1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Short Joke Achievement

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fabius, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Fabius

Fabius Blood Imp

Hello,

Just buyed War for the Overworld from GOG and I started playing the campaing. I'm currently trying to complete the Short Joke Achievement in level 5 without sucess. I found it too hard to be done. I readed there is a bug related to this achievement in a Steam's forum. Something about players unable to fortify the walls of the sanctuary and earn some bonus. Is this information true?

Any hints about how to complete this achievement are welcome too.

I'm having some trouble to manage all my cultists while defending my dungeon against invaders. Even with a big archive and temple I was unable to complete the ritual in less that 20 minutes. Looks like work-a-lot potions dont work at all to improve completition time.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Slichizard

Slichizard Bard

You can expand sanctuary so it can support more Cultists. The one you claim at start has 7 spots only. Walls around sanctuary can be dug out and replaced with new walls, using Replacement Earth construction.

Get as many cultists as you can and protect the sanctuary from attack from above. You can do that with help of beasts or with few bombards. Also build lair, slaughterpen and vault near the Sanctuary, so you can satisfy the needs of cultists asap.

3. gregored13

gregored13 Bloodling

Since getting the gog version, I have tried to get this achievement with several tries. Even though I have an Archive with 17 stations, it takes forever to get to 11 Cultists, which is the max I've seen, and at 18 minutes, having poured lots of potions and used Obey multiple times, the indicator is still only about one third done for the Ritual. As to expanding the Sanctuary, it did not unlock until about 15 minutes in on the map-since all the Cultists are already in the room.

4. Fabius

Fabius Blood Imp

I managed to complete the level in 18:30-19:00 minutes. Don't waste gold and time expanding your archive. You just need your sanctuary to get cultists. Use the 3 artifacts in your initial archive to research the sanctuary, rampart and portcullis.
    Expand your sanctuary earlier to ensure as many culstist as you can get. Still this ritual takes forever to complete :)