• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Sandbox mode question

Snowbat

Disciple
Jul 27, 2015
As a big fan of the old DK2 game, WFTO is really a worthy successor. I played Dungeons 2 as well and while it's a really cool game too, it's not really a successor to DK2. It's just something different. But WFTO sticks really close that what I liked about DK2.
It's addicting as hell and it has the same dark but funny atmosphere I enjoyed so much in the old games.

I like the idea that there is a sandbox mode too. I havent played it yet as I prefer to discover all powers and rooms during the campaign, but what I liked about "My Pet Dungeon" (Sandbox of DK2) was that you could also trigger an attack of Heroes to see how well your defenses are.
Is it possible in the Sandbox of WFTO too? If not, I would highly recommend adding it. What's the point of making a big, badass dungeon if you can't test it against attacks right? :-D

Beneathar

Necromancer
Apr 28, 2014
Germany
Sandbox Mode is only Dungeon Building with infinite ressources.

The Mode you are searching for os the Home Realm, wich can be found to the left of the first campaign level.

Here you can Build a Dungeon with all the Sins you unlocked during campaign and you can spawn Heroes to let your Dungeon be attacked.

Jul 27, 2015
Well, the home realm is pretty good, but the map's a little bland.
Let's just hope the level editor will allow you to make maps with the same mechanics as the Home Realm :)

Fireeye

Augre
WFTO Backer
Dec 30, 2012
Ze Germany
Well, the home realm is pretty good, but the map's a little bland.
Let's just hope the level editor will allow you to make maps with the same mechanics as the Home Realm :)
That's sadly not very likely to happen. From my understanding, limitations within the Unity Engine (which WftO uses) make it pretty damn hard to create editors that allow more than basic terrain manipulation and the placement of starting points, etc.

Scripted events (such as spawning enemies like in the home realm) presumably won't be possible to implement - not because the devs didn't try, mind you. WftO originally was supposed to come with an advanced editor called "Dungeoneer", but as mentioned above, it turned out that Unity was rather unfriendly to anything but the most basic editing tools. As a result, the Dungeoneer (and a considerable amount of development resources put into it) had to be scrapped.

Oct 4, 2015
Is WFTO stuck using an older version of Unity? I've been keeping my eye on a game called Sword Coast Legends and their editor allows for scripting in Unity.

Top Bottom