• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Patch Testing: Bedrock Beta v0.5.0 "Dungeons for Two"

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Preview 14 pushing soon. Notes for 13+14:

New Aspects:
  • Annex (Spell, Wrath): Physical spell, mines out earth tiles and claims dirt tiles.
  • Outpost (Defence, Wrath): Buildable outside of your own territory, once complete it produces a single claimed tile, allowing you to expand and build outside of your main dungeon.
  • Wormhole (Potion, Center): Drop this potion to instantly teleport all units (friend & foe) within the radius to your Dungeon Core.
  • As always, the art on all of these is completely placeholder.
Misc Changes:
  • Spirit Chamber mana lock removed
  • Spirit Chamber gold cost per second increased from 10 to 250
  • Spirit Chamber xp per second increased from 30 to 200
  • Removed the cooldown on Necromancer's Raise Ghoul ability
  • Necromancer can now only summon 2 Ghouls per level (max of 10 Ghouls at level 5)
  • Improved worker behaviour for bringing defence parts to blueprints (they should no longer bring too many parts to blueprints that are far away)
  • Defence Blueprints are now visible through Fog of War
  • Placeholder icons in the VoE are slightly less ugly
  • Barracks & Archive upgrades have been temporarily removed (as they don't do anything yet)
  • Magical Meat has been removed - it might return at a later date
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed the Veins of Evil covering up subtitles (again)
  • Fixed the Veins of Evil occasionally closing if the user rapidly clicked (again)
  • Fixed units getting stuck inside replacement wall in most cases - if you still manage to get one stuck with replacement wall, they will now recall to their lair or their core

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2014
Preview 14 pushing soon. Notes for 13+14:

New Aspects:
  • Annex (Spell, Wrath): Physical spell, mines out earth tiles and claims dirt tiles.
  • Outpost (Defence, Wrath): Buildable outside of your own territory, once complete it produces a single claimed tile, allowing you to expand and build outside of your main dungeon.
  • Wormhole (Potion, Center): Drop this potion to instantly teleport all units (friend & foe) within the radius to your Dungeon Core.
  • As always, the art on all of these is completely placeholder.
Misc Changes:
  • Spirit Chamber mana lock removed
  • Spirit Chamber gold cost per second increased from 10 to 250
  • Spirit Chamber xp per second increased from 30 to 200
  • Removed the cooldown on Necromancer's Raise Ghoul ability
  • Necromancer can now only summon 2 Ghouls per level (max of 10 Ghouls at level 5)
  • Improved worker behaviour for bringing defence parts to blueprints (they should no longer bring too many parts to blueprints that are far away)
  • Defence Blueprints are now visible through Fog of War
  • Placeholder icons in the VoE are slightly less ugly
  • Barracks & Archive upgrades have been temporarily removed (as they don't do anything yet)
  • Magical Meat has been removed - it might return at a later date
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed the Veins of Evil covering up subtitles (again)
  • Fixed the Veins of Evil occasionally closing if the user rapidly clicked (again)
  • Fixed units getting stuck inside replacement wall in most cases - if you still manage to get one stuck with replacement wall, they will now recall to their lair or their core
WHY do you remove Magical Meat? Just curious about the reason behind it... :)

And now the Archive upgrade is removed; after I upgraded the Archive, the floor and wall tiles turned purple. Will you fix this if these upgrade options come back? I think this is a known bug, but I thought may not :)

Nov 13, 2013
I like the Annex and outpost sins, feel very wrathy. wormhole also seems very nice, seems like it will be a lot of fun to use and interesting strategically(if you teleport something too big, you may end of harming your heart so you need to be careful about you victims.)

I like the changes to the spirit chamber a lot since it makes it feel much less like the barracks. I am however concerned the the exp rate might be to fast and powerful if the player has a huge gold stockpile. Perhaps A cooldown could be implemented that causes a podium to be unuseable for x seconds after a unit is taken off of it, or gold per second could be increased since right now is is very good, almost a 1:1(4:5) gold:exp ratio.

I really like the changes to how the necromancer works since it makes leveling him actually feel useful and by extension makes the barracks feel better. Are the combat changes for creatures like gnarling/bafu similer in that they are intended to make leveling creatures feel useful/better? or is that to be revealed later?

I do however have a concern about the necromancer changes. Since there is no cooldown, the "upraising" ritual that releases all ghouls in your crypt is almost useless now. The ritual will probably have to be changed to work in a more useful manner. Perhaps have it put x(3? 4?) ghouls into your crypt for necromancers to summon when they can.

Like mrtnptrs, I am curious why magical meat has been temporarily removed. All the other changes sound good and I think this is a really excellent preview update. :D

Ember Demon
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
I think uprising is still useful, because necromancers ability to summon ghouls has been nerfed, but I assume not their ability to control ghouls raised by uprising /stolen from enemy necromancers. So say you have a level 5 necromancer with 10 ghouls, but you still have corpses in the crypt, you can use uprising to give him loads more than his normal limit.

Nov 13, 2013
I think uprising is still useful, because necromancers ability to summon ghouls has been nerfed, but I assume not their ability to control ghouls raised by uprising /stolen from enemy necromancers. So say you have a level 5 necromancer with 10 ghouls, but you still have corpses in the crypt, you can use uprising to give him loads more than his normal limit.
I'm not sure that's how it will(or should) work. I don't think it makes a lot of sense for the necromancers limit to be passed like that. My guess is that if there are more ghouls around then the necromancer can control, then the extra ghouls would remain "feral" and attack anything in sight.

R0d

Cultist
Jan 19, 2014
Wow, wormhole seems very powerful.... imho probably too powerful. All it would take to wreck an opponent would be to get one good wormhole off so you can split his army in half then crush it at your heart with your whole army + traps.

But I suppose time will tell. Will certainty make head on attacks risky, I just worry that there are a lot of abilities and mechanics that encourage a turtlefest.

Nov 13, 2013
Wow, wormhole seems very powerful.... imho probably too powerful. All it would take to wreck an opponent would be to get one good wormhole off so you can split his army in half then crush it at your heart with your whole army + traps.

But I suppose time will tell. Will certainty make head on attacks risky, I just worry that there are a lot of abilities and mechanics that encourage a turtlefest.
Keep in mind the potion could be balanced by being very late in tech tree, cost, small area, etc. It has a great deal of utility, but it is possible to balance it.

R0d

Cultist
Jan 19, 2014
Yes of course. If the cost and difficulty of getting the potion are balanced well it has potential to a fun mechanic that creates very intense moments in gamplay.

Can see myself trying to use and abuse this as much as possible in long mp games once the big patch comes out :)

The other new wrath abilites are very nice as well!

Nov 13, 2013
Why does Annex exist? Isn't that the entire point of having workers?
Well, you can't use your 500 starting mana on workers but you can use that mana casting this spell. Also, I'm pretty sure the spell instantly digs+claims a tile while your workers take time to do either. Also you could use the spell to push territory towards enemy ground that is so heavily defended that your imps are killed before they can claim. It isn't to flashy, but I think the spell definitely has utility and is a nice way of putting more resources into expanding your territory as fast as possible :).

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Preview 15+16 notes.

Multiplayer Connectivity:
  • We've added a new launcher to the game which will improve multiplayer connectivity
  • We'd very much appreciate it if people can test this for us
  • Please see this thread for more info
  • This feature is Windows only for now
New Aspects:
  • Assembly (Ritual, Sloth): Automatically complete any defence blueprints on your own territory
  • Haste (Potion, Wrath): Greatly increases the movement speed of all units in a small area, the amount decreases over the duration of the effect
Misc Changes:
  • Disabled old potion/ritual UI
  • Defences inside Ramparts are now completely immune to damage
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed Blood Money statues being able to eat
  • Fixed workers sometimes not taking gold back to Vault
  • Fixed Cultists not spawning with only a Sanctuary, Slaughterpen and Lair
  • Fixed clicking Dungeon Core icon on the UI not working

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2014
I like the WFTO logo popping up when you start WFTO (so, before the unity settings screen,) but I saw one tiny visual bug here; the logo doesn't get centered at the screen, it is more shown to the left of my screen. Resolution: 1440x900.

Feb 9, 2014
I like the WFTO logo popping up when you start WFTO (so, before the unity settings screen,) but I saw one tiny visual bug here; the logo doesn't get centered at the screen, it is more shown to the left of my screen. Resolution: 1440x900.
Or do you want me to make a new thread about this minor visual issue?

Jun 7, 2014
Hello. I have been patch testing 0.5.0 single player because I can't host and because I haven't seen any games being hosted. But now I can't even get into the game because of an automatic update from microsoft.net. can you please help me get in the game.

Marados

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Dec 18, 2013
Germany
Hello. I have been patch testing 0.5.0 single player because I can't host and because I haven't seen any games being hosted. But now I can't even get into the game because of an automatic update from microsoft.net. can you please help me get in the game.
Hey.
Please open a thread in "Help&Support" and we will give our best to help you.
I think the Dev's wouldn't like it very much when we discuss that here.

Greetings, Marados

Last edited:
Top Bottom