• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Ritual Suggestion] Room Illusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 15, 2013
I have an awesome idea for a ritual that would add something cool to the game.

I call it Room Illusion and it's part of the Wrath Greed tree.

You can use this ritual spell to create a room of maximum 5x5 tthat get's a random look (chosen from 7 different rooms that are commonly built). The rooms will be filled with stuff to make it look like a real room. What it does is as follows. An enemy imp will try to convert it, that will take time. Once it is converted the room will explode, killing imps inside and dealing damage to all units in that room (even the ones you use yourself) an extra effect for enemy units is that they get knock down for 3 seconds allowing your units to quickly annihilate the enemy attacking force. The spell effect itself has the following requirements :

*huge mana cost, consuming mana as long as the room is there
*Can just have 1 room illusion at once

What is the main use of this Ritual Spell? Tricking the enemy, it will take longer for them to progress as they will have to capture the room and then they will get a damage and knockback to slow them down. This would be a great feature for the defender to try and smash the opponent in time before getting swarmed.

Possible changes : effect, which vein it gets and maybe not adding it as a ritual but as a very expensive spell.

Enjou

Ember Demon
WFTO Backer
Jan 10, 2012
I think it's faster and more economical just to kill the enemy imp with a spell or dropping a creature next to it.

May 15, 2013
I don't think you understand the purpose of the ritual then.

In dungeon keeper 2 it has often happened the enemy breached my walls and instantly started to take my rooms with all his units. A huge battle occurs in that room and that's all you can do as defender besides using traps and spells.

What I purpose is let's say the enemy would breach the wall in an empty room, you could then use this ritual create a fake room and use it to defeat the first attacking force of the enemy. It would make fights more interesting when you have more options to defend.

Edit : This room can also be used to delay the enemy for some time while you try to get your units there and to trick them into capturing that room first instead of going somewhere else.

May 22, 2013
I like the idea of that. Sometimes i get bored of pure damage traps and i like illusion, confusion and subterfuge. A "backup" dungeon heart has been suggested with a use etc but those conversations get lost in the powers and use of this other heart. The room illusion idea sounds cool. The illusion itself could be also a heart room, giving the idea of a second heart but not actually prolonging the life of an underlord. Back to the original idea, illusion and distraction against imp incursion would be fun and useful. Something a player may have to consider and keep an eye out for

May 15, 2013
I don't like the idea of a second dungeon heart. It should be something that is really difficult to see as an illusion. Unless you are really paying attention you have no way to see it's an illusion. Like a treasury would be full of gold and a lair would be filled with beds. It is something to distract the opponent with and not a second dungeon heart anyone could easily idenfity as an illusion.

But I must say an illusion type of spells would be a great addition to the game. This suggestion could fit in but you could have other great illusion spells like creating a fake fog of war for a couple of seconds or a spell that duplicates your units for a time without them doing damage/being able to be attacked and then the opponent would think "woah this guy is strong, better retreat"

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
not a bad idea, the make it as big as you want part is a little strange though just surround your dungeon with multiple ilusionary rooms and destroy all surrounding walls, everytime the enemy imps wants to atack you, nearly all imps will die since they all want to conquer the room at the same time (which even will take more time, since the room is big)

adding

Simburgur

Managing Director
Brightrock Games
Nov 10, 2011
Brighton, UK
www.twitter.com
Rituals are non-location specific, meaning that they generally have map- or territory-wide effects, or effects localized to the Sanctuary.

Something like this would be better suited as a spell, potion, or defence.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
Rituals are non-location specific, meaning that they generally have map- or territory-wide effects, or effects localized to the Sanctuary.

Something like this would be better suited as a spell, potion, or defence.
well i have added it to the spells section anyway ;)

May 15, 2013
Aha, thanks for the clear up and Lordofriva, I think there should be some requirements set (I am updating the first post btw) like you can just have 1 room at once and there is a maximum amouth of tiles it can occupy (5x5?)

hagen

Bloodling
Feb 15, 2014
the idea i like too but i think it could be quite difficult to sensefully use it if u only can control 1 room like that. mostly u will not know where your walls are breached and building the room after enemy has entered your dungeon would be very obvious but the idea of this is interesting. a good cost/use ratio must be thought up though because the chance of killing 2 or 3 imps if they breach just the right point u thought up with this room ....difficult topic ... too difficult for me ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom