• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Retribution help

Jan 22, 2012
Hi some of you may know but DoW2:Retribution is -66% on steam,
Do you guys own it / Are you happy with it ? / How it is compared to Chaos Rising ?
+ are those DLC for wargear any good ?

ANewRoom

Gargoyle
WFTO Founder
Why not try it for yourself as there is also a free weekend going on till 1pm Sunday?

That said I like it a lot, though in my opinion the campaign is not as good as DoW2 and Chaos Rising, though it does add a lot of RTS elements back into the singleplayer. Multi-player is quite fun, even though I suck at it. Last Stand is a pretty good laugh of course and you can transfer your progress from the previous games if you have them installed.

The DLC are somewhat of a hit and miss in my opinion.

The Race packs are really not worth it in my opinion, since they are only usable in the singleplayer. They also make the singleplayer laughable easy for most of it.

The skin packs are all really nice looking, though I think it really depends how big a 40k fan you are. You should also note that they are not usable in the Last Stand or Singleplayer, only in the main multiplayer section of the game. Personally I would say that the best one is Death Korps of Krieg, since it also has a rebreather sound added to all the voice clips. They are unfortunately not customisable though.

If you liked the Last Stand mode gamemode in Chaos Rising I would definitely recommend the Tau Commander. If you played a lot of it before than I would say perhaps go for the Wargear DLCs, I can't really fully recommend them since I have only tried a few of them. From personal experiences I got to say avoid the Lord General and the Chaos Scourer packs, they really don't do anything very useful as far as I have seen.

Jan 22, 2012
Well my general plan is to buy Retri and all wargear+race packs but it may change. I did not ike Last stand/ played it like 2-3 games
What exacly for example SM race pack does 4 abilities/wargear ?

ANewRoom

Gargoyle
WFTO Founder
The Space Marine Race Pack gives you 4 items of wargear, an Axe, A helmet, a suit of armour, and a puity seal.
  • The Axe does 99 damage. And has a special of on killing an enemy: Granting increased armour by 50, +10 Heath regen for you an those around you, and 20% suppression resistance for a short amount of time.
  • The Helmet increases your health by 250, and gives you +35 armour rating.
  • The suit of armour has an Armour rating of 50. And has a special of: Granting on taking a hit from an enemy: Healing all nearby units, 20% suppression resistance.
  • The purity seal lowers the recharge time on your abilities when you take a hit from an enemy.
Once again I really don't think those packs are worth it, since you can't use them multiplayer, and the make the singleplayer campaign very easy.

Top Bottom