• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Room] Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Function: In this room minions can train 50% faster than in barracks at the same costs, but you can only put 2 minions in it per 9 tiles.

How it works: Drop 2 minions in it and they'll train with each other. It must be 2 minions, if you drop only 1 minion in it, it'll wait until another has been dropped in.

Size: At least 3x3

Appearance: Like the Colosseum in Rome, but square?

Costs: Above average

And I want to ask Lordofriva to add this to his list of suggestions. ;)

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i will add it ... since we dont have an Arena Room suggestion yet
but this Idea is Semi-announced ... ---> they said something along the lines that there may be something like an Arena ...
otherwise its not that original .. its an Arena ^^

Castigator

Gargoyle
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Germany
After a lot of thinking, I came to the conclusion, that it's not the arena itself I disliked, but the forcedly low training cap for the training room. The developers of DK2 did this, so that players wouldn't have their creatures at high levels before the arena was even researched. This effectively made one of my get go strategies impossible. (Invading the enemy dungeon with a rapidly trained creature was fun. All you had to do was slaughter them according to their strenghts and weaknesses)
If the game gave you a choice between cost intensive, slow, but safe and steady training and your arena as the fast, cheap method, that requires blood and attention and provides entertainment to your dungeons masses, I'd gladly accept that room as an asset, rather than a badly thought out attempt to make training more complex.
I do like the arena room, but I don't want it to castrate your training room.

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
I do like the arena room, but I don't want it to castrate your training room.
I don't mean to ''castrate'' the training room, as you can see I put some disadvantages among the advantages to make the arena not overpowered compared to the barracks.

Advantages: +50% training rate at same costs.

Disadvantages: Only 2 minions per 9 tiles and more expensive than the barracks.

Kelphy

Warden
WFTO Backer
Jan 13, 2013
Australia
You bring up the Colosseum in Rome yet you forget to mention the "Combat Pit" from DK2!?

You do crack me up! XD

I honestly hope this is in it, I always had fun watching my creatures fight each other, and then paying the one who wins money of my choosing! :D

gingerlama

Dwarven Worker
WFTO Backer
Feb 17, 2013
why cant creatures just gain exp from what they love doing but the training room just makes them train faster
E.g The Augre loves crafting traps and working in the foundry so can he not gain exp slowly while doing this task or the occulus loves to scout so the more he moves around your dungeon and scouts out new places for you he gains exp and it always seemed strange to me that the warlock in DK2 trained in the training room surly he would be better off in the library learning new spells to fight with

Elric von Rabenfels

Bloodling
WFTO Backer
Feb 15, 2013
On a medieval Battlefield
The Combat Pit HAS to return it was the single best room in DK2 :D
YESH!

@Ginger
Maybe to a certain level, after that, it's pure combat experience?
You should never forget. Theory and actually doing things are two entirely different things.

You can read about fighting and martial arts and weapons all you like, you will only be able to learn it to certain degree without trying to actually do those things. And nothing prepares you for real life or death combat... except life or death combat. You might study martial arts all your life but be unable to actually do something when some punks jump you.

gingerlama

Dwarven Worker
WFTO Backer
Feb 17, 2013
yeah i get that Eric just didnt like the combat pit idea that much in DK2 and i agree actually combat should be the only way to make lv 10 creatures or secret spells like in DK2

Nepene

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Jan 7, 2013
I did enjoy the combat pit a lot. It was great fun making your troops fight for your amusement. Seeing dozens of corpses appear all around which your imps would drag off.

Kelfezond

Priestess
WFTO Backer
Feb 19, 2013
Aye my favourite thing to do would be to put every single creature in at once and see who the grand champion was lol

Robofish

Necromancer
WFTO Founder
Dec 1, 2012
Surrey, laughing at how rubbish Sussex is.
why cant creatures just gain exp from what they love doing but the training room just makes them train faster
E.g The Augre loves crafting traps and working in the foundry so can he not gain exp slowly while doing this task or the occulus loves to scout so the more he moves around your dungeon and scouts out new places for you he gains exp and it always seemed strange to me that the warlock in DK2 trained in the training room surly he would be better off in the library learning new spells to fight with
Actually that is pretty much exactly what is going to happen from my understanding.

Vaptor

Blood Imp
WFTO Backer
Feb 22, 2013
Actually that is pretty much exactly what is going to happen from my understanding.
how about a deathmatch cage that increases exp but makes creatures very angry, if left in there too long with a possability for certian more beast like creatures to escape then run around attacking imps ect untill subdued

Jan 3, 2013
So it's combat pit without creatures fighting between each other.

I'm sure everyone agrees we may need a room if we want to train our creatures to higher level, more than training room can offer. However, if we will make it the way you suggest :

1. It will be inefficient. 2 creatures only in 3x3 room - I'm sure more could fit in.
2. Ability to fight without stop ( gold cost won't be a problem ) means creatures will automatically train themselves to higher levels. I don't mind of automatic training but it really shouldn't be as fast as with training room and surely not 50% faster.

Sum-up : Room should allow more creatures train inside it and have the training speed reduced, since creatures won't lose hp while they are inside. Alternative ''nerf'' is ability of creatures come out of this room when they need to rest, eat and collect gold. In this case, they could train nearly at the same rate as with training room, but then this would make these rooms too similar to each other.

Peetfighter

Juggernaut
WFTO Founder
Jan 23, 2013
The Netherlands
www.youtube.com
Sum-up : Room should allow more creatures train inside it and have the training speed reduced, since creatures won't lose hp while they are inside. Alternative ''nerf'' is ability of creatures come out of this room when they need to rest, eat and collect gold. In this case, they could train nearly at the same rate as with training room, but then this would make these rooms too similar to each other.
So, a room that makes your minions train slower than the barracks at the same rate. Sorry but that is a bad idea, it would make the room underpowered.

Jan 3, 2013
So, a room that makes your minions train slower than the barracks at the same rate. Sorry but that is a bad idea, it would make the room underpowered.
It wont since your creatures will reach higher levels than from Training Room.

We don't want level 8 - 10 enemy creatures in 5 minutes of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom