• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RTS RPG with super heroes idea.

Jun 26, 2013
Concept: 3rd person RPG with RTS element.

You start by customising a weak, unknown super hero, maybe you want a Batman type or maybe Wolverine is more your style. The game begins in a small sleepy town which only suffers minor amounts of crime (a bit of robbery, bar fights, etc). It is up to you to prevent this crime from escalating, if you are successful the town prospers and grows, if you fail it becomes run down and insignificant. As the town grows so does the level of criminal so next you may be taking on gangs or Mafia. Eventually as your town becomes a city and an increasingly important location super villains start to appear.

So far I have explained an RPG style game of which there are already several out. My idea differs because it adds an additional RTS component.

Your superhero and the town/city are interlinked. You get to choose how you town grows and this effects how you superhero evolves. So your Batman type may look to bring a technology industry to town which in turn will give you access to better gadgets. A University will help you research you condition which could lead to increased powers or different mutations. A police force can support you and provide intelligence.

I could go into greater depth but I think that is enough to give you a general idea. What do you think?

Could someone please make this :)

Jun 26, 2013
No love for this one aye, well screw you guys I'll build it my self.

* Goes to creative cupboard to fetch pipe cleaners, egg boxes and glitter. :)

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
It sounds interesting, although it doesn't really sound like it has any RTS elements, they sounds more like CMG or God game elements, because you are not in direct control of the city's development.

It does sound quite complex, you're basically talking about a sandbox RPG that has a map that can actually grow which means the game would need many maps or some sort of random generating algorithms, I'm not sure how possible this kind of game would be, even in this day and age.

Dec 14, 2012
I'm positive this exists and has multiplayer, I just wish I could remember the damn name of it.

Well, minus the 'Super' bit in 'Heroes'.

Jun 26, 2013
it doesn't really sound like it has any RTS elements, they sounds more like CMG or God game elements
Fighting crime earns influence (your resource), you use influence to buy new buildings and infrastructure. You would buy and place buildings on a map screen which will then build in game. There are plenty of buildings to choose from, University, gym, police, weapons range, fire station, hospital, shops, night clubs, sewage works, etc... each bring benefits and some times problems to both super hero and city. Each can be upgraded in different ways, all can be attacked, destroyed or corrupted. You would probably need a little automation to help you along, I personally would want a suburbia to randomly generate as I choose the key buildings.

map that can actually grow which means the game would need many maps or some sort of random generating algorithms
I came up with this while playing GTA 5. You would start with a little town surrounded by a lot of countryside (could be a random generation).
The country side is vast and represents the entire map, you expand your town into the countryside, you may decide to clump it all together of spread out. The country side is a great place for bad guys to hide out. :)

Other resource maybe found within the country side such as wood and oil. Shops and industry will also provide a strong local economy.

Huntress
WFTO Founder
Apr 20, 2012
Worthing, West Sussex
That still sounds more like a CMG, like SimCity to me than an RTS, like Command & Conquer to me.

Bear in mind, very few developers have the kind of resources capable to make a game as big as GTA5.

Dec 14, 2012
There are several Super hero RPGs, there is also crack down?
I meant the one where its just standard heroes of old, Wizard, Swordsmen, Rogue etc. That was an awesome game that I can't remember the name of. Kinda looked like Settlers, but graphically much neater. It was such a good game too.

Dec 14, 2012
Ah'hah! Remembered! 'Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom', give that game a go if you haven't tried it, its super fun. Think I'll go see how much it is on Steam, I'd love to place this thing multiplayer with someone, just for larks.

---Edit--
£14.99 on Steam, for Majesty 2 + DLCs
£7.99 on Steam, for Majesty 2.

Thank you student loan for this game I am about to enjoy.

Top Bottom