• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

problem with certain user maps

Aug 17, 2016
There is a map creator called profithoernchen in the Steam Workshop, who has provided several maps. His three most recent maps have an issue . I noticed on the most recent map that even the game clock is running very slowly. These maps are nearly unplayable due to incredibly slow play. Units move very slowly, underminers take at least twice as long to explode, other constructs take forever to build. Nothing changes when I increase the game speed. I would appreciate any advice I can pass back to the map maker. He mentioned reducing the units on one map, but his earlier maps were similarly heavy on units, but they played normally. I've look at a couple of these most recent maps in the editor, but I haven't seen a setting that might be adjusted.

thanks

Jan 3, 2013
Highly likely there is issue with pathing or units can't satisfy their needs. This is especially noticeable with large amount of Empire Units who can't make lair, reach the tavern or get gold as payment.

Aug 17, 2016
I finally found the problem with these maps--contacting the map creator--he had the game speed set up for the scenario maps was set to 50%

Jan 3, 2013
Game speed can not be set by map editor.

Setting the game speed to half also slows down the entire action. It may reduce the load on CPU but as the result, the game will be running twice as slow.

Aug 17, 2016
when i went into the editor for one of affected maps, it was set to 50%, though. When I put it to 100% and saved a copy the map was running normally- I had told the map creator about this issue--these scenario maps he made were all running almost too slow to play

Jan 3, 2013
when i went into the editor for one of affected maps, it was set to 50%, though. When I put it to 100% and saved a copy the map was running normally- I had told the map creator about this issue--these scenario maps he made were all running almost too slow to play
This is a bug then because it makes no sense to set a custom speed during map making. Feel free to report it.

Top Bottom