• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Room] Craftsroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

anonymus

Bloodling
Feb 1, 2013
Name: Craftsroom
Buildability: Standard minimum 3x3 in a claimed tile
Cost: High Average

Information: Glowing Amulet, Fire Resistance ring, or Dark Artifact. All those magical items are created in here. Those magical craft will empower your creature and allow them to perform feat they are not capable before. Use dragon scale, demon horn, and blood that will create a fire amulet that allow your creature to resists lava or use vampire remains , cultist robe, and gold to create a life leech artifact or ghost essence and blood for invisibility amulet. As powerful as they are one creature can only wear one magic artifact and they can switch their items at any time. This room will also store any magical artifact your imps founds to use later on.

Functionality: As said above this room allows you to create magical item for your creature to wear. They are made with some gold, blood, and corpse. This room works like dungeon keeper 2 workshop, you order your creature to make a specific artifact and they will make it when the required materials exist. This can create an interesting mechanics like making your caster a little bit beefier with artifacts that adds health or make your tank attack with faster speed. The items can be created or collected from fallen creatures. Left alone some creatures will prefer items to their preferences, cultist will wear amulet that boost their intelligence etc.

Appearance: This room will looks like a simple wood craft/stone craft room with a table for your creature to engrave gems into rings or amulet and enchant magic to it. It also has one treasure box to store items and a spot for materials which your imps will drag them to it.

Jan 3, 2013
With Foundry, Laboratory and Alchemy Rooms I doubt there will be a need for an extra room for crafting.

Laboratory and Alchemy rooms could be used for gem, crystal, stone creation where Foundry will be used for crafting the socket and item itself. Gem, Crystal or Stone could be injected in the same Foundry room.

Unless Craftsroom will be used for huge Gem, Crystal, Stone/Rune creation wich can be socketed into one of 4 columns of Dungeon Heart, granting player specific bonuses ( similar to vein of evil, except these will be different bonuses, once injected, it can't be removed and will stay with player till the end of the game ).

anonymus

Bloodling
Feb 1, 2013
Isn't foundry only focused on mechansm like doors and traps?
This room basically just gives one creature a specific buff, something likes giving a cultist an additional health or an ability to walk over lava permanently until the item is being wear off.
Yeah, I just read about the alchemist and potion that will gives a temporary buff which inspires me to make this kind of room, I mean potion means your creature now should have an inventory. The first idea is to make an armory to create full weapon sets for creature but I deemed that as too complex. I haven't read about laboratory though

Jan 3, 2013
To be honest it's still not entirely clear how many options will each room have. It may turn out single room like Foundry can cover all crafting needs or there will be other rooms for crafting things aswell.

I believe few rooms could together be used for various, if not all sorts of crafting, but it's still up to developers to decide things like this.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I believe few rooms could together be used for various, if not all sorts of crafting, but it's still up to developers to decide things like this.
I second that notion. We barely know a handful of rooms that will make it into the full game, eventually, but from what we know, it seems pretty likely that some sort of crafting system (for other things than traps) will be included - the question is to what extend this goes: It could either be only something like free scrap metal for Gnarlings and Augers, or specialized workshops for magical items as you describe them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom