• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Room Mechanic] Training Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
If training room will allow us to train creatures up to certain level, as in DK2, then to avoid horrible grind of Fighting Pit there's an option to make training room useful throughout the game.

Allow players to drop captured heroes and creatures into Training Room. There, they are chained to some object and used as a "beating bags", allowing minions to level some more beyond level limit. After some time captured creatures expire and should be replaced. Also, they could not be brought back into prison to prevent exploiting.

Minions below training level limit train faster if captured creature present.

That will allow game to avoid situations we faced in DK1 - where you wall up, and wait forever until your creatures get lvl10 or unspeakably boring Fighting Pit grinding.

To get advantage, you have to capture some creatures and take action istead of sitting passively.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
hmmm what would hinder us in using our own creatures? if it is only heroes it would be impossible to do it if no heroes are present.

im not against using heroes in the combat pit equivalent (if we will have this ) though
but otherwise i think i will convert, Torture or starve them to death ;)

anyway, mechanics section

Cultist

Blood Imp
Feb 12, 2013
That's the point - not to use your own creatures. And its not a fight pit, it's more like temporary boost, that will allow us to train creatures beyond training limit.
Weak heroes\creatures should expire faster and more powerful - longer. That's a tradeoff - either use prisoners to convert them or use them to train your minions.

Brightpaw

Ghoul
WFTO Founder
Feb 21, 2013
I remember Impire... and this is exactly what they did, yes. I think i'd be more comfortable with having the combat pit serve more than one purpose (like making minions happier by watching combat.)

Amon

Huntress
Apr 14, 2012
Somewhere
subterraneangames.com
Sorry, Cultist, but I am afraid I have to agree with Enjou and Brightpaw. While this may look good (and amusing) on paper, in practice, it made Impire even more of an aggravating pain in the arse game then it already was. However, perhaps, every now and then, a Creature could leap into prison and beat up someone in there. They wouldn't get much experience, but it could still give them some in the time between them maxing out their Barracks training and the unlocking of the <redacted>

Oh crap, the curse of the Redacteds!

It's spreading!

HEEELLLLPPPPP!!!!!......

Jan 3, 2013
Better stick to Autonomous Combat Pit concept than farm enemies so your creatures can get a level or two. What worked in Impire probably won't even fit the WFTO since games will be far too different.

Ben Chandler

Impassibly Cool
WFTO Backer
Jan 23, 2013
Also you could sort of do that in dk anyway... K.o. a hero, imprison them, heal them, drop them back into your dungeon, K.o., repeat ;)
Boring but legit method (never did this btw, too labour intensive)

Medjay

Shadow
WFTO Backer
Aug 23, 2012
Canterbury
I'm not sure I entirely understand this mechanic to be honest, but isn't this the same as throwing a captured hero into your combat pit to fight with one of your creatures (as in DK2)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom