of defeated Dungeon Cores
  • Fixed Inhibitors being claimable (which caused the Empire units to destroy them)
  • Fixed client not loading in MP
  • Fixed spirit workers spawning gold piles in a loop
  • Fixed that 3x3 rooms don’t attract minions at all without lair
  • Various fixes to campaign levels 1, 2, and 3

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2015
I have a tiny "bug report" to make (not sure if this is the spot to do it in, though... bear with me).

Ever since the last update (the christmas one), workers stopped reinforcing indestructible walls, which of course makes my dungeons look like crap. I mean, come on... Even evil people needs a decent-looking lair! And there's nothing stylish about your treasury's walls being ugly, jagged rock and dirt.

Nov 13, 2013
I have a tiny "bug report" to make (not sure if this is the spot to do it in, though... bear with me).

Ever since the last update (the christmas one), workers stopped reinforcing indestructible walls, which of course makes my dungeons look like crap. I mean, come on... Even evil people needs a decent-looking lair! And there's nothing stylish about your treasury's walls being ugly, jagged rock and dirt.
Hi Captain Seasick, welcome to the forums :)

You are correct, the place to report bugs is the beta bug report forums :). When you do it would be very appreciated if you gave the information specified here in the bug report.

Regarding imps not reinforcing indestructible walls, this is not quite a bug, it is more of a WIP. The devs disabled imps from claiming these walls because it took up time from doing tasks that had a real gameplay effect, like fortifying dirt tiles. They are aware that that this is a visual problem and have a fix planned.

Noontide

Designer / Community Manager
Brightrock Games
Dec 8, 2012
Brighton, UK
Oh, well... imo, that kinda sucks, but then again I'm the vain type of underlord, so having a fine-looking lair is important to me. I hope they "fix" this soon.

And thanks, btw.
It's fairly low priority at the moment but it will be fixed before release in march. :)

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Is the game going to be continuously patched until release of the campaign or is it going to be a really big patch at release for most of the improvements?

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Is the game going to be continuously patched until release of the campaign or is it going to be a really big patch at release for most of the improvements?
Unfortunately not so often as earlier. We said this in https://wftogame.com/wfto-wednesday-94/, that we need to reduce the amount of patches.
It is causing always a lot of overhead when you are in the middle of implementing big features which break parts of the game, to take time to finish a bunch of things and then bring it up to a polished version we can publish.
So it's far more efficient to do patches not too often, but there are yet a few more to come before release, just not every few weeks like earlier.
When we see multiple big features can be finished at nearly the same time we can put a bug fixing sprint into our plan and publish another patch, but unfortunately we can't do concrete promises at this point when such intermediate state is exactly achievable.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
  • Workers for clients in multiplayer sometimes move slower for no discernible reason
Wasn't sure how far this issue has been looked in to, but I think it only occurs on imps which you've summoned and rapidly cast 'obey' on. I've witnessed perfectly normal imps only slow down once I've cast obey on them. Also, I've never seen it happen to any of the starting workers, only ones I've summoned. I nearly always cast obey on new workers as quickly as possible, so it might be something to do with casing obey too quickly on newly created workers.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
We guessed that it could be caused by the mouse hover slowdown to look at your minion.
For latest patch we disabled this in multiplayer and hope the issue is gone, please tell us if it still happens right now.
We need to look into making this feature multiplayer compatible.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
We guessed that it could be caused by the mouse hover slowdown to look at your minion.
For latest patch we disabled this in multiplayer and hope the issue is gone, please tell us if it still happens right now.
We need to look into making this feature multiplayer compatible.

So its planned that creatures will slow down when you hover over them, but its been disabled for now?

Right now, I can confirm that the bug definitely still happens during online games quite frequently. Here is a short example of it happening that I caught while recording only a couple of hours ago. Sorry, its not the best example, but in slow motion it is quite clear that it is use of the obey spell on the imp that causes it.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
So its planned that creatures will slow down when you hover over them, but its been disabled for now?
This is not only planned, its implemented since long, but right now we disabled it in multiplayer mode.

Right now, I can confirm that the bug definitely still happens during online games quite frequently. Here is a short example of it happening that I caught while recording only a couple of hours ago. Sorry, its not the best example, but in slow motion it is quite clear that it is use of the obey spell on the imp that causes it.

Hrm the whole video looks like slowed down, did you use debug mode time tweaker?
But if you can reproduce it then we were wrong with the guess its caused by the hover slowdown.
And we have already an internal ticket for this issue and hope we can fix that soon.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
Yes, sorry, I was in a bit of a rush to get out when I posted that and didn't really explain properly. I slowed it down in video editing to see it frame by frame because at full speed it's hard to see exactly whats going on.

This is the full speed segment of the video I should have posted:

But if you can reproduce it then we were wrong with the guess its caused by the hover slowdown.
I'll do a bit more testing and see if I can narrow the problem down any more, but both my friend and I have indeed been experiencing this bug in MP.

Dec 31, 2013
United Kingdom
www.illage2.co.uk
When I completed the first campaign mission, the game wouldn't do anything when I clicked on "Main Menu", the button would show its being pressed but nothing would happen.

Possession
Not sure if it's supposed to be this way but during a battle I can't seem to use possession, when I do this it just picks the creature up. After the battle it worked.

Jan 3, 2013
Regarding slow imp bug.

Can be replicated by a client ( aka Player 2 ) by keeping imp selected by hand for 2 or more seconds. It seems slow-mo mechanism for imps gets simply broken and Player 2 has no choice but sacrifice slow imp and summon the new one.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Hey Slichizard,
I think we fixed that internally already, the slow mechanics is now disabled in multiplayer (as its trouble some to sync) and we found a fail in some slow conditions using negative values which made units slow forever.

Top Bottom