1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Show your hobbies

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Noxlor, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Noxlor

Noxlor Priestess

Ahoi,

this is very much off-topic but who cares ? ;)
    In this tread you are supposed to show your hobbies / works.

I like very much the photography and want to share my Photo-gallery with you. It is increasing over time. So it is worth to have second sight after some time.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sebastianklaus/with/13983372341/

Enjoy!

Greetings,
    Noxlor

2. Peetfighter

Peetfighter Inquisitor Founder

Oooooh landscapes, lovely! Where did you make them? :)

3. Noxlor

Noxlor Priestess

Thanks,

Mainly in Germany, Bavaria

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

4. Noontide

Noontide Award Winning Community Manager Dev Team

Incredible pictures Noxlor, you've got an incredible talent and now you've set the bar too high for anyone else!

I will contribute though, my hobby when I'm not working, or finding what time I can for video games is Warhammer. I've recently picked the hobby back up and am now assembling an angelic host of Blood Angel Space Marines. Here are a few pictures of my Painting and a few small conversions that I have coming along.

[​IMG]
    This is my WIP Tactical Squad, there are 10 marines that need painting for this and most of them are now armour complete. These ones here are completely painted. The focus of the picture is the Dreadnought which is in a class of it's own, it was painted by my brother, who is the manager of a GW Store and subsequently gifted to me for my army.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here's a few pics of my converted Deathwatch Blood Angel devastator, Brother Octavius. He's my model for when I play one of the WH40k Pen and Paper RPGs, a mix of a few different sets and a custom base set him apart from everything else in my army. Not currently painted but the undercoat and as Deathwatch marines are black mostly basecoated too armour wise. :p

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Finally here's some shots of my Sanguinary Priest in Terminator Armour. As GW do not make a model for a Sanguinary Priest wearing terminator armour I had to make my own, this is a small conversion using a few bits and pieces primarily a mix of Terminator sets from Assault and Standard, a chalice top from space hulk (With a long outdated Skeleton helm from fantasy for a base) and some resin Blood Angels terminator shoulders as well as a custom base that he needs to be mounted on. He'll hopefully stand out as the leader of a truly terrifying Terminator assault team.

Noxlor and Cultist Joris like this.
  5. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Spirit

I'm a man of many hobbies, but probably chief among them is my custom made Batsuit that I wear to Children's Hospital and Conventions.
    [​IMG]

Fireeye, James and Cultist Joris like this.
  6. Noxlor

Noxlor Priestess

@Noontide thanks for the kind words.
    The Warhammer figures remind me very much of my tabletop time. I have played (long time ago) the Lord of the Rings tabletop. But I disliked the idea that you have to spend money for good creatures / characters. Building and assembling own characters gives the game a whole new perspective I never thought about ;)
    In fact I am still playing "Das schwarze Auge" (I think in English it now known as "Realms of Arkania"), a pen and paper role playing game.

@Dark Knight: Your Batsuit looks very much like.....the original. Well made ;)
    What material do you used for the body suit?

7. Alistair

Alistair Captain Graze Box QA Lead

Currently working on a HTML5 Platformer in my free time. Nothing amazing, just something to further my skill set.

It looks like crap but I have no idea which direction I'm taking it currently, maybe I should hire Josh. I may show off what I have in a couple of weeks if I make progress and happy with it.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
    Amon and Cultist Joris like this.
  8. Mozared

Mozared Inquisitor Founder

There's a 'In Soviet Russia' joke here.

My hobby is being awesome in general. It takes a lot of effort but I think I may finally be getting good at it.

9. AvatarIII

[​IMG] ??

Amon likes this.
  10. Noxlor

Noxlor Priestess

The one from the movies (the new ones) ;)

Gesendet von meinem iPhone mit Tapatalk

11. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Spirit

The chest and leg armor is made out of latex, while the cowl is urethane. I opted for a modular design, not binding the armor to a wetsuit but rather layering each piece over itself while wearing a black compression suit underneath.

12. Wulfe

Wulfe Blood Imp

I spend quite a bit of time doing creative writing, mostly because it's the region of work I'm in at the moment, but that has bleed its way into my hobbies, alongside reading. Here is a failed piece of narration that was chucked to the public account I have for such things, a place where people can see just how much I have in common with a teenager's gothic diary. khrazed.deviantart .com/art/Nameless-Crud-Part-1-362690140 (I can't sadly post links without having 10 posts, but I'm sure you can go ahead and remove the space)

Amon likes this.
  13. Miyavi

Miyavi Chunder

You still gon die tho.

download (1).gif

14. Badwolf699

Badwolf699 Huntress Founder

My hobbies I guess would be animaton (which I've done little of lately) drawing (same) Collecting Lego Minifigs, Doctor Who Lego, Doctor Who Figures.
    I seem to collect alot of stuff
    A collection of games from PS1/2/3/P/Vita to Xbox/360 Nintendo 3/DS and of course PC Games :p

Here is what I'm working on now not currently public yet on youtube

Which is an updated version of a WW3 animation I did of this

For my latest version I decided to concentrate on Europe instead of the whole world.

Peetfighter likes this.
  15. Zomgbie

Zomgbie Ghoul

Phone 043.jpg First time I've cooked something pretty in a while!

Edit: Im sure I'll have worked out how do do images a few mins Hooray!

Peetfighter likes this.
  16. Fireeye

Fireeye Juggernaut Backer

@ Dark Knight: I salute you for wearing the costume in children hospitals. God knows the kids can use some silver lining in a place chiefly connected to sickness and death.

As for myself, I spent a good deal of my free time running a small pub that is part of our student dorm. It's a voluntary capacity, but you do get to see lots of old and new faces (and of course the fact that your own drinks are free doesn't hurt either, if you know your limit).

17. Noxlor

Noxlor Priestess

Looks delicious!

18. Reyh!

Reyh! Crackpot Backer

I like to animate and program. So far i've animated a chain rocking back and forth and sculpted a human head (atleast something that looked like a human head :p ). I've also made the "Hello world!" program using python. I also like to draw, but the reality is that..i can't draw. I've tried to draw, but i just can't get a hang of it. :p

I can't show anything of this now since i don't have it available here (on vacation).

19. Badwolf699

Badwolf699 Huntress Founder

You've seen the preview enjoy the full version ;)

Peetfighter likes this.
  20. Reyh!

Reyh! Crackpot Backer

Oh right! I forgot to show you my hobbies!

Hello world. A simple program that I've made. I've also enchanced the program abit, but not much. It's a start. :) (Just to be clear, I've not made the site, just the program that is described on the site/page.. :p)
    Food. I love to cook, and I'm pretty good at it too! Here is a representation of my favorite dish.
    On the picture you can see something I've made using Blender.

Attached Files:

• Hode.jpg
      Hode.jpg
      File size:
      266.6 KB
      Views: