• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Notice Post crash reports here

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Unfortunately we are not yet able to reproduce this yet. Is this the first time in current build it happened or happens this more often?
If you have any additional information you missed, which could help to reproduce, please add it.

Chas

Warden
WFTO Founder
Jan 21, 2013
I was just able to make it happen again, but it doesn't happen every time I spawn a worker on impasse. It's possible that impasse isn't relevant, and it's actually the bodies. I will try again without impasse later this week and see what happens

Jan 6, 2014
Windows 7 64 bit

Crash in My Little Dungeon, much like the one I've experienced previously (in the sense that it causes glitchy audio feedback and otherwise makes my rig angry).
At the time of the crash I was building defenses, though seriously a ton of things were going on at the time, what with minions running around eating and/or murdering stuff, digging, getting slapped, and otherwise carrying on.

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
I hope we will find more regularities soon. Meanwhile I was gone over all Impasse related code and added some safeguards to catch cases which shouldn't happen.

Jan 6, 2014
Definitely more stable than before, but still another crash. This was after a longer My Little Dungeon game, like my other crash today. This time the crash did occur during an instance of summoning new workers, but that's hardly indicative.

Attachments

Ultravore

Dwarven Worker
Jan 23, 2014
Germany
My game crashed on mudbox while creating an imp too. It was at the very end of the game tho, pretty much all of the map was discovered.
Build: 2014-01-13 13:30:00Z
Error Log can't recognise my memory configuration for some reason.
I'm on 16GB DDR3 Memory
Pagefile.sys is on default
4GB VRAM (Radeon R9 290)

Hope it helps! I love this game. Can't wait for it to be finished :)

Attachments

Jakki

Blood Imp
Jan 30, 2014
Hello! Bought this game on Steam today because of a sudden Dungeon Keeper nostalgia attack. Loving it, keep up the good work!

My game crashed after about 30 minutes of playing (or could be 2 hours, I always lose the track of time) in My Little Dungeon. I had just created a couple of rooms and ordered my Imps to start digging a new room and spam-summoned a bunch of them in the lair - and it crashed.

Build: 2014-01-13 13:30:00Z

Attachments

johnson.kyle

Dwarven Worker
Feb 4, 2014
Parts Unknown
Downloaded this from Steam today... Heard about it by word of mouth, so it's GOTTA be good. Anyways, I started the tutorial and noticed that the camera rotated to different angles without me changing it.. not sure if that was because the tutorial was leading me, or not.
After the hero jumped into my dungeon, my screen went black. The pickax(sp?) icon popped up when I scrolled over certain parts of the screen, and verbal notifications of the knight slaughtering his way through my dungeon kept coming through, but all I saw was blackness. (Photo attached) I tried scrolling around or moving the camera, but nothing changed. Like my camera dove into a deep dark hole and got itself stuck. I quit to the main menu and started a game in Hollow, but my screen is still black.

I'm running Windows 7/64bit on an Alienware M15X
Build 2014-01-13 13:30:00Zulu

Attachments

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
This could be is a complete new issue, your log shows up a bunch of errors on trying to move and rotate the camera, as leading you is wanted in the first tutorial level, while these errors and a black screen is not.
However there is no crash and it is unrelated to this topic.
Did you start another scripted level (one of the frist two: "Lord O'Theland" or "Rhaskos Domain") before this happened?
Then it is a known bug which we fixed internall and we will patch soon. For now you would just need to close the game and restart it after playing one of the two levels.
If this was not the case, then it would help, if you start a new bugreport for this, so that we can keep track of it in a separate thread.
Thank You for reporting.

Feb 4, 2014
Netherlands
platform: Windows 7

Details:
I was playing the sandbox map, my pet dungeon I think it is called. Had pretty much all the rooms up and running (some frameloss, but working fine otherwise). The game crashed when I zoomed in on the prison, shortly after a battle and having summoned imps to carry prisoners off to rot in there. I saw several units clumped together in prison, but don't know which ones as I was zooming in to see them just for that reason.

What? I wanted to see if I could slap them! :D

Attachments

v0id

Programmer
Brightrock Games
Nov 18, 2011
Germany
Seems it's always related to summoning multiple imps and it might be that it is a threading issue. We not yet found the real cause but we have narrowed it down to a small set of components.
I will instantly inform when we have found and fixed the cause. Unfortunatly it is hard to reproduce and happens rarely.

MOONCOWS

Blood Imp
Feb 5, 2014
I had just started the second map, and the narrator began to talk. I alt tabbed to an internet window, then opened the game again and it was running at about 5 fps. Then, the game crashed. Also, before this crash i had tried to run the second map, and upon discovering the fog of war shrine thing, i lost all controls of the camera. wasd, arrows keys, mouse everything. Here are the logs.

Attachments

Feb 6, 2014
Hi guys! Just grabbed the game off steam an hour or two ago and am having some fun in there! I'm unsure to weather this is a current known issue I had a quick breeze through to see if I could see anything but I could just be being blind!

I'm currently playing the game on Windows 7 64 bit. I played through the tutorial and then the first mission twice. Did it twice to make sure it had loaded correctly as the other underlord just sat there and his "core" died in one swing from one of my minions! Anyway back to the matter at hand. Upon trying to Load "Hollow" I encountered a crash from the game. Everything just froze up and I had to ctrl+alt+del it and close down. This then occured a second time soon after.

Zipped the error report to thread. I believe this was the correct thing to do? If not throw me a bone with a handy note of instruction =)

Sorry again if this is already a known issue!

Thanks,
Goldyplod

Attachments

Jobs2k

Skarg
WFTO Backer
Dec 29, 2012
Stevenage, England
www.minecraftforum.net
Three things that you might want to check as they could have a bearing on this issue:
  1. Could you check the Steam properties of WFTO and look in the 'Betas' tab? Make sure that it has correctly defaulted to "NONE - opt out of all betas".
  2. If you haven't already, run the game in your monitor's native resolution. This has caused issues in the past and it might have raised it's head again.
  3. There have been issues when playing sandbox maps after playing a scripted level, which seems to be the progression you took. Try closing the game completely after playing scripted levels, then restarting it for sandbox maps - does the crash still happen?

Top Bottom