• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Room] Hex Chamber (Name is subject to change)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baelrog

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Jan 14, 2013
Hex Chamber
In this room you can develop so called Ruinations/Desecrations/Hexes, or something along those lines (some evil enchantments). These are upgrades that, after development, can be sealed into your dungeon heart and provide some sort of beneficial effect. However, your dungeon heart has only limited slots and they are moderate to difficult to develop, so they should be picked carefully. This could be implemented in such a way that the Ruinations exist in several tiers and higher tiers have fewer slots than lower ones.
Developing Ruinations would cost gold, mana, maybe sacrificing certain creatures and/or heroes. Potentially, they could require rare materials that can occasionally be found while digging.

Some random examples:
- Decreases manufacturing time/cost of traps/doors by X%.
- Increase experience gained from combat by X%.
- Increases the lighting damage done by creatures, traps and spells you control by X%.
- Decreased the food requirement of creatures.
- Decreased the health of you dungeon heart by 50%, while increasing the mana gained and maximum mana by X%.

Even more interesting would be if they had both a drawback and beneficial property, such as the last one in this list of examples.

kyton786

Ghoul
WFTO Backer
Dec 8, 2012
Washington,usa
i think the veins of evil are going to have passive bonuses like this. if they arent, i could see working. but i would also like to ask are they going to be persistent or reset with each level? because if they are hard to get but are reset after each level i probably would not use them.

Baelrog

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Jan 14, 2013
Well thats hard to tell, it depends on the gameplay. It could work like in DK1, where you can sometimes bring a creature over to the next level. Or they could just stay active on your heart. In such a case they may have some activation requirement such as number of tiles, mana investment, creature prayer. However, it really depends on the gameplay what is necessary.

Lex Talionias

Dwarven Worker
Feb 10, 2014
how about the hex chamber actually is the upgrade? being able to set them up around your dungeon for both decoration and active effect, ones for faster mining near gem veins, fear ones on the front lines... or around your prison and torture chamber, and so on and so forth, but each one requiring mana (maybe decreasing your max mana pool?) or active 'casters' to be effective. thus no hex's being a valid choice as it would free up mana and/or creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom