• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sacrificing Prisoners

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlyGoat

Firebreather
May 18, 2013
Florida
This seems like an oversight. You can turn prisoners into gold, feed them to your vampires, toss them in the meat grinder, throw them in the arena to fight to the death, but you can't sacrifice them on your altar to complete the vampire ritual. I think this would go a long way to promoting the use of vampires.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
I suppose its intentional since the usual stuff works on both your own minions and prisoners. Its probably meant to emphasize that summoning a Vampire will cost you.

Edit: Also keep in mind that the Vampire is/was sort of supposed to be the "Horny-Equivalent" of WftO, and summoning a Horned Reaper also required you to sacrifice some rather useful minions, not just flies and beetles.

Last edited:

SlyGoat

Firebreather
May 18, 2013
Florida
I suppose its intentional since the usual stuff works on both your own minions and prisoners. Its probably meant to emphasize that summoning a Vampire will cost you.

Edit: Also keep in mind that the Vampire is/was sort of supposed to be the "Horny-Equivalent" of WftO, and summoning a Horned Reaper also required you to sacrifice some rather useful minions, not just flies and beetles.
But he was also actually incredibly strong, unlike the vampire who can't level up and dies to a couple level 4 gnarlings.

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
But he was also actually incredibly strong, unlike the vampire who can't level up and dies to a couple level 4 gnarlings.
To my best understanding, the Vampire can level up and actually has a pretty powerful ability that unlocks at level five. He just won't work in your rooms (including the barrack), much like beast units. I do think you can train him in the arena though, and open combat is always an option.

SlyGoat

Firebreather
May 18, 2013
Florida
To my best understanding, the Vampire can level up and actually has a pretty powerful ability that unlocks at level five. He just won't work in your rooms (including the barrack), much like beast units. I do think you can train him in the arena though, and open combat is always an option.
This was what I assumed at first, but if it's the case he must level excruciatingly slowly. I've messed around with vampires a few times and they never make it to level 2. It may just be because they always rush head first into fights faster than my other minions and end up immediately KO'd. Also I find it amusing that the vampire refuses to work in any room, while the Archon will happily research for you.

Correct - The mechanical reason is that you need to free up population space for the Vampire.
I understand this in theory, but in practice you just throw converted minions in. If vampires are ever a more formidable force this simply buffs the torture chamber even more when it's already a potentially gamebreaking room. And worst case scenario you throw out a few disposable beasts who will immediately rejoin you.

fireblade

Spirit
WFTO Backer
Mar 11, 2013
ive only tried on last level of campaign but I just converted prisioners, then sacrified, then leveled the vampires in spirit chamber, though a lvl 10 vampire going permenently mad, even when i have a full prison, was rather anoying

SlyGoat

Firebreather
May 18, 2013
Florida
ive only tried on last level of campaign but I just converted prisioners, then sacrified, then leveled the vampires in spirit chamber, though a lvl 10 vampire going permenently mad, even when i have a full prison, was rather anoying
Ah, good to know. The only time I tried throwing vampires in the spirit chamber was in the first multiplayer match where I tried to use them. It was also the match where I discovered spirit chambers don't work in multiplayer.

Moreum

Skarg
WFTO Founder
Feb 6, 2013
New York, USA
Ah, good to know. The only time I tried throwing vampires in the spirit chamber was in the first multiplayer match where I tried to use them. It was also the match where I discovered spirit chambers don't work in multiplayer.
yes seems like spirit chamber is broken in multiplayer I'd have to agree when I was hosting a game with one of the members here their minions just disappeared to nowhere when he dropped his units in there but for me *host* it was alright and working correctly maybe we should submit bug report once the game stabilizes and we get more or less working mp.

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
Correct - The mechanical reason is that you need to free up population space for the Vampire.
But if we instead torture and convert these three prisoners we don't free up population space at all and add three minions.
Seems rather inconsistent, how does it balance against that?

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
But if we instead torture and convert these three prisoners we don't free up population space at all and add three minions.
Seems rather inconsistent, how does it balance against that?

thats not correct, prisoners do count towards population for the owner of the prison (AFAIK, im not sure if that got changed somewhen tbh :p )

Psycix

Dryad
WFTO Founder
Jan 9, 2013
thats not correct, prisoners do count towards population for the owner of the prison (AFAIK, im not sure if that got changed somewhen tbh :p )
If that is true, then @Simburgur is wrong, as he implies sacrificing prisoners is not allowed because it wouldn't free up population space.
If it's not true, my previous point still stands.

It's inconsistent with something either way :p

Lord of Riva

The Lord
WFTO Founder
Dec 29, 2012
If that is true, then @Simburgur is wrong, as he implies sacrificing prisoners is not allowed because it wouldn't free up population space.
If it's not true, my previous point still stands.

It's inconsistent with something either way :p
oh yeah, i kinda derped there, Sim is probably the better source on the Population system :p
but now i want to know as well :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom