• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Room/door] Worker Portal and Customised door access

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 2, 2011
Worker Portal and Customised door access
Highlight: Allows worker creatures such as the imp to quickly travel from one section of your dungeon to another.
Associated Units: Workers​
Appearance: Small 1x1 or 2x2 altar with a portal in the middle. Must be placed on an owned dungeon tile.

Functions
Teleport Worker: Portals would be built in pairs and would allow travel only between the two given points. Such portals cost a moderate amount of mana to sustain but also cost a small amount of mana when used.This should be costly enough to stop a keeper from building more than a couple of these rooms.​
Reasoning
In the past separating creatures and dungeon sections had proven rather difficult as you would often need to manually restock relevant treasure rooms or open connecting doorways to allow workers access for traps created in the relevant workshops etc.​
Alternative
Maybe having the ability to allow only certain creature types to pass through certain doors (magic door or gargoyle esc bouncer).​

Jun 26, 2013
Not so sure about the teleport but door control would be good. Allowing certain types of creature through doors (mainly imps) would be great.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Will Imps carrying gold be able to use the portal? If yes, we could get into somewhat awkward situations in which the player would connect their treasure room with a distant gold vein and use the portals as a mean to instantly travel between the two - resulting in a dramatically increased income.

Of course, one might argue that the player might also simply build a treasure chamber right next to the portal, but said treasure chamber might easily be conquered by the enemy - something much less likely to happen with the one in your main dungeon.

As such, I suggest that either a) Imps may not use the portals if they carry gold, b) travelling through a portal takes as much as time as if the imps was moving by foot if it is carrying gold or c) both your and enemy imps may use the portal - when ordering your imps to use an enemy portal, they will automatically attempt to scout the enemy dungeon and/or steal gold from the enemy treasure room.

Dec 2, 2011
Will Imps carrying gold be able to use the portal? If yes, we could get into somewhat awkward situations in which the player would connect their treasure room with a distant gold vein and use the portals as a mean to instantly travel between the two - resulting in a dramatically increased income.
This was the reason I included a mana cost for each time the portal was used. If imps are pouring through it constantly the downside would be a severe drop in mana which could often be used elsewhere.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
This was the reason I included a mana cost for each time the portal was used. If imps are pouring through it constantly the downside would be a severe drop in mana which could often be used elsewhere.
Ah, my bad. I misread it as the portal requiring a constant amount of mana to operate, which would increase with additional portals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom