• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Room: Titanical Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2013
I realise I am late to the game so I will give a simple description:

Probably the path of Sloth

What your dungeon needs is a nice garden full of deadly flora. At it's most basic level, (small room, unattended) your garden provides happiness to certain creature types. It also allows you control over the root structures winding in and out of your walls, this results in a minor increase in wall reinforcement strength.
For larger gardens that have creatures (not sure which?) working in them:

- Resource can be gathered from the various plants to boost spells, traps, potions, research...etc
- Plants can be picked and re planted anywhere in your dungeon (so basically becoming plant traps / resource stations)
- Strangling vines, we've all seen them. At its highest level the garden could spread out vines across every reinforced wall you have. These could be used to slow enemies and boost reinforcements.
- I noticed creature suggestions such as the mushroom, this room may help their case.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
As already states in your thread about adding specific weapon types ot the game, I strongly oppose the idea of adding a more complex ressource system to the game - we already have to take care of gold, minions, traps, potions, mana, etc. - so adding even more things to keep in mind might easily be overkill.

Plant-based traps, as a Vein-dependent replacement of foundry traps might be interesting though.

I'm not sure about the vein system - depending on how complex it is (i.e. if you had to manually spread the veins by picking up and dropping spore pods in strategic places), it might become another game ressource, which could be problematic as described above. But if the effect would be so that the veins spread in a radius around your heart rather than in a radius around the garden itself or specific items from the garden.

Jun 26, 2013
I would envision all of this happening automatically except the traps. I agree that you need to limit the number of tech and resource options but just like the weapons idea they would be more of a boost than and extra thing to do. So:

As your garden grows and is worked in vines are researching. Each level of vine research changes the reinforced wall skin automatically to a new one with larger vines showing. It would be cool to watch it spread out but not essential.

Your garden has many poisons plants which can simple boost the effectiveness of poisons spells and traps. It could also make poisons creatures happy, maybe even be an alternate food source for them. Creature that eat poisons plants will become more venoms but don't let them eat to many as it will slow the other benefits your garden produces, eg - vine research.

This doesn't need to add to much to the overlords workload. (As a starcraft fan i do quite like the idea of spreading spores, it makes me think of creep spread).

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I would envision all of this happening automatically except the traps. I agree that you need to limit the number of tech and resource options but just like the weapons idea they would be more of a boost than and extra thing to do.

The thing with "extras", no matter of how minor they seem to be, is that even the slightest edge they give one player may very well make it a necessity for the other player to do the same just in order to keep up. Of course, there are multiple realizations for this (i.e. Player 1 getting a damage upgrade while player 2 gets an armor upgrade instead), but in the long run, each possible choice you give one player automatically results in the other player having to choose something to counter it (at least if the latter wants to win the game).

To get back on topic: I like the idea of the veins growing and increasing whatever bonuses they may bring in for the player, albeit these too shouldn't go over a reasonable amount, of course. The same applies to a poison buff for your minions.

Jun 26, 2013
each possible choice you give one player automatically results in the other player having to choose something to counter it
Isn't that the game though? I agree at limiting things to a manageable amount but if I out tech you I'm a better player and deserve to win. In a similar way, if you hide in your dungeon and never scout then you have to expect your opponent to have countered you, (presuming they have scouted you).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom