• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sacrifice sequel why not ?

Blizzard

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
Ill let this image express my oppinion
As I may have hinted in the past I am a big fan of sacrifice
and it frustrate me how there has never been a sequel or game similiar to its playstile 3rdpersonrealtimestrategywithroleplayinggameelements
meme-maker-why-you-no-spell-properly.jpg

Norsa

Blood Imp
Nov 10, 2012
I second this! I loved sacrifice :) Also the multiple roads you could take through the campaign was awsome!

Dec 1, 2012
Sacrifice is quite a unique game. With spells like "Bovine Intervention", it set itself apart from the pack w/ a great sense of humor and challenging gameplay in an original universe. My favorite type of game is the strategy w/ RPG flavor, and the ability to go down to FPS view and battle in the trenches w/ your minions. Very few titles provide this.

Sacrifice is awesome, unfortunately I cannot seem to get it running on Win7 :(

So yes, we need a modern sequel!

Fireeye

Augre
Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I loved Sacrifice's Unique art style - of course you did have a rather generic fantasy world, but the creatures inhabiting it were so beautifully insane (think of Stratos with the balloon over his armor or the guys that came to extract the souls from the body of the fallen - I literally could not stop laughing when looking at them because they kept swinging their behinds from left to right while ramming their giant syringes into dead bodies). The game got lots of praise by critics as well, both for its design and the game-play, but I suppose it looked just to alien for the regular customers, so it was a commercial flop.

Lord of Riva

The Lord
Founder
Dec 29, 2012
i know how you all feel but shiny (and their the only ones making such absolutely MAD games ) are no more T.T

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
I think the best part about Sacrifice was being able to beat the campaign in a variety of different ways and then have a unique spell list to use in multiplayer. My GOD, you have no idea how stupefied my brother was when I pulled out my "Superhealer" build in a 1v1 game against him. Unstoppable, man.

...seriously, animate dead + a bunch of healing abilities + Troggs = doomsday build. "You killed my superminion? ANIMATE DEAD! Oh, you used an AoE damage spell? Well, here's my AoE HEALING! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" It was obnoxious.

But, yes. I miss that game in general. I miss it a lot. On the bright side, if I ever install it again, I could probably use Hamachi to play with other folks.

...Hm. I wonder if GoG has it.

Blizzard

Necromancer
Backer
Dec 3, 2011
Behind you
LOL i remeber when my brother cast volcano for the first time we were like WTF is happening
so what was your favourite god :) ?
Mine is charnel

Inlaa

Priestess
Jan 11, 2012
Texas
Myself, I did the first campaign with James, but my favorite game was my second one: I worked a bit for James, Charnel, and Persephone each, ending the game on James' side. It ended up being the perfect "support wizard" build and a fun story.

Top Bottom