• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Notice the new look? We've updated to a new version of Xenforo, please read our latest post.

Questions

MetalHeader

Dwarven Worker
Jan 19, 2018
Good day everyone!

So i found this game and website when i was looking around at kickstarter! So i have a few questions that i hope maybe someone can answer as i was unable to find any information about this when i looked.

*How are rooms created? Can you build anything within a room or do you build specific rooms?
*How long do you estimate that the game will be for the campaign?
*What is the general story?
*Will the mod tools support custom scripting to create completely new types of events and situations?
*How many creatures / factions / monster / room types are there?
*What is the gameplay closer to?
*Can you give a few examples on what you can encounter on a map?
*How far are you taking the game when it come to rooms, creatures and abilities?
*What is required to expand your underworld empire? Gold? Stone? Food? Mana?

Well i guess that ended up being more questions then i first intended!

Also tried the demo. It looks nice even if it run abit slow at times i guess its things that can be fixed. Not a lot to do sadly.

Anyway i hope im not to annoying :p

Aug 18, 2015
*How are rooms created? Can you build anything within a room or do you build specific rooms?
You mark an area
Your Workers will dig that area out and claim the ground for you
Then you have several rooms to choose from in the Rooms Tab
Select a room
Mark an claimed area with that room you selected and place it

1 Room has certain Jobs.
-> Barracks: Training intelligent Units
-> Arena: Training mainly Beasts
-> Foundry: Producing Defence Parts for Defences
-> Sanctuary: To channel Rituals
-> Alchemy Lab: Brewing Potions
-> Garrison: Buffing defences
-> Crypt: Get Meatshild out of dead bodies
-> Prison: Inprison enemy Units
-> Spirit Chamber: Train Units fast for Gold or Spirits
-> Torture Chamber: Convert Units or turn them to Spirits
-> Then there is Beast Den Upgrade, Archive Upgrade, Barracks Upgrade and Foundry Upgrade

-> Tavern for food
-> Slaugterpen for food
-> Vault store gold
-> Lair sleep and rescuing dead units

*How long do you estimate that the game will be for the campaign?

The Main Campaign has 13 Levels, I guess it takes about 8-16 hours
Heart of Gold has 4 Levels, which takes around 4-8hours
My Pet Dungeon has 8 Levels, That Game Mode is more enjoy your stay
Crucible has 6 different maps, its a survival Mode. 1 Run can last for 20minutes or 2 hours, depends heavily on your skill and strategy

*What is the general story?
It has a plot twist, you most likly wont get, when you play it the first time, because you are bussy learning the mechanics.
If you like achievement hunting, you migth play it a second or 3rd time (or even more often, if you a completionist and want to get the damn Stay A While and Listen achievement [-> spend 10min in the HomeRealm after each Mission completed])

Overall, you are an Underlord (Source of Evil) leaded by Mendechaust (an Evil God). You are here to defeat Humanity and Emperor Lucius, who wants to become God like. [In very short and non-spoilerish]

*Will the mod tools support custom scripting to create completely new types of events and situations?
No mod support BUT 2.0 (upcomming Patch) will come with Script Support for the Map Editor.
So no 3rd Party Software needed, everything is avilable ingame (but I can't tell you how expensive scripting will be)

*How many creatures / factions / monster / room types are there?

2.0 Will add new stuff, but I will answer what 1.6 has avilable

Underlord Units:

Empire Units:

Special Units:

*What is the gameplay closer to?
Its very close to DK II then DK I

In my personal opinion, it tends more to be an simple RTS (like DK II) with some SIM elements.
It does both good, but not perfect.
I recongonzice more RTS elemts then SIM elements. If I had to say in percent 64% RTS and 36% SIM

*Can you give a few examples on what you can encounter on a map?

In the Campaign? Skirmish? Crucible? My Pet Dungeon? Work Shop Content?
Nothing or a damn lot, depends on which Game Mode.

Main Campaign, has a quite a lot of timed events
Skirmish, you fight an Underlord AI, so everything the AI throws at you (perhaps Empire Dungeon is involved as well)
Crucible is quite easy at the beginnig and gets harder and harder over time
My pet Dungeon is more exploration and sit back and relax. It rewards exploration (Hearth of Gold is a mixture between Main Campaign and My Pet Dungeon)
Workshop, a lot of garbage but under all that garbage there are some real gems

*How far are you taking the game when it come to rooms, creatures and abilities?
Every rooms attracts 1 Units
A Creature has a certain Job, which is more or less specific for certain actions
ie.
You want to train your Minions
-> Barracks, bit slow but no downsight
-> Arena, after they are kicked out of it (due to low HP), they go to sleep and regenerate their HP
-> Spirit Chamber, it can cost a ton of gold but its very quick OR you use Spirits to train your Minions, but you have to burn another Minion in the torture chamber to get a Spirit
-> Use Wisdome Juice [Potion] and drop it on a single units to train it fast (on many units its a waste of time). Potions can be brewed in the Alchemy Lab

Every gain 1 or more extra Abilities at lvl5
I will link you the Units Stats Threat here, if you want to take a closer look at it: https://forum.brightrockgames.com/threads/units-stats.9956/

*What is required to expand your underworld empire? Gold? Stone? Food? Mana?
For expanding you need Workers
For faster expanding you can use Part of your Gold or Mana
Gold = Outpost or Spirit Workers
Mana = Annex or more Workers
Theoreticly the Underminer does also caunt towards expanding, but I won't go into that now

Gamplay in Version 1.6

Overall, the game offers mutliple options for achieving your target. It's up to you how difficult you create it

Last edited:
Top Bottom