• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Potion or Spell] Omen of Perdition

Do You like this weapon of destruction? };)

• Hell yea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, not much... (tell me why please)

• Cool story bro.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Omen of Perdition
Imagine that You're in trouble and You runaway from the horde of hungry no-man's Ghouls. You found a corridor with You can escape. You enter the corridor, but these brainless creatures too... You're still running, but they're closer and closer... but... You have something that would help You... It is a gift Your friend that gave it to You.

He'd said:
- I have only one of them. You must be very careful, because it could kill You in a few seconds. I called it the "Omen of Perdition". Do You know why? I will tell You now. - He takes two chairs and one of them he gave to You.
- Listen to me very carefully... This is... a weapon of last chance. It makes terrible effect on place where it explodes. Firstly, after activating it starts to glowing incredibly strong, than it gathers energy of hell that when reach a critical mass while storing in this ball it explodes dealing a massive damage in a not so short range emanating incredible amounts of fire in that explosion, yelling horribly like You would hear... a bunch of damned souls screaming in hell asking for forgiveness... - Your hair stand up on the back of your neck for a while, but then You noticed You have to focus on what Your friend saying.
- You have to be very careful - he says - it works like a... like a vacuum bomb! It... it vacuums whole oxygen to feed the fire in place where it explodes, every breathing being will suffocate and burn. T-t-terrible death... - He stops for a moment like he seemed to remind something that have happened in similar conditions before. He stops and than says again:
- I'm giving it to You, but be really careful. I hope You wouldn't need it... and... don't even try to remake this. It takes a very long time to make it, what's more You would need to sacriface someone that knows fire powers to create it. Anyway good luck in Your journey pal.

But now... it is a time to bring out the Omen of Perdition from the sack... Hungry beasts are close enough to kill them, but if they would comes closer You know You would be hurt in explosion or suffocate by gases. You throws it immediately on the ground and runaway as fast as You can. Omen immidiately to eulogize over the ground thanks to gases inside, than gathers a massive energy from the underground, glowing brighter and brigther. Ghouls seeing it tries to brake and escpae, but it's too late... .
Omen explodes with a massive amount of fire, scorching Ghouls bodies and sucks whole oxygen from the corridor. Flames outstretched their wings swallowing all monsters. They haven't any chance, this kind of bomb explodes to close to them. You could hear their screeeeamssss, their incredible painnnnn....
After all everything gets quiet, You've escaped from the explosion

Stats
Highlight: This potion or spell deals 3 kind of damages to creatures in range of OoP
Vein: Wrath
Type: Battle Spell/Potion
Effect:
1. After 1 second of floating up, than 2-3 seconds of storing energy Omen deals a gigantic damage to everyone on a tile where it explodes. (optionally explode could destroy wall fortification if is tile next to the tile of explosion).
2. After 1. Omen casts waves of fire in all directions dealing quite big damages and has chance to cause burn to anyone in a range. Flames goes very quickly after explosion and burns everyone in a range of 2-3 tiles, than disappears as fast as they comes.
3. It sucked whole oxygen in a range of 2. after 1. - every creature in the range starts to suffocate - that effect deals a medium damage every next second, until creature won't leave the place in the range of 2. or until oxygen level won't turn to normal state so after 5-6 seconds from 1.
Cost:
- As a Spell it just need a big amount of mana and several sins of Wrath in VoE unlocked.
- As a Potion it needs to sacrifice any fire creature (ember demon etc.) and takes a bunch of time to create it one. For every next potion You will need next fire creature... but it is so powerful, isn't?
Appearance: When deactivated it is a small magma round ball with a strange liquid inside. When activated, it starts to float and shows itself as a bright mark, a bad omen of death, a little sphere which quickly stores heat energy from hell, underground magma lakes etc. and oxygen that mixed together creates a enormously powerful exploding mixture. When energy in this little ball reaches a critical mass, it rarely explodes with a big, terrific hellish yell and waves of flames. It leaves scorched ground and a bit smoke for some seconds.

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I think I will reserve judgement just a little until we get some more information about how potions are going to work. It's just, given we don't know much, I'm not sure how applicable this idea is just at the moment.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
yeah i like it .. still potions are kinda no mans land. i think your idea would work better as a spell... since i get the feeling potions will be more support like things ... but who knows ;)

adding under potions now may change it later (if i remember it :p )

yeah i like it .. still potions are kinda no mans land. i think your idea would work better as a spell... since i get the feeling potions will be more support like things ... but who knows ;)

adding under potions now may change it later (if i remember it :p )
Thanks Lord. I hope potions will be revealed soon. They seems to be something that can be dropped on the ground and do some effect, so it probably will be carrying by creature, but dunno what will decide about dropping potion in right time. Will see, if something will be revealed I will change it into the right form. :)

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks Lord. I hope potions will be revealed soon. They seems to be something that can be dropped on the ground and do some effect, so it probably will be carrying by creature, but dunno what will decide about dropping potion in right time. Will see, if something will be revealed I will change it into the right form. :)
Considering the fact potion usage will most likely be controlled by AI, I wouldn't expect some complex potions usage, more like as it was above - supportive use.

To be honest, giving this to creature is like giving grenade to a monkey - it doesn't end well in 99% of time. Better rework it as a spell or an ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom