• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Physical Retail Release & Other Exciting News!

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
This is fantastic/terrifying news! (and a release near to my birthday too, oh Subterranean you shouldn't have :p)

Just to be clear the DRM-Free version is covered under the "Digital Distribution"?
We're not 100% sure if we'll be selling the DRM free version on release, but I'm 95% certain it will be available for backers, if not shortly afterwards.

We do need to do some legwork for it (as there's some reliance on Steam for various components right now), but we should have time for that before release.

Triscopic

Crackpot
WFTO Backer
Dec 11, 2012
United Kingdom (Great Britain)
Congratulations. I imagine it's quite a big thing for you all knowing you'll find physical copies of your work on the shelves of stores in your local high street! You've certainly worked hard enough.

Also that trailer is really nice - some of the dungeon cores look like ones we haven't seen (unless I've just missed some); make's me quite impatient for the campaign!

Nov 13, 2013
When I first saw the announcement I was afraid all kinds of terrible things had happended( selling physical copies of a incomplete game, another company sinking it's class into subterranean) but the FAQ quieted my fears :)

Yay for for new themes! (and localization ;))

The trailer is pretty nice( if a little fast paced and short for my tastes) and does a good job of showing all the new shinies.

I still have a concern though
Release in February? Is the campaign really that close to completion?
I was thinking the game would release later then this; it seems to me that all the polishing on the graphic and balance needs more time then this, much less the campaign.

Nov 13, 2013
Also that trailer is really nice - some of the dungeon cores look like ones we haven't seen (unless I've just missed some); make's me quite impatient for the campaign!
No "new" themes were shown, but complete versions of themes we have previously only seen in incomplete forms were shown. The sovereign, founder, and kickstarter themes were shown in their full glory, in addition to the rhaktos and standard themes.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
I dont think that Febraury is too early. if you look at the steam page you can see that the game is "mostly" feature complete.
We have the Big chunk that is the AI ahead of us and the rest is up to polishing and balancing.

im not a fortune teller though. But we will all do our best to get this done :)

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
I'm going to be harsh and pessimistic and post "In before they don't make the deadline", just so I can post "called it" if they don't.

Now they've got even more incentive to get it done :D

Dec 3, 2013
Argentina
Localization!! Great news!!!! Will it be voices and text or just text?
If voices will be translated too, please, PLEASE, use neutral spanish, and if possible the original ones (But I guess it'll be extremely hard to do so)

Jul 30, 2014
Montreal,Quebec,CA
I'm a little scared about the deadline. Are you sure you will be able to finish it for the release date? I've played the new patch yesterday and, even If I think this has been a huge improvement for the game, I still think it won't be entirely ready, after what I've seen along the development. You still need to create a fully functional FPS mode for the possession spell, you will need a good level designer for the campaign and/or, publish a level editor for the community. All this without thinking about the multiplayer mode and further content to be adding.

Mozared

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Feb 17, 2013
I'm a little scared about the deadline. Are you sure you will be able to finish it for the release date? I've played the new patch yesterday and, even If I think this has been a huge improvement for the game, I still think it won't be entirely ready, after what I've seen along the development. You still need to create a fully functional FPS mode for the possession spell, you will need a good level designer for the campaign and/or, publish a level editor for the community. All this without thinking about the multiplayer mode and further content to be adding.
It got me thinking, too, tbh. I'm trusting enough to assume that the devs will make it if they state they will, but I do feel a bit skeptical. I'm not too worried, just... you're not alone, I guess.

We'll have to see how they tackle the level design, too - there's no one on the team, to my knowledge, with explicit skills in it. Though that doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

RedStar

Priestess
Jan 7, 2012
I am very excited about the release in feb '15!
The game nearly feels complete, besides the campaign, an AI skirmish-mode and the FPS part of the Game (hope that will be next ^^).

Just wanted to say that the trailer on Steam falsely announce the game on feb '14 (within the last seconds of the video).

mishko

Matriarch
WFTO Founder
Feb 27, 2012
Michigan
Not trying to be pessimistic. But with the game still needing to be balanced correctly, lots of polish needed, a whole campaign to make, and lots of ai in the game needing to be added, I'm worried about the February release date. I just hope you guys won't release a partially finished game because of the release date. I don't mind waiting past February if it means a better game.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Not trying to be pessimistic. But with the game still needing to be balanced correctly, lots of polish needed, a whole campaign to make, and lots of ai in the game needing to be added, I'm worried about the February release date. I just hope you guys won't release a partially finished game because of the release date. I don't mind waiting past February if it means a better game.
I agree, but as well a version 1.0 does not mean that we need to stop improving, tweaking and balancing it ;)
(And I wont do for my part if it not feels good enough)

Top Bottom