• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

[Shrine] Abandoned Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sebt

Matriarch
Dec 4, 2011
The Venus Project
www.TheVenusProject.com
Abandoned Workshop

If You have just found this mysterious place that means many years ago there was a workshop were esoteric creatures called "Horned Trolls" had worked on the equipment that raised chances to win all incoming battles. One day these workaholics invented machines that could craft better equipment. What's interesting Trolls didn't focus on crafting sharper blades or more durable armors in metal form, but they tried to yoke some elements and give power of ice and fire to their weapons. They successfully invented a special Devices that could enchant the equipment with elemental powers - they'd called them Ignitor (that gave fire powers) and Kra (that gave ice powers).

Inventors tried to mix fire and ice together, but that were above their skills so they had to build separated machines. Some Workshops brought another inventions - equipments that provides to their owner boosted attack and movement speed, but didn't have any magical properties. These speeding up equipment required a machine called Accelerator - because eqipment needs arcane powers to bound with the owner to boosts owner's attack and movement speed.

During many battles, Workshops were priceles... but during many Ice Ages the Ignitors stopped working - fire abilities of crafted equipments just disappeared during Ice Ages affection. Analogical this happened to Kra Machines. Only Accelerators works independently of the climate changing rituals.

Because Foundries started to be more efficient Workshops were limiting to only place for Devices and only one of them in one place, the rest of works were moved to Foundries. After some wars Workshops were hide from enemies and finally had to be forsaken. Still these Workshops has Devices and can be reactivated by claiming them, but a secret how Horned Trolls made these Devices is still unknown.

Here we have divided into three shrines Workshops, each one-vein only lover will be satisfied:

Highlight for IGNITOR: Gives all creature's equipments passive fire spell ability to burn the enemy in melee or ranged non-magic combat causing timing damages. Gives a very small chance to blind the target for few seconds. Blinded target cannot attack, move and use spells. Every ice magic effects on target dissapears. Stops working during Ice Age ritual.
Highlight for KRA: Gives all creature's equipments passive ice spell ability to slow the enemy in melee or ranged non-magic combat. Gives a very small chance to freeze the target for few seconds. Freezed target cannot attack, move and use spells. Every fire magic effects on target dissapears. Stops working during Global Warming ritual.
Highlight for ACCELERATOR: Gives all creature's equipments passive ability to raise owner's movement and attack speed.
Purpose: Equipment improvements
Associated Units: N/A
How does it Work: If occupied/claimed by a player every equipment crafted in Foundry gets additional abilities described above depending on the kind of Device in Abandoned Workshop.
Appearance: A shrine where there are some workshop stuffs and a something like a generator (more/less like DK 1's workshop machine), glowing in the middle of the Shrine, like here:

Jan 3, 2013
Very interesting concept.

There's little revealed about shrines and system behind them but this pretty much has everything clear and simple - capture the point and harness the bonuses it grants you.

Sebt

Matriarch
Dec 4, 2011
The Venus Project
www.TheVenusProject.com
first shrine suggestion btw :D
Seriously? I thought I was second. Nice, thanks :D

That is because the Dev's haven't fully explained how they will work. Same with Rituals and Potions. Still holding out for details on those, so I can spam the forums with shitty suggestions for those as well...
Hmm before I made this topic I read all revealed potions, shrines and rituals.
I came to this think:
- rituals were described in WFTO Wednesday #18 as spells which can be activate by one click after You've research one (only one at the time is possible to research). Researching ritual need sacrifaces, gold, mana etc. To move forward your research progress bar.
- potions can be dropped somewhere on a tile than they do something,for example freezes nearby target in a potion range. But how to drop it, who or what will drop it is not mentioned
- shrines are places where You have to claim them like a common room, but they do something - raises your gold mining, speeding up your units etc. as long as are occupied by You.

So in this way I made a topic with abandoned workshop, that could remind us a little workshops from DK series, but are only the shrines. As I see they won't by always a sacred places, but mysterious, abandoned places, where You have to just claim them and watch what they did.

If someone could ask about how do the shrines, potions and ritual works exactly on the next Livestream that would be perfect. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom