• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Siren

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 9, 2011
Covington, Kentucky
Siren

Description: An alluring mermaid like creature that lives in the water, it uses a magical song which will compel enemies into deep water where they will slowly drown.
High Level Siren's may learn more powerful magic, but it is my opinion they should not have combat oriented abilities, i think the ability to freeze water and make it passable would be nice at high levels.
Sirens are water creatures and cannot spend large amounts of time out of water.
A siren is an expensive but relatively weak creature, relying on magical ability and using the environment to defeat foes.
A siren would be skilled in magical study.
Recruiting a Siren would require an underwater lair.

I make this suggestion, as there was very little impact water had DKII other then slowing things down. A few water creatures could not only make the game interesting, but allow for some creative ways to get threw levels, as well as open new elements of level design itself.
I know there is a suggested format for unit proposal, but I feel getting the core concept in direct order matters far more then arguing about theoretical stats.

Nov 10, 2011
The Netherlands
I don't think water should be that crucial for a creature to exist. For one, there's no such thing as an "underwater lair", so she would already have a problem with becoming obtainable. Also, if it can only stay in water, pretty much its only use is to swim around in underground lakes because it'd pretty much only flop around anywhere else.

For an underwater creature I would look more at like the tentacle from DK1, which received a lair bonus if it were adjacent to water, and could actually function on land, but would be able to get a boost in water.

Water needn't have such a large role. It's an obstacle, not much more than that.

Dec 9, 2011
Covington, Kentucky
There is no such thing as an underwater lair yet, and I didn't say she should only stay in water, I said she cannot spend large amounts of time out of water, she should have to go back every so often. A water only creature would not be able to do much.

I am only proposing that water could be more relevent in your iteration of the game, you could remove it completely as well, I personally feel that it was more annoying as it had stood in the DK series, as all it did was make the game take longer when you had to cross large amounts of it, and I feel like if it was to be included it could be made more relevant, if you are going to include something in a game, players need to care about it, and in war games of all kinds it is good to be able to turn the use of landscape to your advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom