• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Richard Ridings talks about world problems

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
Or at least someone who sounds just like him.

Chances are you have already seen this, but I thought I might share anyway as I just stumbled across it.
It's pretty sad what the world is coming to. It's even sadder that all I hear is "JACKPOT WINNER :D"

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
There's an old saying that still holds true today "history repeats itself because nobody was paying attention the first time around those of you who have studied history extensively will know everything we see today the way people treat each other the evils we do are nothing new this crap has been going on since the dawn of civilization and nothing is ever going to change greed has always ruled the world and always will.

One thing I have known all my life there is are only 2 kinds of people on this planet GOOD & BAD there is no other distinction in my eyes the only truth is that Hate is like a virus & Love is like a virus which will you infect people with?

There are no religions or cultures only different ways of life.
There are no countries only lines on a map.
There are no nations only people who have forgotten we all share a common ancestor and so divide themselves.
This planet is my Island and Humanity is my tribe.

I'm an atheist btw.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
The words of Christ himself.
This... This is the best damn philosophy I have read in years. I believe that EVERY HUMAN IS A SINISTER, HOMICIDAL MANIAC and it's those of us who deny our evil instincts that are those that will not suffer for it in the next life.
Yeah, I believe in Reincarnation because it's logical that it would exist

I remember reading an article that, during Black Friday a man was trampled to death outside a Wallmart. And it took about SIX hours until someone noticed. PEOPLE WHERE WALKING OVER HIM.

However, it all makes sense. We humans are still wired to the instincts we had back in the god-dam Stone Ages, A fear of the Unknown (Racism and Homophobia, because being scared of something causes you to hate it.), Alpha Males (Our entire civilisation works by giving the few control over the many) hell, Males being naturally dominant is the reason Sexism will probably still be around for another 1000 years.
Something went wrong down the line that caused us to turn on each other. NO OTHER SPECIES ON THE PLANET FIGHTS LIKE WE DO, where entire tribes wipe out the other. Every other species keeps to themselves, and the only murders there are the ones over territory and females.

I predict World War Three will be in full swing by 2020

btw, Buddist here

Jared

Blood Imp
Nov 23, 2011
Gold Coast Australia
"" Something went wrong down the line that caused us to turn on each other. NO OTHER SPECIES ON THE PLANET FIGHTS LIKE WE DO, where entire tribes wipe out the other. Every other species keeps to themselves, and the only murders there are the ones over territory and females.

I predict World War Three will be in full swing by 2020 ""

You have to wander if other alien species in our universe would go through the exact same crap as our species? I mean is everything our race has experienced just the result of having a conscious mind + the whole survival of the fittest natural selection process, which is true life cannot survive in the wild unless it fights for its survival among the other species we are proof of how when you out compete everything else on the plant you reign supreme being selfish is also beneficial to survival in the wild perhaps this to is the reason so many of us really only think of our selves first and foremost ? perhaps WAR & conflict is a byproduct of our natural state?

The question is can we as a species ever overcome our baser instincts and rise above all the horrible vices of humanity such as WAR & GREED ? :(

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
You have to wander if other alien species in our universe would go through the exact same crap as our species?

The ones that do probably blew themselves up before they got the technology to visit another planet.
The same reason we Humans are going to destroy ourselves, we have the technology to do so already, hell, more people have been killed in the 20th century compared to the rest of known human history combined.

We won't live to see the 22nd century.

Nov 14, 2011
Delaware
My feelings on this video are... mixed, to say the least. On one hand, I understand and agree with the message. On the other, I don't really like the format it was presented in. I probably would have taken it a little more seriously if it hadn't been so arts-y.

And... to LFW and Jared (and others), I like to try to stay optimistic with life in the present, as well as in the future. While I'm sure my opinion is outweighed by many people who would completely disagree with me, I think there are many good people in the world. Every day, I learn more and more about the atrocities being committed worldwide, and honestly, sometimes it's hard for me to keep thinking the way I do. But I keep telling myself that the only way this world is going to get better is if the people who actually give a damn do something, not just watch the world collapse.
And that's what I believe. I believe enough people do give a damn to do something and change the world for the better.

If you watch some of the other videos he appears to denounce all Jews as "evil aliens" which is just misdirected hate towards the leaders of Israel and their exploitation of Palestine, as well as their provocation of countries like Iran and Egypt, through deceptive techniques like attacking US ships and blaming it on those countries.

It makes me question the legitimacy of his messages, is it really a warning message against ignorance and compliance, or is it just scaremongering and hate speech. Not to mention he talks in riddles, making the message hard to digest. Regardless, the videos are entertaining and well made and his voice is soothing to listen to despite the fact that it's very husky.

LFW

Priestess
Dec 15, 2011
Tauranga, New Zealand
All my material is original material, it is protest dialogue. I choose writers from across the globe whose work is powerful and contemporary. Occasionally one comes up against true genius, like Les Visible, and then I'll stay awhile. It's truth and knowledge with good music, it's ArtAttack Reportage. (Without the writers, I'd be silent. Thanks to them)
A quote from his page.

Here is the link to the original written work he based the OP off

Top Bottom