• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Randomly Generated Dungeons (Question)

Zomboden

Warden
WFTO Backer
Feb 5, 2012
USA
Well, I've been here for awhile and I was just playing Dungeon Keeper 2 and realized how awesome it would be with a built in random dungeon generator based on attributes that you pick. I'm not sure if it was posted here in the past that this was confirmed or not but I thought I would ask because the replay ability would be awesome I could play single player all day with a side of multiplayer once I grasp the concepts ofc.

Jan 3, 2013
Well, I've been here for awhile and I was just playing Dungeon Keeper 2 and realized how awesome it would be with a built in random dungeon generator based on attributes that you pick. I'm not sure if it was posted here in the past that this was confirmed or not but I thought I would ask because the replay ability would be awesome I could play single player all day with a side of multiplayer once I grasp the concepts ofc.
DK2 has random map generator tool. As for how effective it is - you can try yourself.

Castaras

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Dec 22, 2012
Got a link to the random map generator? Never found one when I was searching a while ago.

And yes, I'd definitely want a random map generator. Also the possibility for very large maps so we can have huge sprawling dungeons rather than just a small dungeon on a 50x50 map.

Jan 3, 2013
I have downloaded the random generator but its not built in like I would want, imo its pretty crap
The problem of Random Generator is its too random. There's no kind of template ( island, platform, fort and so on ) for it, so any map made by it is simply too raw to be played. Still, it can be used to create a basic ( alpha ) casual map, if you lack of inspiration, with further modification via official Editor of course.

Top Bottom